Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need help with sliver color ?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Need help with sliver color ?!?!

Hey Guys I am buying paint for my second gen next weekend and I have decided on a silver and I need a paint code or to even find a silver close to this.
I know its a type of silver metallic but I haven't found any cars that even look close to this !

If you guys can steer me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated Thanks so much !

Old 04-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello , hey there are hundreds of silvers out there. Not seeing a close up it is hard to see what you want. The mixing machine has small, medium and large flake metallics. then there are bright and even pancake style flakes. The old 69code on 69 camaro's had a small flake, almost grey looking where as the newer galaxy silver on the newer cars has a bigger comb of flakes. You might just see a paint job and ask what the code is if it is a factory or not. Lot's of choices out there. Ron
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Found this color its called

Argento Nurburgring

I think its pretty close

Being a Ferrari color I'm sure its expensive =(

Old 04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Ron yea I understand there are hundreds of choices.

I was told the best thing to do is to ride around a car lot and find a color you like and find the paint code that way.

I really like that Ferrari silver and I have the paint code for that I just hope it wont be too expensive ! =(

I was also looking at house of kolor.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:32 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,695 Likes on 1,214 Posts

I looks like the same or similar shade of silver as my Nova:

The above color is called Cortez Silver (I tried to find a pic with similar lighting to your example above, this one is close but not the same as it's outdoors). I believe that Nevada Silver was also the same or very similar color. I don't have the mix codes for it though. This is a popular shade of silver on lots of late '60s/early '70s Chevelles/Camaros/Novas.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a lot of great pics of my car in the sunlight but here's a few. I had it repainted the original silver color with Chromabase. I can get the code if you like. It doesn't have flake in it but has quite a bit of pearl. You could see it in the sun if I was good enough at taking pictures lol.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Default help with silver

Hey again, if you have the code then you could call a paint place(we use sherwin williams now, used to use Sikkens) and have them look it up. Silver is silver no matter Kia or Ferrari, so unless it is all pearl like the monte guy has then it should be reasonable. Also a place called Alta paint has a chrome paint and all kinds of different effects if you want something diff. But like stated earlier there is small flake, more like a dull mirror or big flake almost like a bass boat, just your preference. House makes good paint, I'm sure you`ll do fine just get all the paint,clear etc from the same manufacturer, Good luck
Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

636r on new camaros-switchblade silver is nice and matches nice if something happens.

Quick Reply: Need help with sliver color ?!?!