Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Who is Going Racing at PR Friday?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008 | 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbo50
Either that or you just built a helluva TnT car/street beater, and what fun is that?
Driving it? Just a guess...
Old 05-25-2008 | 01:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
Driving it? Just a guess...
Yea because we all know high powered, traction limited, drag cars are a blast to just "drive". Okay so they are kinda fun. But imo nothing like being at a well prepped track yanking the wheels.
Old 05-25-2008 | 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbo50
Yea because we all know high powered, traction limited, drag cars are a blast to just "drive". Okay so they are kinda fun. But imo nothing like being at a well prepped track yanking the wheels.
Some cars are street cars, some are drag cars. Mine's a street car and I enjoy driving it as much as possible. Once I finish the turbo setup it will be my DD yet again.

Marty
Old 05-26-2008 | 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So what I get out of all this is that there are a couple of guys that supposedly have fast cars but don't race them and have poor attitudes. Just my observation.
Old 05-26-2008 | 02:02 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by NVME
It's not the fastest on the planet.
One would think it is by the amount of **** you talk.

I won't. And I do go to the track. I just don't post up about everytime I make a slow pass/put on a new cat back/tighten my lug nuts/change my oil/buy a piece of **** to haul my drums/lose my job. To each his own.
I don't know which is more disturbing... that you try to commit details of my personal life to your memory, or that you can't get them right.

But you see... there are people here who are interested in F-bodies, that's kinda what this board is for. Sure we get the usual non-GM fucktards that don't belong here, but most of them figure that out after a day or two and go find someone who actually gives a **** about their 20 year old low budget rattle trap.

I'd love to if I wasn't deployed all the time.
Yes, I'm sure you have a list of excuses a mile long... deployed, don't have the right safety equipment, dog ate your battery cable... blah ditty blah blah.

You'd know what that was about if you weren't Tacamo.
Welcome to 20 years ago. News flash.. the 80's are over.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 05-26-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-26-2008 | 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
So what I get out of all this is that there are a couple of guys that supposedly have fast cars but don't race them and have poor attitudes. Just my observation.
There is no supposedly about it. My car is not finished so there's a lot of speculation/bench racing on my part. But I guess a TT SBF making quadruple digits isn't fast.

As for bad attitudes??? Ask Lane how horrible of people we are.
Old 05-26-2008 | 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Wow what the **** happened here. lol. I will comment more when I have time, as of right now I have a turtle head poken out...
Old 05-26-2008 | 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
There is no supposedly about it. My car is not finished so there's a lot of speculation/bench racing on my part. But I guess a TT SBF making quadruple digits isn't fast.

As for bad attitudes??? Ask Lane how horrible of people we are.
Never sad anything about anyone being a bad person. Just poor attitudes. There is a world of difference between the two.
Old 05-26-2008 | 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Sure we get the usual non-GM fucktards that don't belong here, but most of them figure that out after a day or two and go find someone who actually gives a **** about their 20 year old low budget rattle trap.

Easy there killer.
Old 05-27-2008 | 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here feast on this, lol. I am coming for someone, or something, just can't remember who/what/where, lol. Final stages today and actually turned the key a few times. Oh, by the way, i had to ask a couple people in the general know, on cutting edge stuff that no one else is doing, a couple questions, does that mean I am a dumb azz and don't know what I am doing?

Robert
Old 05-27-2008 | 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Looks nice Robert! Might even keep up with those Slowmaros. But Huffer? When did you put a super charger on it?

As for your last sentence, was that a statement or a question?
Old 05-27-2008 | 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Robert56
Oh, by the way, i had to ask a couple people in the general know, on cutting edge stuff that no one else is doing, a couple questions, does that mean I am a dumb azz and don't know what I am doing?

Robert
Boy you make some things tooooo easy....... Looks great mang!
Old 05-27-2008 | 01:21 PM
On The Tree

So back to the original thread...................Friday was rained out. Saturday had a nice fireball.

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Looks nice Robert! Might even keep up with those Slowmaros. But Huffer? When did you put a super charger on it?

