Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desired shift time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Desired shift time?

Is it true that for shift kits you should set your "desired shift time" tables to zero. I've read that setting them to zero turns off the adaptive shift system and that if left on it will see that your trans is shifting faster than it's supposed to and pull line pressure to slow the shifts.
Anybody have any experience with this?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

No shift kit. But, I have been slowly reducing the shift time til I'm beginning to feel the gear changes...[05 H2 trans.]
I considered a kit, but the trans guy said it may reduce MTBF.."mean time between failures"! :O)
I'm going to take a look at the trans tuning parameters w/ EFILIVE, and see what you are describing...Thanks for the insite.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:37 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BAT TA
Is it true that for shift kits you should set your "desired shift time" tables to zero. I've read that setting them to zero turns off the adaptive shift system and that if left on it will see that your trans is shifting faster than it's supposed to and pull line pressure to slow the shifts.
Anybody have any experience with this?
If you don't set them to Zero the PCM will try to adjust the shift times. If the shift time is faster than the desired shift time the PCM will attemp to increase the shift time to the setting
Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CalEditor@PCMCalibrators
If you don't set them to Zero the PCM will try to adjust the shift times. If the shift time is faster than the desired shift time the PCM will attemp to increase the shift time to the setting
Just what I was looking for! There's not much info on this topic, I've been searching for a while and only found a couple posts on it. Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Mine been zero'd out for a long time
Old 05-24-2011, 06:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Question ???

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Mine been zero'd out for a long time
Did you make other adjustments to the system, once this was done?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

I was under the impression that .200 was the lowest you could go and still have the adapts still working. I opened up a 100% OE calibration and in the performance mode I saw .125
I guess I need to do some research
Old 05-24-2011, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

You do not have to do anything else if you set shift time to zero. All it does is schedule how quickly you want the shifts. Of course, most of us up the line pressures a bit too for a more solid shift. If you look at most full throttle performance tables, they are at zero anyway.

If running a shift kit, you may just want to leave everything alone. The shift kit valve body plate is doing all the work. If you get in there and start messing with things after a shift kit is installed, it could do more harm than good.

Quick Reply: Desired shift time?