Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How do you fix dents caused by hail damage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How do you fix dents caused by hail damage?

My 07' Lexus got some hail damage on the roof and was wondering how to fix this. Does anyone know how to smooth the dents out or do I have to take it to a body shop to get it fixed..
Old 10-03-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

I though of buying the pops a dent, but I heard that it sometimes pops the dent out. Does anyone know how to fix that when it happens???
Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to a bdy shop and get a quote for paintless dent repair, the guy at my shop does an awesome job, oh and check your insurance,if you have full coverage, they will pay for it
Old 10-03-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Insurance covered our minivan when it got beat up by hail.

We had it repaired - and they painted it 3 times (they managed to screw things up twice), and now the paint is cracked, peeling, and there are rust spots forming. Yee haw. The van is almost worthless at this point (>150k miles), so we're not messing with it any more. We should have sold the van right after getting it fixed.

Another vote for paintless dent repair by a pro.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

+1 for going to a body shop. If you go with paintless dent repair make sure that they do not drill any access holes. A lot of the paintless guys drill access holes for the rods to push the dent out. If it were me I would not have paintless repair done to my car. However I am biased do to the fact that I own a body shop. Either way you decide to go make sure that any work done has a lifetime warranty. Some paintless guys travel the country like gypsies chasing hail storms, and after the work is done they are never to be seen or heard from again. As with any industry there are good ones and bad ones the best bet is to ask around and go with the one you are most comfortable with. Also you own the car and no insurance company cant make you go to any one particular facility. Just my .02
Old 10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Restricted User

make your insurance PAY!
It's an act of God, you're not responsible.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

+1 on insurance... I saw a friends car after the hail damage was repaired.. all paintless except a small spot on the hood....
Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 AM
TECH Resident

The dents were'nt that bad and you really have to look hard to see them, so I'm hoping they don't have to drill.. It was parked on the driveway and the angle that the hail was falling seems to have missed the car directly. Most of the damage (eight dents) were on the roof and two small ones on the trunk. We'll see I hope everything comes out ok.

Quick Reply: How do you fix dents caused by hail damage?