Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

2011 F-Body Beach Bash feedback wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2011 F-Body Beach Bash feedback wanted!

Hopefully everyone made it home safely today! While it's fresh in everyone's mind...the staff really wants to hear your feedback from the show. What you liked, what you didn't like, what you want to see next year, what you don't want to see next year, etc. We are already kicking ideas around of course, but the weekend will always be designed around what YOU people want to see. Let's hear it!

Thanks again to everyone who came out. If you particiapated in the entire weekend, I think it's safe to say you had a great time. HUGE thanks goes to Hawks Third Gen and Tick Performance who stepped up in a huge way to make the weekend possible. It 100% would not happen without the generosity of these "local" shops and their staffs. Be sure to support them so they can coninue to support us! Buy a Tick Master or some 3rd Gen parts!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactally what kyle said. Please guys, support these shops.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

First of all I want to thank everybody that worked so hard to put this event on, I had the time of my life and can't wait til next year!! It was very professionally done and I was really impressed.

I didn't make it out to the test and tune at Darlington but I'm gonna try to do that next year. The track day at Myrtle Beach was awesome, I loved how there were so many different things to do to test you and your car's skill level. It was also nice because there was competition involved but not so much you couldn't go out and just have a great time. I think it would be cool after things wrap up for the day maybe have a professional photographer take pictures of people and their cars on the track by a spot where it says Myrtle Beach Speedway for some sort of price if they want prints. I dunno, just an idea.

The car show was really good too and the trophies looked cool, kinda disappointed I didn't get one. I would like to see by next year maybe try to figure out someway to break it up in to some sort of classes. The one thing I didn't understand about the trophies is why cars that weren't F-Bodys were getting awards? I'm not saying that they were really nice vehicles getting them but I thought just the F-Bodies were being judged. Maybe if classes get broke down next year have a non-F-Body best of show award?

Lastly I really wanna see this event grow and grow in years to come. I think a few things can be done to help. Try to get the flyers available to all of us to print as early as possible we can be getting the word out. This way more people can hear about it and have to time to spread word of mouth and make plans to attend. Another thing is get the Facebook page for next year up and running early as possibe, we all may not like Facebook but we know the world rotates around it now and I think it could possibly be the most important outlet for getting the word spread. Also possibly get a message forum going just for the Beach Bash?

Oh yeah F-Body Beach Bash decals, we need decals!!
Old 07-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Even as part of the staff, I had a great time. Did not here any negative thoughts. Im ready to do it again.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

We were originally going to do classes, but with the time and effort that it took to make the awards...we wanted to make sure they would all be used. When you do classes, you end up with classes that have just one car...and that car may not be of show caliber. That car gets a trophy, but another much nicer car in a larger class goes home with nothing. Thats not ot say we wont do classes next year, thats just the reason we did it this way this year.

A Facebook page is a great idea and will defintely be in the works. We had a flyer on the show site for a few months now, but I'm not sure if people knew about it and used it! A forum has also been discussed but we just never bit the bullet on it. And yes, decals would be nice too! Maybe include them with registration as an optional fee.

Another thing we will probably do next year is require payment with pre-registration. This will benefit in two ways. One...it will give us a more clear idea of how many cars will show, since people would have already paid...and two...offer a slight discount to pre-paid entires.

Keep the ideas coming!
Old 07-17-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Those are good ideas with the decals and the pre-registration. Decals could be good too as far as having them being seen on peoples cars creating intrest. Just another way to keep this thing growing! If it continues to grow then I'm sure it would be a lot easier to break the show down by classes.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Wicked94TA, feedback like this is exactally what we need to hear. The photos at the speedway is a great idea and I can't believe we didn't think of decals.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

I, myself would like for this to be an all F-Body show, but unfortunately there's just not enough support yet. The separate classes takes a ton of trophies, and we were dead set against buying a bunch of cheap plastic pieces of junk. I'm already racking my brain to try and come up with next years designs. What a weekend, I'm beat, but it was much fun. Later, Dean
Old 07-17-2011, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I just wanna first say thank you to all the sponsors and everyone who came first. Without them, and the first 20 or 50 or 100 cars that come will be the ones that can make this event that much better by our and everyone else's feed back.

I think the picture idea is great, and maybe have someone to video the runs that are made during the day.

I loved the trophies and thought to myself that had to of cost a good bit just to get those made.

Decals would be nice, too and I am looking foward to getting my two t-shirts that I didn't get.... More T-shirts!!!!!!!!!!

Was there race gas available and E-85 at Darlington? I would of liked to of made it, but I had problems getting clearance for my drag wheels, since I have no chance of hooking my Nitto's.... I'm sure that would be an expensive outlet to explore, but it would open up the pool of cars that could come and compete also. I know dave had to turn his ride down because of being limited to 93. Something to think about for next years events....

Thanks to all the sponsors Tick, Hawks, LMM, and all the other's for making it happen! Next year F-body Beach Bash can't wait!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to evryone that came to the Beach Bash this year. I think it was a huge hit.

This was only the second year that Late Model Motorsports organized this event so we're still "learning". Two track events and a show over a 3 day weekend at the beach......doesn't get much better than that. That being said....if the F-Body crowd wants an F-Body only event then we need to support it.

