Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I asking too much of my tuner????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Radcannon
Actually alot of the info is right, I realized there were some mistakes like I said and then went back and corrected. And actually I am a Mechanical Engineer, automotive and controls specialty. I do calibration on production vehicles but I am sure I don't know ****, educations are worthless along with degrees I guess. Damn should have been an independent high school educated tuner.
It might be correct now that you've went and done some research and came back and corrected all your BS.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha damn you got me. Have good luck with your shop. And try to treat ppl better you never know who you are talking too or what kind of business you lost.

Also please post correct dyno numbers. I know some people that do the designing on some of the stuff you are tuning and it makes those people who do all that engineering work look pretty bad when you claim you make a 100 more whp out of a cam and headers on an LS3. You have no idea how much work goes into that and that is an awesome engine but me and them are probably wrong according to you.

Last edited by Radcannon; 08-10-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually alot of the info is right, I realized there were some mistakes like I said and then went back and corrected. And actually I am a Mechanical Engineer, automotive and controls specialty. I do calibration on production vehicles but I am sure I don't know ****, educations are worthless along with degrees I guess. Damn should have been an independent high school educated tuner.

And don't get me wrong I am not saying all tuners. I am just saying ed. He seems to be all knowing and quick to attack other ppl he doesn't see eye to eye with, but I can tell you I think i understand PCM and logic. And Ed if you have issues with my posts why don't u just quote them and tell everyone how stupid I must be by correcting them for me. Since I obviously must not understand.
Let me guess, after you got thrown under the bus for being wrong, you spent hours finding out why you were wrong and went back and edited your posts to make you seem right? You're an idiot.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Launching!

Actually that was a long time ago but your right. After spending 40-50 hours a week on work and then getting my car finished for woodward and moving one of my friends out. I just came home and spent hours correcting my posts.

Camarod you are so cool. You can read and post and purchase ebay car parts. And try and make other ppl look bad because you think ed's the hottest thing since sliced bread. Get a life. I am done with this thread. Good luck with SD tune on that car. I am sure after 15 hours of tuning it will work out. I am sure if you run it 15 to 1 AFR you will pick up some power lol
Old 08-10-2009, 07:43 AM
11 Second Club

Actually that was a long time ago but your right. After spending 40-50 hours a week on work and then getting my car finished for woodward and moving one of my friends out. I just came home and spent hours correcting my posts.

Camarod you are so cool. You can read and post and purchase ebay car parts. And try and make other ppl look bad because you think ed's the hottest thing since sliced bread. Get a life. I am done with this thread. Good luck with SD tune on that car. I am sure after 15 hours of tuning it will work out. I am sure if you run it 15 to 1 AFR you will pick up some power lol
You would think for a Mechanical Engineer you would be able to use a little better sentence structure. You are a tool at best.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only say one thing about this post if you want it done right then you should look into doing it yourself if you already have the software. It will take time and effort but you may find that tuning is not as hard as it is touted to be. Do your research and start by doing one change at a time. Before long you will be where you need to be. Coming from the SD world I am a bit concerned when guys start removing the MAF completely and go SD only. The MAF is a very accurate flow meter. While it has problems in transition it still should be used. There are tuners that can get a car to run very well but it does not mean that they are doing it properly and you may never know the difference. If you want to tie the engineering behind the programming I cannot think of a better place than redhard supra's site (Marcin).

http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Default ED of VIRGINIA SPEED ROCKS!

UPDATE - Besides the cost of tuning the car, we spent 28 hours driving to and from Virginia to drop off and pick up my Corvette in addition to $800 or so in fuel, tolls, lodging and meals and it was worth every cent....

A quick recap of my journey of tunes…I've had this car tuned by four different tuners in the North East (I will not mention any names, but I'm sure you all would know a few) and haven’t been happy with any of the tunes. I am a bit of a perfectionist so the tuners definitely had their hands full, but none came close to delivering an acceptable tune… I have to say that “ED of VIRGINIA SPEED IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!” Ed was the only tuner that was able to tame this car and make it a true pleasure to drive on the street! I used to have to “work” at driving the car on the street, now it’s effortless…. I used to expect it to do “weird” things like cough and hiccup and stall at inopportune times now it just doesn’t do that! Now the throttled response is noticeably more crisp and clean. The idle always falls right to the commanded 950 rpm’s, where it used to surge and hunt for idle all the time… I’m not saying that it’s absolutely “new car” perfect, but I do believe in my heart that it’s as close as it can be…

Ed went so far over and above what anyone would be expected to do… My good friend Mark and I dropped off the car the previous week so he could work out all the little bugs, then came back so we could be with him while we tuned it for nitrous. At the start of our nitrous tune he discovered some mechanical and electrical issues so out came the tools… He dug into the issues with a vengeance… I think he actually thrives on figuring out complicated issues. The man wouldn’t give up until he had it figured out… I truly believe that if it was any other shop we would have been going home without the car finished because we needed to get back to NJ the next day. Ed stayed till 2 am to get this thing nailed down for us… When he was finished he said “now I’ll be able to sleep tonight”, meaning that if it wasn’t right he’d be up thinking about it… That attitude and mentality is priceless… Everyone of the employees (and the owner) was an absolute pleasure to deal with and supported us in every way… I’m a business owner with several employees so I really appreciate when I see employees treat customers the “right way”… The owner even spent a half hour out of his day to show Mark and I around with a tour of his engine building facility, R & D areas, and three different dyno areas… These guys are so technically ahead of any shop we have ever seen or heard of, it’s unreal…

