Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Whiterhino is no more......

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whiterhino is no more......

I have not been on or posting for a good bit. Here's somehthing I've been working on.

before

This is what it is now, sitting in the garage. It's called Chestnut irid.

I'll get more pics up once it's more together. This is the first time I've ever painted. I think I found a new hobby!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is going to look awesome, can't wait to see it when its done! Nice job
Old 07-07-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

u said chestnut ivy an all i saw at first was white lol. was like uhhh....ok?

the brown is awesome dude.. i really like that! *definately* keep me updated on those pics.

i wish ls1tech.com culd be tivo'd - that way i can fast forward to the finished product already.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome I really like the color you painted the ceta goes great with it.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Damn!! White racing stripes down the nostrils or white blackbird stripes along the side of them + the white ceta insert would look so good! That color is smokin'. I'm gonna keep it simple and call it copper though 'cause that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw it.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks VERY nice!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, that's going to be sick when it's done. I want to repaint my car a pearlescant color soo bad. I love non factory colors.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

looks good. what's your new name gonna be?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys!

The first ta I rode in as a kid was dark brown mettallic w/the gold eagles and tan interior. I was around 6. I already had the interior and loved the brown. I just wanted a lighter shade. So I went with the Chestnut brown. Which is still a 70's color. The gray rear is actually a silver mettallic that matched the flakes in the brown. When the sun is on it, or certain shades of loght, it blends right into the brown.

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the hood. Probably Blackbird stripes with monikers in them It'll be the same gray/silver accent. I have the wihg underside in the gray/silver as well..

I through some of it together. So here's some updated pics. These will probably be the last untill it's complete and shining......lol

Old 07-08-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks real nice! I think a gloss black CETA would have looked way better though.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I notice you got alot of dynamat there... how does that change the noise in the car? (by this i mean, hows it sound, not how does it work haha)
Old 07-09-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thosewhohatedmecreat
I notice you got alot of dynamat there... how does that change the noise in the car? (by this i mean, hows it sound, not how does it work haha)
I think it's one of the best mods I did. As long as you don't care about the weight. I still have to do the rest of the floor and such, but it'll probably be a 100 plus pounds added to the car. The doors no longer rattle. With the windows up and cutout closed you can actually hear the radio. Check out the stereo forum or search dynamat or sound deadener on here. There's alot of guys that love the stuff. There's also many types of deadners. I'm just a big fan of dynamat. You can find it on the internet cheap as well if you look around.

Just wanted to add that I guess it gives the car a whole new interior. Pretty much all the plasticky cheapness rattles are gone. It was l like getting into a new car after I did it. I also had to redo all the settings on the stereo system in the car. It made that much difference.

Last edited by WhiteRhino; 07-09-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
I think it's one of the best mods I did. As long as you don't care about the weight. I still have to do the rest of the floor and such, but it'll probably be a 100 plus pounds added to the car. The doors no longer rattle. With the windows up and cutout closed you can actually hear the radio. Check out the stereo forum or search dynamat or sound deadener on here. There's alot of guys that love the stuff. There's also many types of deadners. I'm just a big fan of dynamat. You can find it on the internet cheap as well if you look around.

Just wanted to add that I guess it gives the car a whole new interior. Pretty much all the plasticky cheapness rattles are gone. It was l like getting into a new car after I did it. I also had to redo all the settings on the stereo system in the car. It made that much difference.
I need to do that!