Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anyone know what the story here was? What a shame....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Anyone know what the story here was? What a shame....

Thank goodness the driver is okay http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2126068
Old 09-07-2008, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sucks ***... Yeah good thing he was okay. But looks like there was blood on the driver side piller.. Right were the head rest is on the seat.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ellis and I have seen that one drive through Monroe many times. Glad to hear that the driver is OK. Don't think they will be able to put that one back together!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Haha funny. i drove by when the Z06 was on the flatbed. Cops directing traffic and everybody just standing around. There is a 35mph speed sign where the corner is then the road is 45mph. He just plain drove thru the rail in the ditch at a high speed. Z06 was fucked up. And funny the crash was near the home of a sick *** yellow NSX to!!!I dont own a chevy but i own a GM and i drove by and gave them the 2nd gear pull with my supercharger screamin. The location is Wood-Duv road bout 1-2 miles from downtown duvall i was headin towards woodinville, where i live in Aspenwood bout 1/2 mile from the crash. BTW i love corvettes and my HP tuner Vince(TrifectaTuning) just sold his Z28 and got a brand new 08 red vette. My buddy has a burnt orange C6, his name is Shea, some might know him, he live in bothell/mill creek off Bothell-Everett Highway. Anyways GMs are the best!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

That will buff...aw forget it. Sad to see, glad the drive is okay!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Never seen that particular Z06 running around. Glad to hear he at least survived.

People always ask me what these cars are like and the best word i can use to describe them is deceptive. The C5 Z was raw and quick but you had more room to play and could feel it getting away from you unless you just romped on it with no care. The C6 Z will fool you and catch you off guard in a hurry. It's so much more refined than the C5 Z that it seems docile putting around at 6/10's or less. Makes you think it's well mannered. The moment you open it up though it turns into a monster and the difference between in control and out of control is nanoseconds. I used to turn off all the driver aids on my C5 Z and enjoy sliding the car around. I've turned off the driver aids on the C6 Z a couple of times and got lucky. They're back on for the time being.

Originally Posted by lilhomieb07
Haha funny. i drove by when the Z06 was on the flatbed. Cops directing traffic and everybody just standing around. There is a 35mph speed sign where the corner is then the road is 45mph. He just plain drove thru the rail in the ditch at a high speed. Z06 was fucked up. And funny the crash was near the home of a sick *** yellow NSX to!!!I dont own a chevy but i own a GM and i drove by and gave them the 2nd gear pull with my supercharger screamin. The location is Wood-Duv road bout 1-2 miles from downtown duvall i was headin towards woodinville, where i live in Aspenwood bout 1/2 mile from the crash. BTW i love corvettes and my HP tuner Vince(TrifectaTuning) just sold his Z28 and got a brand new 08 red vette. My buddy has a burnt orange C6, his name is Shea, some might know him, he live in bothell/mill creek off Bothell-Everett Highway. Anyways GMs are the best!!!
I know Shea. Tell him I said hi and ask him how he liked my signature on his street.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

If you think a Corvette is hard to handle...try controlling a Viper...
Old 09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

We drive that road every day. Looks like he made a common mistake on that corner. Un-fortunately he paid for it. Glad he walked away

I Also know vince Glad things are working out for him.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Man that is just sickening to see that beautiful piece of machinery in that condition. Glad the driver is ok though.

Maybe next time he will take his best bang for the buck supercar to a road course instead of on the street playing around. Reminds me of all the GTO, Camaros and TA that fall victim to this same sort of driving

Very sad indeed
Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Teching In

haha ya shea lets me drive his vette every once in awhile. He knows im the only friend that will WOT without sayin no everybody else gives like half throttle. Ill ask him next time i talk to him bout the street thing. Anyways, everytime i drive by the guardrail i just picture that vette smashed. And ya Vince is doin good, theres a f-body dyno meet in october but i dont like a few members of there club and i dont wanna get fun of in my car, lol dont ask!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

can you imagine the noise that crash made with all those composite panels getting crushed and parts being torn from the car. When the car broke thru the guard rail I bet the driver thought he was in big trouble.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike13
can you imagine the noise that crash made with all those composite panels getting crushed and parts being torn from the car. When the car broke thru the guard rail I bet the driver thought he was in big trouble.

AND THEN it started dropping!

Quick Reply: Anyone know what the story here was? What a shame....