PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help asap with dyno run results!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help asap with dyno run results!

I just did a 98ls swap in my 95, with the only real hp upgrades being headers and ls6 intake. I do have all the normal reliability mods(oilpump, valvetrane, and all of the smog is turned off. Oh and im pretty sure it has an aftermarket MAF becuase the GM mark has been melted off.

The motor idles good, has 58/60psi all the way to WOT, and has only 1 code(452 EVAP low voltage)

Heres my dyno sheet

Any help would be great guys, I leave for my national race in 3days!

Thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Clearly some type of fueling issue if that AFR reading is correct, have a log or anything? I guess first things would be...

Has fuel pressure been verified? What pump do you have? What injectors? Are they sized properly in PCM? How is the car tuned (what mode is it in?)

Any chance of a really bad vacuum leak?

Last edited by SSP Racing; 09-05-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawkclone

Any help would be great guys, I leave for my national race in 3days!

Thanks

It seems pretty silly to try and race it before it's ready...

You need to get it tuned. Your AFR is dead lean; it's not even like there is a mystery as to why it made what it did. That is why. You can try another MAF too, but it definitely needs to be addressed one way or another.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSP Racing
Clearly some type of fueling issue if that AFR reading is correct, have a log or anything? I guess first things would be...

Has fuel pressure been verified? What pump do you have? What injectors? Are they sized properly in PCM? How is the car tuned (what mode is it in?)

Any chance of a really bad vacuum leak?
No i don't have a log, and no access to a wideband. But i am working on it!

Fuel psi was taken right off the fuel rail, and it has the stock pump and injectors. A well known tuner did the tune, so im hoping it is correct.

I checked for a vac leak yesterday, but i will do everything again today. The only thing that im concernd about is the EVAP soleniod is still hooked up to the intake, but no elec connection to it. Im running a Techrod harness.

I borrowed EFIlive from a friend, so i'll get that going today along with a half dozen other little things. I'm off to triple check everything.......

It's has to be right before i go and waste all the time and money and the safety of my follow racers.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

If that AFR that was captured in your dyno run is correct your going to be buying a motor soon...its literally FUBAR'ED! Get a copy of the tune/log up here asap! AND please don't go to any track at this power level. Likely to be Ford Mustang dessert!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

log the injector duty cycle. something isn't working correctly with it going that lean. How old is that fuel pump? Don't run that motor like that...I'm surprised it lasted as is
Old 09-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Well i changed out the ALT, the old one was bad. The 98 needs a 500ohm resistor to work right, or it burns its self out. I also installed new 02's just because, and than rechecked for a VAC leak. I can't find anything to make it run this bad, or any sign of it running bad!

I have EFIlive going, but i can't make it work. So I had a friend come over who knows a little more than me, and we read the PCM. Well from what little he knows, it doesn't look like a whole lot of changes were made at all. But we can't get it to log the PCM!

I have a local tuner thats going to meet me tomorrow.....
Old 09-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Are you still running the LT fuel pump?
Old 09-05-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what pump are you running and what problems are you having with it connecting to the pcm?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Eddie 70
Are you still running the LT fuel pump?
Originally Posted by stevied916
what pump are you running and what problems are you having with it connecting to the pcm?
Its the LS pump from the doner car. Could it be kicking out the psi, but not the volume?

Can an aftermarket MAF do this?

I don't have clue what im doing, is the problem. Its asking me for a VIN, but i don't have a vin. I thought i read on EFI's site that it reads the PCM and not really the VIN.

Thanks guys

John
Old 09-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Look here for info on vin input

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....&highlight=vin

Brad
Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Are ALL the injectors working? Recently worked on an LT1 with similar issues, found out two of the injectors weren't working, (wiring harness). Quick way to check, with the engine running, touch each injector, you should be able to 'feel' it working/clicking.