Here are some numbers for you:
Show participation:
58 cars total
43 Fbodies
7.... 5th gen Camaros
16... .. 4th gen Camaros
1......3rd gen Camaro
1......2nd gen Camaro
3......1st gen Camaros

15.....4th gen Firebirds.....no 1, 2 or 3 gens

15...other GM

We gave 46 awards for the car show.......so 46 of the 58 cars won an award.

Our group brought another 15 cars not in the show...ie LMM, Hawks, Tick.

One of our members took 1400 pictures....you should be seeing some of these shortly. Plus we had some videos of the track events too. If anyone has any videos post them up!!!!!!!

Great feedback.......we'll do our best to make it even better in 2012.

Also....I want to thank all the of the LMM TEAM and our sponsors.

If you missed this event you missed out on one of the best 3 day events in our area. Thanks again to everyone that made it out!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Teching In

i agree about the trophys! they were awesome! really made us wish we had out cars down that week and almost made us want to wash the duramax and put it in!
thought the turnout was great and it will only get bigger!
lets not let the mustang guys get the upper hand =] LOL
Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Well my brother just went and picked this up today and we'll be working on it from now til next year and hopefully bring another 2nd gen to the show, some plans have been made for it...

...can anybody say 6 speed 2nd gen?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I personally am mostly a fourth gen guy but I think more of the first, second, and third gen guys need to be swayed towards the event/show. After I finish my current fourth gen build I plan on doing a long term 70-73 protouring LSX bird build. I really liked the black 67' Vorteched LSX Camaro with the Forgelines and I honestly thought that should of been the best of show car, although the USA tribute car was definitely worthy as well. I really enjoyed the show and will make it next year for sure, hopefully for the whole event and with my Trans Am, not a CTS-V.

I think a good idea for the show would be to allocate a certain amount of spaces to car forums/groups so that they could help round up committed attendees from their group for the show, kind of like what they do at Auto Fair in Charlotte. Also, have the forum/car groups compete against each other at the track events like the Forum Wars on Speed Channel. It would be awesome to see this event grow into something big and I look forward to it.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I loved seeing the third, second, first and 5th gen guys show up as I did the V's and other cars that came.

Honestly I think it shouldn't matter what cars compete in the events or park at the show, but the cars that get judged and actually win prizes should be GM made.

I'd like to see LS powered trucks, other cars, hell anything LS powered I think should be allowed to run and be judged, but the ones that aren't shouldn't be held back from particiapting and feeling the fun of the event, but prizes should be done as said above.

Can't wait to see that 2nd gen Wicked!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Had a good time, even though my car broke down and I missed the racing.

Hope we have a stronger turnout in the future, I think more people would come if they knew about it, like people who don't normally get on fbody forums.

I passed a guy in a mustang on the strip and he asked me if it was camaro week (he was down early for mustang week), he said "oh I would have brought mine if I had known".
Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

I think a lot more poeple know about it but haven't decided whether it's worth it to come. We had about 130 people sign up.....probably another 50-75 saw it on this site but couldn't make it or whatever. I passed out 200 flyers to F-Body owners at the Run to the Sun show in Myrtle Beach in March and AutoFair in Charlotte in April.......mostly 1st and 2nd gen owners. Then we passed out 150 flyers at the Gathering in May.

That means about 500 Fbody owners knew about the event but only 43 were commited enough show up. It's just going to take time.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i suggest collecting a fee at the time of registration that covers your entry fee for the car show

this will kill all of the false registration that occurred, and not cost anyone more money

if people arent able to commit they can always still show up and register day-of. win-win but you guys dont get a bunch of b.s. registrations.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i suggest collecting a fee at the time of registration that covers your entry fee for the car show

this will kill all of the false registration that occurred, and not cost anyone more money

if people arent able to commit they can always still show up and register day-of. win-win but you guys dont get a bunch of b.s. registrations.
Actully, we talked about this yesterday....we need to set up a bank account so we can make deposits using PayPal or whatever.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

^ That will be a definite for next year. We wanted to do that this year, it just slipped through the cracks. We want to set up an account just for the event, and we can tie it directly to a paypal account so people can pay electronically, or just mail us a check. Possibly decrease the fee for registereing and paying early, and increase the fee for the day-of.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
I loved seeing the third, second, first and 5th gen guys show up as I did the V's and other cars that came.

Honestly I think it shouldn't matter what cars compete in the events or park at the show, but the cars that get judged and actually win prizes should be GM made.

I'd like to see LS powered trucks, other cars, hell anything LS powered I think should be allowed to run and be judged, but the ones that aren't shouldn't be held back from particiapting and feeling the fun of the event, but prizes should be done as said above.

Can't wait to see that 2nd gen Wicked!
I agree with you as far as the judging goes. Hopefully the attendance will be up next year and there will be a possibility of having seperate classes in the show. Have maybe whatever seperate classes for the F-Bodies and then have an award for the best non-F-Body GM car (Corvette, CTS, GTO, G8, Impala, Trail Blazer, etc.) I wouldn't say just LS powered because I'd love to see some Impalas, Grand Nationals, and Syclones at the show too.

Hopefully me and my bro can get the '78 show worthy by next year. It's gonna be a lot of work plus all the plans I have for my car but I'm looking forward to it actually.

Quick Reply: 2011 F-Body Beach Bash feedback wanted!