Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I asking too much of my tuner????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
built and tuned only diesel axial vector engine in the world-makes 1800ft lbs and 1200rpm
Engineerin boy probably doesn't even know what one is.....

Last edited by edcmat-l1; 09-28-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ow...my head hurts

Sounds like someone learned all about the Otto Cycle in their junior year of mechanical engineering classwork and is trying to spew all of his book knowledge at everyone...I can't help but wonder if they've ever turned a wrench

BTW...you aren't an engineer until you get that piece of paper that says so...

Last edited by Fireball; 09-08-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I had a really good laugh getting caught up on the rest of the thread, it appears the original post has been answered and addressed. Let's try and keep it on the original topic at hand.

Radcannon please start a new thread if you want to discuss tuning knowledge, with facts and proof, further. This thread isn't the place for it and I am sure Shawn and Ed would be glad to dicuss it more.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

epic thread

AS far as RaDCaNNoN I want to get an ls3 vette, slap on headers and a cam, tune it, then print 50,000 of my 100 plus HP gain dyno sheets, pile them in his parents yard, and have as bonfire while I do burnouts in front of the house

he sounds like another one that goes to school and thinks he knows everything about everything. Fact is, we dont care what you know or think you know.

Heck NO one on here knows everything, but we know a little, and if you add us together we know a lot. I've been tuning on lsx cars for about 3 years, and I don't know half of a lot of people, but I have real world experience. I'm pretty confident and work hard to make the customer happy, but I don't get on here and tell everyone how bad *** I am and that they don't know jack.

Glad the OP finally got what he needed, sometimes it takes several opinions and different people! I was sure that someone could help out, theres enough people on here that know what they are doing or know how to find out

Last edited by ZTwentyAteU; 09-08-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Just another quick "Thanks" to Ed of Virginia Speed... He was up (NJ) this weekend to help tune a few friends Cars and also to help get us down the racetrack for the first time on this setup... We ended up with a 9.68@144 with our full weight 6 speed Corvette... Thanks for helping us make that happen safely Ed...

Last edited by stonabones; 09-27-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: sp
Old 09-28-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

To the OP, congrats on a successful tune. Its pretty obvious who knows what they are talking about here. Ed, this boy's ignorance doesn't even deserve a response...........unless it amuses you.

I'm going to paint a picture of this kid for you.............Judging from what I've read by this guy he's 16-18 years old. He probably gets decent grades in school because he can regurgitate whatever the teacher says. He's severely brainwashed and has watched one too many science specials on cable. He comes from well-off parents who severely neglect him but will pay for him to go to college. He's a spoiled brat who has no friends except for the ones on youtube. Hence, he spends his time trolling message boards trying to prove he knows a thing or two. He's read every magazine article ever printed but never turned a wrench in his life. He's wrong, inconsistent and just plain ignorant. He's mad at us "uneducated" grease monkeys for not being his friends, probably because we can smell the BS and he's a cocky arrogant punk who can't decipher between fact and fiction so he and seeks his revenge.

FYI, those electric superchargers don't work...I KNOW I KNOW, it works out on paper when you take the integral of the maf curve from 0 to saturated but trust me they don't work.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JDMC5
To the OP, congrats on a successful tune. Its pretty obvious who knows what they are talking about here. Ed, this boy's ignorance doesn't even deserve a response...........unless it amuses you.
That it does JD, that it does.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stonabones
Just another quick "Thanks" to Ed of Virginia Speed... He was up (NJ) this weekend to help tune a few friends Cars and also to help get us down the racetrack for the first time on this setup... We ended up with a 9.68@144 with our full weight 6 speed Corvette... Thanks for helping us make that happen safely Ed...
Had a great time wit youse guys. Glad I could be a part of it. See ya in Nov at the smackdown. We'll shoot for the "real" number.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Had a great time wit youse guys. Glad I could be a part of it. See ya in Nov at the smackdown. We'll shoot for the "real" number.
You know it brother... Looking forward to seeing you at MIR...
Old 09-29-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats Kyle! Fun to read up on you and Rob kicking *** up there.

Are you coming to the smackdown? Don't have your name on the list. I'll probably start a new thread soon to get final commitments.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by clemsondave
Congrats Kyle! Fun to read up on you and Rob kicking *** up there.

Are you coming to the smackdown? Don't have your name on the list. I'll probably start a new thread soon to get final commitments.
Thanks... Rob and I are having fun... Please put my name on the list. I'm coming down with Rob... Gonna be a good time...
Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
You dont seem too far from us. Ill make you a deal. Leave it with us for 2 days and if it doesnt drive perfect you dont have to pay me for the tune. We have not come across a car yet that the customer hasnt been happy with the tune.
Id Give Fran a shot. You cant beat that deal. He is doing my Cam, Trans, and Clutch, and Tune. Home of the Fastest Z06, and many others
Old 09-29-2009, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Braciole
Id Give Fran a shot. You cant beat that deal. He is doing my Cam, Trans, and Clutch, and Tune. Home of the Fastest Z06, and many others

...and I'd read the whole thread before I posted. Though no doubt Fran could have helped, it's been long done and track results even up... Ed took good care of him.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

ahh, what a great thread. It's about time a true genuis, a genuine "mind of the times" like Radcannon came in here and taught all you phonies the way things REALLY work. I mean damn, all you jokers talking about what you have done to this car and that motor like it is the best because it works in the "real world" as you call it, when as Radcannon's textbooks and notes clearly show there are better ways to do things.

You are all in big trouble when Radcanon, the Living Legend, graduates and comes busting out of his mom's basement onto the tuning scene. Ya'llare gonna be lining up to kiss his cracker jack box pinky ring, and bow down to his "Engineering for complete and utter retards" book.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

I read most of this thread and my head hurts.

I'm an *actual* mechanical engineer and I work at NASA in Maryland. I do structural analysis of space flight hardware. I know absolutely ZERO about tuning cars, but can I throw some equations around to impress everyone just the same?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rickenbackerman
I read most of this thread and my head hurts.

I'm an *actual* mechanical engineer and I work at NASA in Maryland. I do structural analysis of space flight hardware. I know absolutely ZERO about tuning cars, but can I throw some equations around to impress everyone just the same?
Yeah, well if you were really smart....you woulda just let it go, man.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Braciole
I'm sure Fran would have done a great job with the car... We did, however, take the car to Ed at Virginia Speed and really cant imagine anyone else putting their heart into it like Ed did... He stayed with us one night till like 1 or 2 AM to make sure we could get er done so we could head back to NJ... Then he actually flew up from VA last week and helps us get the car dialed in for our first track visit on 9-25-09. We went a best of 9.68 @ 144 and would have gone faster if we had some more time... Thanks again Ed, you Rock!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
Yeah, well if you were really smart....you woulda just let it go, man.
Who said I was smart?

Quick Reply: Am I asking too much of my tuner????