PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners....LS1Edit competition....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like a copy of the LS1edit GUI which I consider a poor (looks like ***) design

Any plans to freshen up the GUI design? What was this product coded in? Need help with a GUI let me know.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by frnknjp
How well would this work for someone with little or no experience with this sort of thing. Are there Standard upgrade settings or does someone have to figure it all out for themselves?

Thanks,

Dave
What he said.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I replied to the e-mails that I recieved. Thanks.

Our product gives you the ability to edit your PCM and tune your vehicle. You do need basic tuning knowledge. We have not incorporated any basic question/answer interfaces that do auto-tune for your first time tuners.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I expect that once the early-adopters start
getting to use the product you will have the
resources you need, on these 'boards. Not
like anybody reads the manuals anyway
Old 02-23-2004, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
I expect that once the early-adopters start
getting to use the product you will have the
resources you need, on these 'boards. Not
like anybody reads the manuals anyway
It is nice to be able to look stuff up in a manual while you are tuning and not able to get to the internet though.

I'm guessing 'you need basic konwledge' means you need to know what tables do what already.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALL this talk is nice to hear. Problem is the product keeps getting pushed farther and farther behind schedule. Makes you wonder if the hype is real or not. I guess I am going to just buy EFILive to go with my LS1Edit. Something can be said for keeping a timeline. Sorry HPTuners, I have waited for too long.

Will admit this, I wish this product would have came out on time. I would buy it right now if it was for real. And if it is for real, it is a shame no one from Carputing has said anything here with all the put downs going on. Goes to show they have no interest in suport or staying in buisness.

I do not mean to dought you Magnus. Just seems to me that after 8 pages of posts and All the time that has past since you first answered the origianl post, you could see the importance of keeping the timeline ya'lls web sight posted. I understand that things happen and things get pushed back, but like EFILive stated on their post, Sometimes its best to keep the toung bit until you know for a fact when you will deliver.

I hope this product is real, God knows Carputing needs a good kick in the rump. Sorry I can not wait any longer. Good luck guys.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No offense taken at all.

Our product is still on the same ship schedual. We just really aren't fond of pre-orders. Sorry.

Today I was playing with the updated scan tool software.. man what a treat. We got some really cool features (at least I think they are cool, which is why I coded them) that I don't believe the competition has.

Good luck with EFI Live. It's a very good proven product.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill be waiting for sure. Your product sounds awsome and I cant wait to pick one up. Feel free to keep improving it
Old 02-23-2004, 09:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just to give you guys who are considering HP Tuners as a standalone product vs other products..

We primarily had intensed to only supply a basic scan tool.. but as competition grows, so does the need for our product to grow as well so I have been doing a bit of tweaking..

Logging 13-24 bytes worth of PID's (some pids are 1 byte of data, some are 2)... you can log 10 frames per second.
Logging 7-12 bytes worth of PID's .... 20 frames per second..

And for those of you who just want as much data as possible for a few amount of PID's, 1-6 bytes of data can return 40 frames per second.

the 40 frames per second is nice when you want to watch flash speed or shift points very accurately.

I hope this info helps.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:40 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

already have efi v6, i just want the vcm tuner , and 98 at that . i'll wait though
Old 02-24-2004, 07:03 AM
TECH Resident

Through all this Ive lost track, but when is the scheduled ship week?
Old 02-24-2004, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

yeah what is the scheduled date, so you guys can't push it back anymore

seriously. bumpage waiting.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sorry for the delay guys, we are not happy about it either... It is something beyond our control. The production process is still not completed.. It looks to be done any day though.. For those of you looking for up to date info the moment it comes out you need to stay tuned to the HP Tuners forum. That is where I will be posting day 0 when we open up the orders page.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

Will this tool essentially eliminate the need for autotap/efilive? Too bad I dont have a laptop.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I think that because I belive I was a bit rude earlier, and the fact I apreciate the respons to my rude coment, I think I am going to hold off for a little longer and pray that this product does come out soon. It just sounds so wonderfull, and if your customer support is at all like the way you handle me, I know I would love the product. So please forgive me for being a bit JUDGEMENTAL, and I can nopt wait for the product to hit the market. I would like to say in my stupid defence, I have been know to be dupt into waiting for other produces that still have not come to pass. SO I am sorry if I missplaced you and your product with those other guys.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Magnus
Sorry for the delay guys, we are not happy about it either... It is something beyond our control. The production process is still not completed.. It looks to be done any day though.. For those of you looking for up to date info the moment it comes out you need to stay tuned to the HP Tuners forum. That is where I will be posting day 0 when we open up the orders page.
Sounds good...I go everyday and check my version and try to buy hoping that it will work

Thanks very much Magnus for your frequent appearances, postings, and updates. You have no idea how much it means for a vendor to do this for potential customers. It truly shows a desire to stand above the others and please your (future) customers.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

just in time, I am buying a laptop next week and was gonna break down and get ls1 edit but now that I see this I think I will sell my autotap and get HP tuners.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Restricted User

Not sure but, looking at the screenshots for timing and fuel it almost looks like the scanner plots out the graph of your timing and fuel etc as FAST does. I helped a fiend using his FAST and was intrigued by how easy it was for him to Identify exactly where to change timing. The graph shows the area of the timing table used during a playback. Will this software do this? I sure do hope so. I use Edit now, but will abandon it without regret.

Charlie
Old 02-26-2004, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

interested in scanner graphical output as well.