Anyhow… Here’s Ed’s dyno results…

522 rwhp and 469 rwtq... N/A

762 rwhp 701 rwtq… N20, with another 150 to go on our direct port system…

In a nut shell, I have worked very hard to find a tuner/shop that could make my picky *** happy and I finally did… If any of you guys out there are looking for the best of the best then you need to pick up the phone and call Ed over at Virginia Speed… Trust me when I tell you – you will be ecstatic that you did… I don’t care how far away they are from you geographically, the bottom line is if you want the best then get on the road and start driving… Period!

THANK YOU ED AND THE ENTIRE TEAM AT VIRGINIA SPEED… YOU GUYS REALLY ARE GREAT!!!

Kindest Regards,
Kyle M. Surgent

P.S. Talk about going out of his way... This morning I told Ed about a small cold start up cough... He logged into my laptop in my car and he took control of my pc and dialed in the tune over the internet... He made it perfect... He's awesome...

P.S.S. Ed working his magic...

Ps.S.S.S What Ed was working on...

Last edited by stonabones; 08-19-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: forgot something...
Old 08-18-2009, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

^^Told you so
Old 08-18-2009, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
^^Told you so
You werent kidding...
Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Excellent, that's great news. You should make a post in the sponsor feedback section and link this thread so others can see it.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

Thanks for the kind words. Don't know what else to say besides that. It was fun hangin out wit youse guys!!

BTW, that's one goofy lookin dude in the car!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

nice. Glad to see that after all the BS, you finally got the results you wanted.
By the way, your car looks beautiful. Where did you get that cage and get it installed? it looks great!

Ed,
What kind of work does your shop do? Do you guys install superchargers, cams, clutches, etc? or are u strictly an engine building and tuning shop?
Old 08-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Johny GTO

Ed,
What kind of work does your shop do? Do you guys install superchargers, cams, clutches, etc? or are u strictly an engine building and tuning shop?
We do all of the above.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm glad we have educated sponsors to keep information straight. Some people just have to try to prove something, even at the expense of giving others wrong information.

Radcannon gets asspwnt every time he tries to pretend to know something. He'll claim to be an engineer to get street cred and then he'll claim to be a HS student as an excuse. he'll claim to have graduated college at 19-21 years old sometimes, and he'll claim to have tons of experience with cam design and tuning and that you can't get more than 14hp out of a cam swap because GM engineers > all.

Here's a GREAT read if you want to laugh at him and his misinformation, it touches on most of that, and even how fluid dynamics shows that it's impossible to gain power from 1 7/8 headers:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...d-opinion.html

and in another thread he says this:

But until you have a f***ing mechanical engineering degree, graduated with honors, get a paid to go to the 2nd best engineering school, graduated before you were 21 and work for a major auto manufacturer. Shut up and get a life.
And then turns around and says this:
BTW i hope you feel bad *** because I am actually 19 and a senior in college. Haha i hope that pumps up your esteem by acting like your the **** and stalking a 19 year old on the internet but hey maybe thats what i have to look forward to when i get older.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Banned

Don't know how I missed that one^^^^ I even posted in it, before he went on his tirade.

Anyways, he's what's wrong with the internet.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 PM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Come on, Virginia speed does not know alot about tuning and building LS1s...they are still the _____ ____. I've dealt with them so I know.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

redcannon, be quiet. you cant even keep nomenclature straight, yet alone concepts behind them. i know better, so reading your posts is giving me a headache, but the poor newbs might mistake your drivel seriously, so for the sake of keeping a decent signal to noise ratio, moderators should nuke this thread altogether.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
I'm glad we have educated sponsors to keep information straight. Some people just have to try to prove something, even at the expense of giving others wrong information.

Radcannon gets asspwnt every time he tries to pretend to know something. He'll claim to be an engineer to get street cred and then he'll claim to be a HS student as an excuse. he'll claim to have graduated college at 19-21 years old sometimes, and he'll claim to have tons of experience with cam design and tuning and that you can't get more than 14hp out of a cam swap because GM engineers > all.

Here's a GREAT read if you want to laugh at him and his misinformation, it touches on most of that, and even how fluid dynamics shows that it's impossible to gain power from 1 7/8 headers:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...d-opinion.html

and in another thread he says this:

And then turns around and says this:

Something is true though, his parents overpaid for his edumacation.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

he has no formal education. magazine racer is strong in this one
Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 AM
7 Second Club

Received 302 Likes on 202 Posts

This thread is ridiculous on so many levels it makes my head hurt.

Quick Reply: Am I asking too much of my tuner????