Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

2008 Trans am Nationals, Dayton OH

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any trophy winners, any pics from the show or cruise-in at Tipp City? Post them up. It was a great time. I wish I could of been there on Sunday but maybe next year.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics from today - http://photos.going-faster.com/Galle...gallery=117772
Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 95TAGary
Any trophy winners, any pics from the show or cruise-in at Tipp City? Post them up. It was a great time. I wish I could of been there on Sunday but maybe next year.
I didn't get to go this year

Hopefully there is one next year but. It says there demolishing the AirPort Hotel for parking. in April of 2009.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

If I am not mistaken the white Trans Am with the Red Dragon on the side won the heavy modified....if so....wow.

Last edited by casey02ws6; 08-24-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1996firebirdformula
I didn't get to go this year

Hopefully there is one next year but. It says there demolishing the AirPort Hotel for parking. in April of 2009.
They are tearing down the hotel. The 2009 TA Nationals will be held at the Dayton Marriott Hotel.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

ls1transam84 and SPRAYED 01 I have a bunch of pics of your cars. PM me your Mailing addresses, and I can send you a CD with them on it. The are very high res 10.1 MP files, and there are quite a few, so I can't e-mail them.

It was nice meeting you guys down there too.

Nick
Old 08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Another show down. Love being around all those Trans Ams. Can't wait to see the new set up next year. Nick got some awsome Tipp City pictures.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rick Speed
Another show down. Love being around all those Trans Ams. Can't wait to see the new set up next year. Nick got some awsome Tipp City pictures.
I will try to post some of my general pics up here in the next few day. I'll posta link to them in here.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

i had a blast. got about 200+ pics.

just going to link it here because i dont feel like reposting them all again. i should have the tipp city ones posted tommorrow (about 75-80 of them)

(theres a few pics from last years in here, didnt pay attention when i was posting them as i went lol, so dont mind them.)

http://forums.cfmperformance.net/showthread.php?t=2390
Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
If I am not mistaken the white Trans Am with the Red Dragon on the side won the heavy modified....if so....wow.

Yes he did. I was lucky enoughto take 3rd place--the red car with the flames took 2nd. That car from Georgia was outstanding--hard to believe it didn't place.

Last edited by Bird Man; 08-25-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bird Man
Yes he did. I was lucky enoughto take 3ed place--the red car with the flames took 2nd. That car from Georgia was outstanding--hard to believe it didn't place.
Loss of credibility in my opinion.

Your car was certainly deserving but the other 2 I think they missed the boat. It is very subjective but it appears they made the selections based on the # of things done to the cars rather than the quality.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
Loss of credibility in my opinion.

Your car was certainly deserving but the other 2 I think they missed the boat. It is very subjective but it appears they made the selections based on the # of things done to the cars rather than the quality.
I think that happens a lot of times
Old 08-25-2008, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bird Man
Yes he did. I was lucky enoughto take 3ed place--the red car with the flames took 2nd. That car from Georgia was outstanding--hard to believe it didn't place.
You have got to be $hitting me! I was in that same class with the Medium Blue Metallic Trans Am. The guy from Georgia was next to me and his car was ridiculously clean and awesome. There is no way in hell that he shouldn't have got something. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the judging, and as usual the tech line guys screwed people left and right. This show is becoming a joke when it comes to that kind of stuff. I am digusted
Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone else think the attendance was very low this year? I know the vendor area was dead... other vendors we talked too all agreed, it was some what sad compared to the last few years.

Also there staff is extremely rude.. anyone else noticed this?

Ryan
Old 08-25-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrianB
You have got to be $hitting me! I was in that same class with the Medium Blue Metallic Trans Am. The guy from Georgia was next to me and his car was ridiculously clean and awesome. There is no way in hell that he shouldn't have got something. This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the judging, and as usual the tech line guys screwed people left and right. This show is becoming a joke when it comes to that kind of stuff. I am digusted
One of the reasons I only go for Sat. and to the cruise-in at Tipp City now and don't stay for Sunday. I found out over the years it doesn't matter how clean or nice your TA is it comes down to the Judges to what car they like the best and not go by a true score card.
I think everyone talking about the guy from Georgia and his name is 97ramsst.
His car is SOM TA and it has no flawes what so ever inside or out and is a true car show TA. I would love to see the judges score sheet to find where they deducted points because it has to be one of cleanest TA's up there.
Makes me wonder if he can't place I know I wouldn't so I'm glad I saved all the work cleaning mine. I thought there was a lot of cars this year and the attendance was good. I wish the people could vote for the cars they think should win and maybe we could get it right?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll have 200+ pics uploaded within a half hour or so and will edit this post with the photobucket link
Old 08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianB

the tech line was fubarred thats for sure... they tried to put me in heavy custom for having a 96-97 WS6 hood on a 95

this happened on friday afternoon and saturday morning when i went into that class (i already suspected i was in the wrong one) i got to talking to a guy with a 94 T/A with the same setup as me plus fuel rail covers and other mods... he was in the winners circle and won last year in modified and said thats what i should be in and ironically he was a tech person a few years ago so he got a tech guy to re-evaluate my car and the guy kind of agreed but gave some BS story about "Well you're not really competing against the other cars in the class, its all about the points" yeah right, like the judges are gonna rate a mostly stock 121k mile car against some trailor queen with $10k in chrome under the hood so he went to get the head judge and walked him over to where my car was and just wanted him to look at the car and the head judges words were "what the heck is this car doing in heavy custom?" so the judge moved me into G-2 modified the icing on the cake is when i pulled into the modified area, there was a 95 formula 'vert with aftermarket wheels and a ws6 hood and also a 94 formula T-top with the same... so apparently they weren't following the same guidelines for every car

here's the url for my pics, they are in the process of uploading but there are already 30+ in there

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/pdennis93/

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 08-25-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have had a tough time competing with the garage queens also---I have 83,000 mi on my car and I never know how it will be judged (I am the Silver Surfer car in M-3)
BrianB--I really like that Blue car of yours---where did you get the body stripes?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

An awesome time was had by myself and SPRAYED 01. I took 2nd in class D, would love to see the judging sheets though, got beat by a 13000 mile car over my 2600 mile car. I inspected the other car real close and it was a clean car but not cleaner than mine. But in any case still an awesome weekend. Wouldn't trade it for the world! Nice meeting all you guys!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too had an excellent time. I got to drive my 10sec turbo T/A over 700 miles,got 22mpg and Pontiac High Performance is doing a feature article on my car. Cant wait till next year,hopfully ill be driving a 9sec by then and getting better mpg.

Alex

Quick Reply: 2008 Trans am Nationals, Dayton OH