Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

2nd Annual BAN ONE Firebird and TA show, Atlanta, GA 2 May

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Annual BAN ONE Firebird and TA show, Atlanta, GA 2 May

I'm happy to announce the BAN ONE Firebird and Trans Am show is all set for May 2nd. Just like last year we will be hosted by Summit Racing's Superstore in McDonough, GA. I-75, exit 216. Last year we had about 25 4th Gen TA and Birds in Attendance.

Please check our our website for more info and to download a registration form at http://www.banoneshow.com

New for 2009:
-We have added a Light Modified Class for each of the Generations for a total of 4 new classes.
-We have increased our award count to 76
-We have changed our awards...last year we had the really nice plaque awards that had a 5X7 pic of the winners car on it. We received many positive comments about our awards....but we have come up (IMO) with one of the most unique awards that will be the talk of other car shows...and I expect it to be copied by other shows.... it's that cool 8)
-We will have a "Winners Row" for our returning Best of show and Class winners.
-Our winners row participants will also hand out the awards for the class they won in 2008.
-The big change this year is we moved the date from Sep to May. The weather in May will be great and not nearly as hot. Also for those of us who love going to the TA Nats if will give us a little more time between the two shows.

Last year we had 61 TA's and Firebrids and this year I believe we will grow. This is a Participants show where you have the chance to be selected by your peers and receive you award from one as well. Last year participants came from MD, VA, NC, SC, FL, AL and of course GA.

I'm very proud of the awards this year and below is a picture of what the top 5 in each class will recieve its a full size replica of the Bandits license plate with DOT style stickers that denote the class and place you finished. The full size plate is secured on a trophy plaque using a Summit Racing License plate frame.

Not becuase it's my idea, but I'm tell'n ya these awards are killer...IMO the best of any show (yes, I'm biased).

Here is the sample award for 1st place, Stock Class 4th Gen. We have 1st thur 5th place for each class (Stock, Modified and Custom) for each Gen, plus 11 specialty awards, plus 6 Car of the hour awards...This is just a drawing...the real award looks soooo cool...heck I wish I wasn't putting on the show so I could win one to hang on my wall

Last edited by Jkbride; 03-29-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Teching In

I forgot to mention that High Performance Pontiac called me to tell me they intend to be at the show...it was nice to have them call me vs the other way around

That said, the Associate Editor told me he had heard from several of last years participants that it was a good show...it was one of those moments that makes it worth all the work!

You can go to www.highperformancepontiac.com to read what they posted on their website.

Hope you can make it!

John
Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkbride
That said, the Associate Editor told me he had heard from several of last years participants that it was a good show...it was one of those moments that makes it worth all the work!

Hmmmm...LILHOTROD96, I wonder who some of those participants could have been????

John, we really talked it up for you to both Kevin and Phillip when we were down in Orlando for my shoot!!! They said they had their budgets cut this year and wouldnt be doing as much event coverage and I told them the BanOne show was a MUST that it was one of the best put together and organized shows I had ever been to! I am glad they listened.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can I drive my Camaro?

Bill
Old 04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Hmmmm...LILHOTROD96, I wonder who some of those participants could have been????

John, we really talked it up for you to both Kevin and Phillip when we were down in Orlando for my shoot!!! They said they had their budgets cut this year and wouldnt be doing as much event coverage and I told them the BanOne show was a MUST that it was one of the best put together and organized shows I had ever been to! I am glad they listened.
Tnxs It's folks like you that I do the show...I'm glad you enjoyed it and appreciate your comments to Christohper....
Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wish we could make it......
Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bill Bowling
Can I drive my Camaro?

Bill
Sure Bill...you can drive your car to the show (you just won't be able to show it)

BTW, I love Camaro's too
Old 04-03-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkbride
Sure Bill...you can drive your car to the show (you just won't be able to show it)

BTW, I love Camaro's too
Thanks. I knew I would not be able to show it? It is a D/D and would not do too well anyway. Too many rock, etc marks on the front clip.

Bill
Old 04-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Well, everything is a go. I picked up over 80 awards a couple of weeks ago. I'm having 125 window sticker decals made that have the show logo and the words "Its a Firebird Thing" completed this week. The decals, ala Cruisin'n the coast or the Hot Rod Power tour will be given to the first 100 participants. I decided to go with a decal vs dash plaques.

Last month, by popular demand, I had some show T-Shirts made which will be on sale at the show for $15 each.

Last year we had 61 cars for our first show. This year I don't know the numbers of participants, but I can tell you our preregistrations doubled. If the weather is good, I suspect we will have a good chance of breaking last years number.

Hope you can make it!

John
Old 04-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Weather looks good...Partly Cloudy and only 10-20% chance of rain...hope to see you there! Were expecting somewhere between 70-80 Firebirds and TA's of all Gens!

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual BAN ONE Firebird and TA show, Atlanta, GA 2 May