As for your last sentence, was that a statement or a question?
Originally Posted by PONYEATER
Boy you make some things tooooo easy....... Looks great mang!
Well a statement and a question, lol. Actually, it was in defense of who ever that was that claimed Ellis was less than smart because he asked Ryan a question or two. How lame, anyone that doesn't ask questions will never get anywhere, as no one was born knowing everything. If your a general mech like some of us, it's always in our best interest to ask a specific question to someone who specializes in that one area, right? The guys that think this tuning is easy, and not different per car, really do not know much about the subject at all, as it can get very involved, IMO.

Oh, and keeping up with the Slowmaros, if there was only more Slowmaros, as it seems most are becoming pretty damn fast. It's really amazing the power these small blocks can put out, we seem to be generally in big block territory with quite a few combos, wouldn't you say so Pony? thanks for the kudos on looking good, though that's not my main goal, going faster is, but now getting this new power to hook up is the next challenge. hopefully we will be out with you guys in a week or two, but still some tuning is left to do. oh ****, i may need some help, really. i am getting some codes from the LS2 90mm TB and it should be plug and play, right? Might be my adapter cable though, any insight would be helpful, and I do have a thread going asking for help, so I must be a dumb azz after all, lol.

So did anyone get any racing in this week end? See ya guys out there soon.
Robert
Old 05-27-2008 | 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Robert get ahold of Cory at LS2 portworks. I am pretty sure he can help you out with the TB problems He is the local expert on the TBs and don't let anyone tell you different

Thanks guys. It is true. I would rather ask a question or two then **** it up all together trying to look like a hero.

I hope to have the battery box finished soon and a new Converter in. We tried one but it appears my slow *** junk makes more power then was expected and pushed a converter rated at 4,500 to 6,500 N/A
Old 05-27-2008 | 09:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Thanks guys. It is true. I would rather ask a question or two then **** it up all together trying to look like a hero.

That very admirable, Ellis and I applaud your humble attitude. Next time you try to tune Lane's car make sure to ask a few questions so it doesn't hunt idle and die in the Safeway parking lot when we go to pick up some groceries.
Old 05-27-2008 | 09:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by crazylane
as of right now I have a turtle head poken out...
Are you referring to a turd poking out of your butt or a certain 2 people on this board....

Definition:
A large hard turd being sucked in and out of a body cavity by use of the sphyncter muscle.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...prairie+doggin

Last edited by firehawk618; 05-27-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2008 | 09:56 PM
Launching!

Don't know why two of you seem to hate ellis so much but I have only known him for a year and in that time have come to find out that he is a real stand up guy.

Don't care what your opinion of him may be but I can tell you for sure you're outnumbered by far.

Oh yeah. You two are such good friends of Lane and apparently know way more than Ellis does about tuning these tempermental bastards so why don't you just fix it RIGHT and be done with it?

Or is the software / cable / license too expensive for you?
Old 05-27-2008 | 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh yea, Cory, I forgot about hime and he probably will know what's up. also, from what i hear, the LS2 TB can use some porting to help with low speed lazyness. will get a hold of him.
Robert
Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Hey Robert get ahold of Cory at LS2 portworks. I am pretty sure he can help you out with the TB problems He is the local expert on the TBs and don't let anyone tell you different

I hope to have the battery box finished soon and a new Converter in. We tried one but it appears my slow *** junk makes more power then was expected and pushed a converter rated at 4,500 to 6,500 N/A
Old 05-27-2008 | 10:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by firehawk618
Don't know why two of you seem to hate ellis so much but I have only known him for a year and in that time have come to find out that he is a real stand up guy.

Don't care what your opinion of him may be but I can tell you for sure you're outnumbered by far.

Oh yeah. You two are such good friends of Lane and apparently know way more than Ellis does about tuning these tempermental bastards so why don't you just fix it RIGHT and be done with it?

Or is the software / cable / license too expensive for you?
I have a flathead screwdriver and a jet kit. That's my tuning software.

If you are saying that buying all that to fix a neighbor's car is too expensive, then yes, you are correct.

Ellis can fix the car. I'm not touching it. It seriously dies half the time when you come to a stop. It is mostly stock with headers/exhaust and decent sized cam.

Quick Reply: Who is Going Racing at PR Friday?