PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Tuner In Richmond Va. For Gen 1 Chev. With Twin Turbos And Holley Stealth Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Tuner In Richmond Va. For Gen 1 Chev. With Twin Turbos And Holley Stealth Ram?

Looking for best tuner in the Richmond area for tune on 66 Twin Turbo Chevelle with Holley Stealth Ram. Have first gen. FAST box (DOS). Some feedback has been favorable for the old FAST box and some not. Not sure what to do. Want to do it right but don't want to throw away $$$.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would get in touch with Steve (Frost) and see what he says.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DynoDR
I would get in touch with Steve (Frost) and see what he says.
He'll probably say he doesn't wanna touch the thing. The old DOS versions are a real PITA.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Teching In

If he says yes or no would you be interested. What would you suggest for engine management. Which one do you have the best luck with. This car will be street driven and is pro-touring and not a drag car. It is set up for handling and stopping. I live in Mechanicsville, Va.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bow Tie G
If he says yes or no would you be interested. What would you suggest for engine management. Which one do you have the best luck with. This car will be street driven and is pro-touring and not a drag car. It is set up for handling and stopping. I live in Mechanicsville, Va.
Any of the newer systems would be fine. Take your pick. FAST, ACCEL, HOLLEY, etc. The DOS stuff is just painful.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
He'll probably say he doesn't wanna touch the thing. The old DOS versions are a real PITA.

I would be happy to work with any of the later systems that Ed noted as well.

To be perfectly honest, I have only tuned one G1 BB with forced induction. If you are looking for the best for your platform, Ed definitely has more experience in that area than I do.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Guys I like the respect that you two give each other, thats the way it should be. This whole thing makes me nervous because I've heard so many horror stories about motors leaning out and burning pistons. This my first experience with anything like this. Could you guys assure me that if either one of you did the job that nothing like that would ever happen with the right or recommended management system?
Which brand or system is the best bang for the buck and have exellent driveability?
Thanks so much for the help!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bow Tie G
Guys I like the respect that you two give each other, thats the way it should be. This whole thing makes me nervous because I've heard so many horror stories about motors leaning out and burning pistons. This my first experience with anything like this. Could you guys assure me that if either one of you did the job that nothing like that would ever happen with the right or recommended management system?
Which brand or system is the best bang for the buck and have exellent driveability?
Thanks so much for the help!
Frost and myself are pretty good buddies. For that matter, both of us know who most of the good guys are, and wouldn't steer you wrong, no matter where you were in the country.

As for which system, just flip a coin LOL. Seriously, any of the standalones are capable of doing the job. Can anyone "assure" you it will NEVER go lean, NO. I can assure you when it leaves our shop, it will properly tuned, and the only way it will go lean is a failure of some sort. Fuel system, electrical failure, etc.