Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Baer Brake Calipers ect...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Baer Brake Calipers ect...

Category: Brakes
Price: $750
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette
Location (State): IN
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LT1/LT4
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

Baer Track calipers. These bad boys provide some serious stopping power. When I bought them, Baer told me that the next step up brakes would garuntee to stop a 3500 lb vehicle from 180 MPH to 80 MPH in under 3 seconds!

I have been able to outstop another F-body with Willwood 6 piston brakes with my Baer Track system. In fact it wasn't even close. We did a 100 MPH side by side and jumped on the brakes until complete stop. He ended up a good 75 feet or so in front of me. We tried some higher speed slow downs as well, and his 6 piston setup was starting to catch some serious brake fade while mine just kept smiling for more.

I can jump on my Baer track system at speeds well over 140 MPH and it will literally throw you forward until you can feel the seat belt digging into your shoulder with almost no fade whatsoever!

If you are like me, and can't stand the brake fade and the weak stopping power of the factory brakes, and you have modified your car to the point where it can attain triple digits quickly, then you know that having adequate braking power is paramount (especially at high speeds).

What all comes with the Baer Track calipers? I will sell the calipers, along with the mounting hardware on my 95 Camaro. My cryogenically treated cross drilled and slotted rotors are showing signs of wear (some stress cracks). If you want them, I will include them also. I also have almost new Hawk HP Plus pads that will be included. Those not familiar with them, they are the most agressive stopping pad Hawk offers. Speaking of pads, the Track system is also nice because they take the same size pads that are on a 95 Mustang Cobra, so when it comes time to replace them, they are not nearly as expensive as some of the other aftermarket brake systems on the market.

I paid $1500 for my Bear track kit with pads. I am considering selling the calipers, the pads, the mounting hardware, and will throw in the rotors for $750. Keep in mind I am gauging interest here. If people are interested in them, hit me up via PM.

NOTE:
You will need AT LEAST 17 inch wheels to run these. Some 17 inch wheels will not be large enough given the size of these Calipers. GM OEM 17" wheels have proven to work fine with little, but enough clearance. Some aftermarket 17's will be too small. If you have any type of 18 inch wheel, you will be fine.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

BTW, please don't low ball me. The performance level of LS1 brakes are no where near the level of these Baer brakes. So, if you are thinking they should cost the same, you are wrong. You cannot buy brakes that can stop you like these for that kind of money. These are for someone who needs/wants this level of stopping power, and knows that at $750, they are getting a very good deal.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont want to sound stupid here, but its just the front calipers correct?? not the rear?
Old 08-07-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Rear calipers (as in 20% of the stopping power of your car) were actually Alcon a.k.a. Baer brakes from the factory. Because the rears only provide a fraction of the stopping power, guys just upgrade the fronts.

So, "yes" these are the front calipers.

Theoretically I guess you could upgrade the rears. I have never seen or heard of anyone doing so past just the usual pads and rotors. I don't even know anyone who makes a kit that is actually an upgrade from your stock brakes in the rear.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Teching In

$700 shipped right now

I'm in the ARMY deployed to Afghanistan right now....but I need it shipped to 32826

PM me
Old 08-07-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry. Right now the price is $750 + shipping.

I am also in the military and I am currently TDY. I was more of gauging interest with the intent on selling than anything. Meaning, I will sell them, but I won't return from being TDY until the beggining of October, so thats the soonest I can sell everything.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Default Baer brakes

Did you seel these?

Also what wheels are those and what are they on.. They look killer

Robby
Old 11-12-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Josecristo had said he wanted them. We PM'd a bit, but in the end nothing happened. This was all a while ago.

Now, I have someone who made me promise I would go to him first when I was ready to sell (which I will be for sure come spring-time). If it ends up that I still don't have them sold after all that, I will post up here.

The wheels are discontined ROH Drift R's. They were a royal PITA to get, as I had to get 2 from Australia, then 2 from Canada (I bought when there were only a few left from here and there). Then, the finish on the 2 from Australia didn't match the finish on the 2 from Canada so I had to have 2 of them re-painted to match. Like I said, royal PITA, and expensive all said and done. BUT, I did end up with some wheels that now no one else can get, and I do agree they look killer.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Teching In

free bump ! nice set of brakes