Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my tune has gone to shit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my tune has gone to ****

my car was tuned in texas around last july. i have since then drove the car up to Washington st. due my being stationed here. the car sat for about two weeks while i was gone due to training. when i cam back the check engine light was on and throwing four codes.

engine coolant temp sensor
o2 sensor x2
throttle respnose sensor?
mass air flow sensor

but the thing is the o2 sensors have been tuned out and it seems like the car has reverted back to a speed density tune or at least i think thats what you call it. i have tried to simply reset the codes thinking maybe the car would revert but that failed miserably. now im lookin for some solutions. should i go ahead and just replace said problem or does this sound like its something other than just wear and tear? any help greatly appreciated.

thanks dustin
Old 01-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Is the engine sens fuse blown? If so, I would look for a burnt wire on the passenger side-prolly laying up against a header tube.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

X2 nothing wrong with the tune. Assuming it was good prior. You have a problem with the car.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You beat me to that one, tunes do not change or revert back or anything else, the car is having issues. If it has been damp, check the connectors and grounds to make sure there is no corrosion build up.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

started checking wiring and found a botched wire runnening to the etc. fixed that issue cleared codes. worked fine let the car sit about 2hrs or so and now the code is back on but only for MAF. so does that mean that its just bad or still look for more wiring issues?
Old 01-31-2010, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe get some MAF cleaner and some dielectric grease at the auto parts store. Clean the MAF and put the dielectric grease on all of the connectors.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Launching!

TUNES CANNOT DEGRADE!!! your vehicle can though...
Old 01-31-2010, 09:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those codes get thrown when the engine sensor fuse blows.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Those codes get thrown when the engine sensor fuse blows.
What if that fuse is not blown? My car was throwing those codes and the fuse was fine. Would throwing those codes give the car issues with starting when it's warm? When my car is cold it will fire right up and idle normal. When it's warm it wont idle for anything after starting it and sometimes idles really high when it does catch on. After it settles in it is usually ok.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
What if that fuse is not blown? My car was throwing those codes and the fuse was fine. Would throwing those codes give the car issues with starting when it's warm? When my car is cold it will fire right up and idle normal. When it's warm it wont idle for anything after starting it and sometimes idles really high when it does catch on. After it settles in it is usually ok.
Assuming you have no mechanical issues sounds like the tune may need to be adjusted for warm starts. Is it stock or modified?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Assuming you have no mechanical issues sounds like the tune may need to be adjusted for warm starts. Is it stock or modified?
It's cam only right now with the basic bolt ons. I am swapping heads this spring so the tune will have to get freshened up anyway. When I had it tuned though, the SES light was off for a few hours after then it came back on throwing the aforementioned codes. It's a pain in the *** trying to get it to start and idle on it's own when it's warm though. Thanks for the help though!