Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

sometimes i hate repair shops (rant + i hope it can be fixed w/o more paint)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Default sometimes i hate repair shops (rant + i hope it can be fixed w/o more paint)

i'm a bit miffed right now because i just picked it up at a shop frpom getting the radiator changed...and there are 2 semi long scratches in the drivers side headlight door (almost as long as the door itself)

wouldn't be so bad if the ******* headlight door wasnt just painted 2 weeks ago

since the car is going back to the body shop because there is a part of the hood that was fixed before painting that didnt hold and theres now a paint bubble they are going to fix, i'm gonna see if they can just buff that headlight door or maybe i'll have to pay the $40 or so to get it repaitned again

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a bummer. They look like they should buff out though.
Old 03-26-2008 | 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

the shop damaged your paint make them pay to fix it.
Old 03-26-2008 | 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

That will buff with no problem. Thats why I do my own mechanical work. Most shops dont treat every car as if it was their own.
Old 03-26-2008 | 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

if u drag your finger nail across scratch and it catches
then it most likely wont come out
Old 03-26-2008 | 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TARaptor
the shop damaged your paint make them pay to fix it.

unfortunately i did not see it until after i left the shop.. and i'm sure i'll get the old "we didnt do it" bla bla bla... just like when a car wash damaged my car a few years back by most likely hitting a trailer hitch on a pickup truck, and then backing the car up enough so it wasnt touching but yet i couldnt walk around the front of it to inspect it and i missed the damage until i got to a car show some 10 miles away....

i thought "maybe" i did it by using my cali duster on the car, however.... there are no other scratches like that on the car, and the hood was closed when i used the cal duster and if it did scratch it you'd think there'd be a matching scratch on the hood. and there isnt.... which means the hood was open when the scratch occured...

according to the bill, the headlight cost $22 to repaint, so i guess at worst i'm out another $22... the car was already going back to the body shop anyway because the ram air hood had a spot that the shop repaired that cracked and caused the paint to bubble and will most likely peel.

Old 03-26-2008 | 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slammed1500
if u drag your finger nail across scratch and it catches
then it most likely wont come out
one of them i can't feel but the other one i think i can....
Old 04-02-2008 | 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by vetman1
That will buff with no problem. Thats why I do my own mechanical work. Most shops dont treat every car as if it was their own.
Sometimes they do treat em like theirs and thats another problem. I hardly see mechanics around here with a respectable car, atleast for a dd.
Old 04-02-2008 | 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

That sux! They are suppose to drape something over the car to avoid this from happening. Yet you are pretty much screwed since you didn't see it till you left the shop.
Old 04-02-2008 | 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

I hate taking my cars to mechanics they never come back to me in the same condition that I dropped them off in. They always pull the BS it was already like that excuse and its my word against theirs, and since I'm a young guy I never win. One time I took my Camaro to body shop to fix the roof paint problem that plagues hard tops. When I went to pick it up the bastard hard it looking 10x worse than it did originally. He broke the pain in the middle of the roof between the c-pillar leaving a horrible paint line and when I brought it up he tried this BS that it was a non-factory paint job and so on. He said that he would respray it but he still refused to break the pain at the base of the c-pillar, even though I was willing to pay for it. Finally I just said F**** it and drove off and said if you don't want to do it right then get a new profession. To all those in the Carteret County region of NC stay away from C&G Body Shop. Sorry I had to add my own rant.

Quick Reply: sometimes i hate repair shops (rant + i hope it can be fixed w/o more paint)