Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Wtt: my black leather 6LE seats for stock camaro/trans am seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price: $1111
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

^thank you^ I dont even care about the seats anymore with this guy, I just want my trader rating fixed.. Ill buy a set of ebony seats local when I find a set so I can see them before I buy them.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hunter has no reason to fabricate a story about a set of seats. That is insane! Maybe the guy was under th assumption they were ebony, but these seats are lighter when laid next to the actual ebony interior. Even if he thought he had ebony that doesn't change the fact they are not. Not saying the guy did it on purpose, but it should be made right. Hunter is a stand up guy so questioning his integrity just makes no sense at all!
Old 02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Banned

I didn't rate him bad until I got online and saw this plethora of horrible **** being said about me. THAT is a shitty move. Like I said the last we spoke he was supposed to call me back and I didn't hear anything from him. Then I come online and see all this, and see a bad trader rating. That's pretty bogus if you ask me.

I said what I said in his trader rating because I don't know what else to make of this. Clearly he saw the seats before hand and was ok with them, and I'm telling you right now, those grey seats are NOT what I sent. Everyone can believe what they want. But I have absolutely no motive for doing something THAT stupid. And I'm STILL saying if he wants the seat spray like he said originally that I will help pay for it.

I don't know what else I can do. I know I didn't do anything wrong, and that's all I can stand by. I don't have any charcoal pieces from any cars, I have only ebony stuff, the stuff I bought with the seats I traded him. I have a repair receipt. I haven't owned multiple sets of seats or even own a TA for that matter. I got the full ebony interior to swap into my camaro and I've posted about it before. I never posted anything about grey seats and have never owned any.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
I didn't rate him bad until I got online and saw this plethora of horrible **** being said about me. THAT is a shitty move. Like I said the last we spoke he was supposed to call me back and I didn't hear anything from him. Then I come online and see all this, and see a bad trader rating. That's pretty bogus if you ask me.

I said what I said in his trader rating because I don't know what else to make of this. Clearly he saw the seats before hand and was ok with them, and I'm telling you right now, those grey seats are NOT what I sent. Everyone can believe what they want. But I have absolutely no motive for doing something THAT stupid. And I'm STILL saying if he wants the seat spray like he said originally that I will help pay for it.

I don't know what else I can do. I know I didn't do anything wrong, and that's all I can stand by. I don't have any charcoal pieces from any cars, I have only ebony stuff, the stuff I bought with the seats I traded him. I have a repair receipt. I haven't owned multiple sets of seats or even own a TA for that matter. I got the full ebony interior to swap into my camaro and I've posted about it before. I never posted anything about grey seats and have never owned any.
Until one side produces more evidence regarding the swap, it's difficult to determine what happened here. One guy goes through the hassle of dismantling his interior and packing up some leather seats, paying $200 to ship them and another $200 to get his 6LE seats in. That doesn't sound like a scammer to me.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

Just because you have a friend coming in the thread and backing you isn't relevant either! I could do the same thing with anyone who knows me or anyone I've sold/bought from in the past and they will all say I'm a stand up guy. Bottom line is there is just no reason I would send charcoal seats.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Turd Gen Guy

I paid shipping on the 6le seats to him.. He paid shipping on the trans am seats to me.. His shipping cost was 160.. My shipping cost was 180.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

And I'm STILL standing here saying - If you want to end all this fighting and finger pointing, I will buy you the GM Ebony leather/vinyl spray you wanted to do your seats with.

If I was scamming anyone A - I wouldn't have sent him anything, I would have kept his seats, and B- Why would I give out all my personal info, come on here to defend myself, AND offer to buy you the seat dye? We traded seats we didn't go through paypal or anything like that so if I was doing something shady I would tell you to go screw yourself and there would be nothing you could do about it, you aren't covered by anything. But I'm not and never have been.

Figure out what you want to do and stop adding fuel to the fire. You want some Ebony spray, I'll get it for you.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Turd Gen Guy

I do not want to rattle can the seats that,are going to stay in my car. Im either going to have the seats redone or I have pm'd 2 guys one being in orlando and one being in tennessee.. I do not want to have any more dealings with you dude.. You screwed me on the seats. period.. Like I said before if there are any mods on here interested id be glad to type word for word every text message I recieved from ballinonabudget and send whatever pics or info you need to *** my trader rating
Old 02-04-2012, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

How about both of you produce better pics of these seats.

