Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Got my Carbon Fiber Berger Panel in today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Carbon Fiber Berger Panel in today...

And the quality isn't the best. The fit sucks, and the Finish is just as bad, it had scratches in it, paint chips from something in the hardened Resin, and the epoxy/resin was cloudy in a lot of places, the CAMARO fill in's are as deep as the stocker which is ok, but they are somewhat different shapes so I doubt that the fill ins will work. Anyways, also it doesn't fit near as good as the stocker, I had to drill out the holes that the bolts go through to bolt it in and it was a lot better but still didn't mount up good, so finally when I got it decent after a few hours of work, I went to put the taillglights back on and there is a big gap at the top of the right tailight from the taillight panel not sitting flush with the body. Its from chaser automotive, there is one on ebay.

I love the panel and love how it looks from what I have seen, I just hope they have some that fit better and are better quality, I am going to call tommorrow and talk to them about it and show the pictures and see what they say, it was an expensive piece and should be better fit,finsih, and quality, so I hope they can send me one thats better. Wait for updates soon!

Here are some pics...

And these are my other taillights, I bought some Exports for the C.F. Panel to compliment it but I don't want to put them on with it messed up.

Last edited by ItSStock00; 05-19-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Launching!

If I could just get the taillights to fit right then I wouldn't worry about it, well I prob. would still b/c of the sctraches that came on it in 1 4x4 area when I got it, and the areas where the epoxy and resin are showing real bad.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn that sucks, I watched that auction last week, looked like a nice piece, guess not, you ended up paying close to 300 for it right?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

let see some more shots far a way, and side on shot 3/4 off the rear.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Launching!

I will get some more pics of it tommorrow, so I can send them to chaser and to show y'all, by camera died on me, I had to keep taking the battery out and restarting it to get some quick pics of those.

I paid $365 shipped for it b/c I wanted to get it here today for a car show tomm, but looks like it won't work out now anyways...
Old 05-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Launching!

I want to hurry and get these on though with it...
TECH Apprentice

That is just disgusting. Get a refund and get a better place to do it.
Launching!

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
damn that sucks, I watched that auction last week, looked like a nice piece, guess not, you ended up paying close to 300 for it right?
its a nice piece, well has the chance to be. I guess thats why the ebay pics won't zoom too close. I love it, just wish it fit proper and was a little better finish.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
That is just disgusting. Get a refund and get a better place to do it.
I just want a good quality one that fits ok from them and I will be happy but if not then I hope its easy to get a refund. I like the piece just want it to fit proper.

And if I knew of another place I would be all over it, I know DG Motorsports or something like that used to have one, but I searched there site a few times and could never find it and saw this one so I got it.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Launching!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...spagenameZWDVW

Here is the ebay link.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Launching!

to fix ur camEra problems get rechargeable batterys..

it looks nice, could be a nice peice! deffinatly different
Old 05-19-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

I recently purchased another rear panel to do the berger mod and had it painted black. when i installed it with my new export tailights as well, the fitment was not as good as the stock lights and rear panel, but not much off. I guess b/c you are adding parts that did not come on that car from the factory and has not shaped itself to your car yet?.?.?....
Launching!

Originally Posted by WayFast84
to fix ur camEra problems get rechargeable batterys..

it looks nice, could be a nice peice! deffinatly different
it is a rechargable battery, its the battery pack one, I was taking pictures of a lot of things and it went dead and I wasn't at home, I have my car at a seperate garage to work on it and the charger was at home. But thanks for the tip

And yes, its a nice piece, well def. can be and if they can get the problems ironed out I would def. buy from the again and recommend others. They were a great company to deal with and I hate to see the product be like this, but hopefully things can get worked out b/c I Definately want the tail panel.
TECH Regular

Just so you know man, places like this that charge like $100 to ship USUALLY do that so when you want a refund they can be like "OK here is your money back, minus shipping." and they still make a lot of money.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by travisnd
I recently purchased another rear panel to do the berger mod and had it painted black. when i installed it with my new export tailights as well, the fitment was not as good as the stock lights and rear panel, but not much off. I guess b/c you are adding parts that did not come on that car from the factory and has not shaped itself to your car yet?.?.?....
Excellent point and your right, but those pics are with stockers from a 96, I tried my 2000's and it was the same way, but your the right the exports were worse, thats why I didn't take the pics with them b/c I wanted a accurate picture.

I had a set of exports on my 2002 before I sold them and it was the same, the fitment wasn't as good as the true stockers but not as bad, the fit in the holes for the taillights, but the panel is keeping the lights from moving up in the holes and being pushed all the way back into the panel to be tightened up if that makes sense.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by evilbadz
Just so you know man, places like this that charge like $100 to ship USUALLY do that so when you want a refund they can be like "OK here is your money back, minus shipping." and they still make a lot of money.
I called them up and ordered one for retail and paid $65 to ship it, b/c I didn't have to time to wait for the ebay auction to finish b/c I wanted it for a car show this weekend.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Their customer service was excellent and we talked a good amount of times through the phone and email, so don't think the company is bad, it may be a part that someone else makes and they carry it.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe just try the black panel look. I went with gloss black with export tailights and polished inserts on my 35th SS. The carbon fiber is nice if you like that style, but if the fitment is off that much, maybe its not worth it?.?.?.?......
Old 05-19-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

can we still get to see some teaser pix from far away.....maybe a export/CF shot???? eeeh eeeh eeeeeh?
Old 05-19-2006, 09:24 PM
NKAWTG...N

that sucks, I had my eye on that peice too. Looked really sweet and I have been pimping the CF look on my car as well. Hope you can get it figured out, just let them know that if they send you a replacement part with a better fit and finish I'll probably order one from them, as well a hole other slew of people on this board. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Got my Carbon Fiber Berger Panel in today...