Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Front Plates and Base police

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Plates and Base police

I have my front WA plate in the window cause i think the car looks a lot better with out it on the bummper, but i guess base Security doesn't think so.

Earlier in the week I was driving on base and Security said, "so when r u going to mount ur plate properly?" I simply told him when i get screws for it. And he told me that it is a voilation and i could get pulled over if it. i said thanks and he let in on my happy way with me not think to much about it.

Well last night when i can back on base they ticketed me right there at the gate!!! SO i guess i have to say GOODBYE to the great style of my front end and put the plate back on.

By the way I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM OUT IN TOWN with my plate the the window!!!!!!!!

Has this happen to anyone else???

Is there a motorized front plate i can put on??
Old 01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

i have seen people mount it on the airdam
Old 01-26-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would look up the actual law. If it says that it has to have two plates (one front and one back) and doesnt say you have to mount it on the bumper take it to court.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Its on a military installation. Only the ****'s enforced laws more strictly. He wouldn't win. Trust me 20+ years in the army they don't take kindly to challenging their authority on something as petty as a license plate. I have sat on and attended plenty of court martials. Those guys are guilty before they sit down in most cases. Not something I would recommend fighting. JMO its not worth your time.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

So he should just say yup Im screwed??? Come on now thats the thinking that is not worth the time.

Im sorry but if its street legal on the outside its legal on the inside. As soon as the base starts adopting its own inspection then its a loss for him but as it is right now they dont.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i got busted on pendleton for tint and front plate. freaking lance coconut first day on the job probaly.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes the base has it's own regulations concerning exhaust, tint, noise polution (sound systems) and such. If I were you I would look into the regs on post, I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anything about how the front plates have to be mounted. That is a washington state law, what about everyone that has out of state plates? I call bs and would head to the provost marshal about it (IF IT IS NOT IN THE REGS). If it is well all i can say is buck up.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

its federal Not State law that rules the bases.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:48 PM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a front plate on mine, but it's registered out of state. I've only been asked once about it tho...they don't seem to give it a 2nd look. I'd look at the WA rules and if its for sure legal in this state, you'd think they'd let it slide on base. At least it's only a base ticket...no real worries. As far as what to do, I've got nothin for ya. I've been lucky
Old 01-26-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
its federal Not State law that rules the bases.
Actually you might want to look into how they have changed there inturpition in the last few years to adopt the law for the STATE the post is in
Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can say with absolute certainty that the base will say the law says the tag has to be mounted IAW the state law. Washington requires it and thats what they will enforce. If you have tags from states that don't require it it will be OK. They actually go through the hassle of knowing what each state requires and that's what they enforce. Some will let you slide but when you meet "that guy" you are stuck.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 AM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
They actually go through the hassle of knowing what each state requires and that's what they enforce.
No they don't...
Old 01-27-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silverbullet02
No they don't...
Really. I'd have to disagree. But I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over it.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Front plates are required in WA state.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:22 AM
11 Second Club

Bases go with what ever state they are in Laws. And they also have some of there own. But most of the time, if it is illegal out on town, it will be the same on base. And actually now in the navy, you can get a ticket on base and they will fine you, and take points from your license. They use to not do that, until last year.. Norfolk started that one.

I don't have a front plate on my Truck, and it is licensed here. I have only been pulled over for it twice, and that was in one day. On the East side of Seattle.

My Camaro is licensed in Az, and they only give you one plate. They have pulled me over in the car a few times. but they can't give me a ticket for it. Same with my exhaust. It is illegal here as well. but its the same, they can't give a ticket out for it. I have had plenty of warnings, but thats all they are, WARNINGS.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:29 AM
10 Second Club

Get over it!

You are property - not human.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Get over it!

You are property - not human.
You got that right!!!

Thanks for all of your inputs. I am just going to put it back on and bit the bullet.

I would still like to get a hide away front plate that it motorized.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Never a word without the front plate mounted, we've had problems out here with people taking a brand new front plate off vehicles. Had to get new ones, have no idea what the number is now.

That and the stupid being female thing allows some of us to get away with more. Either that or I look crabby they don't dare approach me
Old 01-27-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok so what is the wording of the WA law then?? We know its required but if it just one forward facing and one rear facing then he is ok with it in the windshield.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

The reason the military doesn't want it up in the windsheild, is because it is a flying Hazard. That is why they don't allow that on bases.

Quick Reply: Front Plates and Base police