-Buddy-
Old 02-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned

OK so what is the point of this then? You're basically coming on here trying to tell everyone what a bad guy I am and that I'm a scammer and all that, but I'm trying to offer to do something to help you, which you WANTED in the first place, and you won't let me do anything to fix it.

It's not "rattle can" stuff either FYI.. It's actually a kind of a trade secret my buddy let me in on. It's not a paint and it won't come off or feel like paint.

I need to fix YOUR trader rating? Your doing some really girly **** right now. When you are unhappy with a deal and someone is trying to fix it, it's called doing the right thing. You are being ridiculous and are publicly bashing me, not to mention MY negative feedback rating. I'm actually trying to do something about it.

So wtf do you want me to do? I'd like to help, but you won't let me. You want your negative trader feedback removed, and so do I. So what do you want?
Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Im gonna do what a guy mentioned earlier, ill go have the seats recovered in vinal and they will look brand new and I believe you should have to pay full price for them to be recovered. That is the only way I will remove the negative rating because they were suppost to be ebony in the first place. No idea why you said in mine that I was trying to scam you? You got the seats 2 weeks before I got mine AND they turned out to be charcoal grey
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Banned

You're being completely unreasonable and anyone who disagrees is insane. I shipped you ebony seats. I've offered to help in many ways but I'm not paying for you to get your seats recovered with brand new material. Those aren't my ebony seats and I'm done here.

You can stop harassing me on my home phone number now, and stop publicly bashing me. If you expected me to pay a **** load of money to get your seats upholstered you probably shouldn't have left me a negative feedback and started a huge flame thread about me before I even knew you had a problem.

People are crazy... this is amazing.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Banned

You can stop texting me at ungodly hours of the night/morning waking up my pregnant wife. Grow up. People who rip other people off don't give out their information and spend hundreds of dollars on shipping to send you a slightly incorrect color seat. Can't believe people are siding with this guy.

Stop disrupting my life and harassing me at home.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

I dont know who is right or wrong here but why would you offer to buy the ebony dye for him to perform on his charcoal seats if you supposedly sent him ebony seats? sounds like an admittance of guilt that you screwed him. the place that repaired the bolster could have been mistaken by the covering used being dark and called it ebony. i have had ebony and charcoal seated cars and even in your dark pic you took of them they look charcoal, not ebony.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Banned

Oh my god.. because obviously no matter what I say or what proof I have that I sent ebony seats, he is claiming what he has is charcoal. So if it's going to make him happy, I will buy the dye. What is so hard to grasp about that...

Are you saying I should not do anything and tell the guy to screw himself? Yeah because all you guys would love me then. I don't get this.. I offer to do what he asks and I get looked at in a worse way. So what am I supposed to do?

lmfao yeah.. the JET BLACK seats in the picture look charcoal right...? You're telling me the seats in my picture and the seats in his car look like the same seats? I don't think so.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

actually the correct thing to do would be trade back seats. and they hardly look "jet black" in your pic. poor lighting may have confused you but they look charcoal without a doubt.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Turd Gen Guy

^Thank you^ if I could get my negative rating taken off id just eat the cost of buying new seats and selling the charcoal grey seats he has sent me.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Turd Gen Guy

What mod would I go about asking? I pm'd a few and none replied
Old 02-04-2012, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am replying to this thread as per the request of Hunter. I purchased the 6 LE seats that Hunter traded to Ballingonabudget. Here is the thread--->https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...seats-2-a.html After going back and forth on a few PMs with Ballingonabudget we agreed on a price of $400 for the seats and seat belt straps and $125 to have them shipped to my house.

