Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holley VS MS3 VS ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 527 Likes on 357 Posts

Default holley VS MS3 VS ???

I'm just beginning my shopping for a new engine management system.

Not having outputs is preventing me from moving forward with my plans for the future...traction control, boost by gear, integrated boost control, yadda yadda

Those that have used both MS3 and the HP or Dominator, which GUI did you like best?

Problems you encountered that killed it for you?

I've only ever used MS1 waaaay back in the day and of course now I use HP tuners.

I'm just interested in hearing ls1 tech'ers experiences. I've read just about every thread out there on the subject and still can't make up my mind.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm also interested in the pantera efi box, but there is little to no information on the website. anyone here using that?
Old 12-31-2017, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Redline ECU-882C

Hi Doug, I can mail you the Manuals if you provide your URL ?

The Boost by Gear and Boost Controller by GPOI is supported with a external control valve.

There is NO Automatic Transmission Control though we do support CAN 2.0B.

Lance
Old 12-31-2017, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

ah man, i'd have to go to a standalone which complicates things but I'd definitely love to know more about your product.

PM'd ya
Old 12-31-2017, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

I haven't used the MS3 stuff but when researching everyone pretty much said the Holley interface is much better. I ended up going with the Holley Dominator and couldn't be happier and have installed the same setup in my Son-inlaws Nova and have helped a couple other people get started using them.
Price wise MS3/Holley are closer than people will lead you to believe, By the time you buy everything for both systems you're probably talking about a couple hundred more for the Holley.

I buy from TickWholesale.com (They are able to sell below Holleys set pricing because you become a member)
Take a look at the different Holley Terminator systems. Instead of putting together your own system Holley offers them in kit form and can save you an additional 2-3 hundred dollars. For example I bought this kit https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-612 for $2,311.16
That comes with Holley Dominator ECU,3 1/2" touch screen and Harness for LS2/3/late truck, Trans Harness, Power harness and misc items.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah I like the GUI of the holley stuff and hell if the dominator doesnt have enough spare EIO's to damn near run a second engine lol
Old 01-01-2018, 01:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdoug
yeah I like the GUI of the holley stuff and hell if the dominator doesnt have enough spare EIO's to damn near run a second engine lol
You aren't kidding, I've had people ask what it can do and I tell them it's probably easier to tell them what it can't control/monitor. Todays electronics in general(not just Holley) are amazing and have evolved so much over the years, I told a buddy of mine that I could probably hook up a toaster to the Holley and program it give me perfect toast every time and he thought I was kidding until he looked at how many different sensors and different ways it can monitor and control everything. I haven't even scratched the surface on my build with the Dominator ECU and Dash combination I use it for all the typical engine controls/monitoring and then added Flex fuel/pwm fan control/trans temp/speed/intercooler pump/ Intercooler water temp /2nd fuel pump/fuel temp/fuel level and can even control the boost bypass solenoid on the supercharger to limit boost if needed.
Still have to hook up Air conditioning/turn signals/brake lights and so on.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

maybe i should finally "buy once, cry once" and get the dominator...

seems like i always go the cheap route and then hit the end of the road shortly after.

Quick Reply: holley VS MS3 VS ???