A few days after purchasing the the seats, Hunter sent a PM to me, asking me if I had bought the seats from Ballingonabudget. I replied back yes. The next PM I received from Hunter he stated that he still had not received his trans am seats and he didn't even have a tracking number on them. He also stated that he still had the seat belt straps in his possession and that Ballingonabudget did not have them. I became leery of Ballingonabudget at this time, because I paid him in full for the seats and the straps, as per the description in the ad above and he clearly didn't even have the straps in his possession.

In a PM about a week after I bought the seats and straps, Ballingonabudget told me the reason he didn't have the straps was that when Hunter first sent the seats to him he forgot to send the straps. Hunter indicated to me that he didn't want to ship the straps to Ballingonabudget after he sent the seats because he hadn't received his trans am seats or a tracking number on them almost 2 weeks after sending his 6LE seats to Ballingonabudget. I can fully understand why hunter chose not to send them to him.

A few days later, Hunter sent me a PM stating that he had received a PM from Ballingonabudget with tracking numbers for his seats. He also told me in that PM that he would ship the straps to me directly, which I received two days later. At the time I got the straps, I still had no tracking numbers on my seats. Here is a photo of the straps and envelop that Hunter sent to me.

When I inquired about a tracking update on my seats, Ballingonabudget indicated that he still had not shipped them out due to having a lot to do with work and having issues with a starter on his daily driver. So, I waited several more days without hearing anything. 7 days after I purchased the seats from Ballingonabudget, I sent another PM to him inquiring about shipping. The reply back I got was rude and that I was unreasonable because I was wanting the seats shipped out when he had so much going on. I was told at that time to be patient. Ballingonabudget also also told me, "I guess I could cancel all my work stuff, and haul 2 6 foot tall 40 lb boxes to Fedex on the bus, or better yet, my magic carpet?" I don't know about anyone else, but $525 is alot of money to me, and when I pay for something, I expect it to be shipped in a timely manner. I certainly don't appreciate the sarcasm. If you have so much going on, why list something for sale at that time? You know your going to have to ship it. Wait until you have time to handle it before you list it.

I replied back then requesting a refund, explaining to the Ballingonabudget that the most basic principle between a buyer and a seller was violated. The seller sold me something that he didn't have in his possession at the time of the sale/ad listing. He acted like not having the straps wasn't a big deal, and that he wasn't going to refund me because I was upset about a misunderstanding on shipping. If you list something for sale and and don't have it, that is wrong in my book. I was told by Ballingonabudget that he was supposed to have the straps a day after he sold the seats to me. Would it have been a big deal to wait and post the for sale ad when you had everything in your possession? How hard would it have been to have communicated this to me at the time of sale?

So, I didn't get a refund. He told me that he was going to make an effort to meet up with a friend to drop my seats off to a fed-ex location on Sunday 1/29 or monday, 1/30. Tuesday, 1/31, I send a PM asking where the tracking numbers are. Wednesday I get a reply back saying that they were shipped. In that PM, Ballingonabudget actually requested for me to send him more money for shipping???? Seriously??? We agree on a price, then my stuff isn't shipped out until 10 days after I originally paid for it and you want me to give you more money??? I never replied to this PM because I couldn't believe what I was reading. I finally received my seats on Friday, and they matched the photos in the ad.

For the moderators that are following this thread, maybe this will help. I believe that Hunter is a standup guy and I hate to see this happen to him. He has no reason to lie. He was up front with me. He told me he would ship the straps to me, and he did, in a timely manner. I didn't even know the guy before this mess came about with the seats.

Last edited by 67SS&99SS; 02-05-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Banned

I'm just surprised no one has mentioned they are not Trans-Am seats. Trans Am seats have different stitching, plastic, pump for lumbar etc... These are Firebird seats.

For what it is worth, YES, this looks ebony...

and YES this does not look ebony...

Here's a way to tell for sure though... Got the seatbelt guides? They have a part number, one is ebony one isn't...

The weird thing is, they don't look ebony on the in the car pic yet the handle to tilt does look ebony...

I agree, a better pic from either party would clear both up...

I'm inclined to believe the seats shipped are the same seats received (since they are both the odd, less popular Firebird seats in leather) but one camera could be dark and one too much flash (the too much flash part makes one piece look way different than another).

Again, a day light pic or even just looking the seat over for a build year is a simple solution...