PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners Application Key - Am I Screwed??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 09:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Default HP Tuners Application Key - Am I Screwed??

I'm hoping you can help me gain a little insight while I wait for HPtuners support to respond to my email.

I purchased an HPtuners Pro MPVI device and software second hand a couple of years ago off of this site. The owner claimed it had 6 credits - I don't know that for sure. I never installed the software or attempted to do anything with the unit until last night. When I opened the software I was prompted for the Application Key which I do not have. I was never given any logon info and was unaware that it was needed until yesterday. I have lost contact with the person I bought it from and am now in a bit of a spot.

What can I do in order to get the application key? Are the credits stored in the unit or with the logon info? I have 3 vehicles that I need to tune, one immediately. How screwed am I ?

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

HPT Support will have to create you a new login based on the serial number for the HPT. They might have you send them a picture.
Then you can log into the website and get an updated application key sent to your email. Copy/paste this into the application key section of the software and you're good to go.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently purchased a used unit. Contacted support, they asked me for pictures of the unit and then created a login page for me, then I downloaded the application key and it worked normally.
The only check they do is that the unit doesn't have a theft report. If it's stolen they won't let you activate it under any circumstances.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
I recently purchased a used unit. Contacted support, they asked me for pictures of the unit and then created a login page for me, then I downloaded the application key and it worked normally.
The only check they do is that the unit doesn't have a theft report. If it's stolen they won't let you activate it under any circumstances.
Thanks guys. They just asked me for and I just sent them a picture. Hoping this thing isn't stolen, omg.

Where/how are the credits stored. If this thing really had credits still associated with it am I going to lose them?

Oh, and anybody know how to perform a crank sensor relearn on a 5.3 Silverado? Lol. That's what got me to get this thing setup to begin with.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 641 Likes on 492 Posts

You can pick any application key and activate it. I have mine on a few different computers. Go into the info tab or about tab at the top and see if you can find any application keys. You have to have the unit plugged it. Copy paste one of those application keys into the box that’s prompting you. That’s how you do it when you add another computer. I’ll look at my computer when I get home and give you exact steps if you haven’t figured it out yet.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
You can pick any application key and activate it. I have mine on a few different computers. Go into the info tab or about tab at the top and see if you can find any application keys. You have to have the unit plugged it. Copy paste one of those application keys into the box that’s prompting you. That’s how you do it when you add another computer. I’ll look at my computer when I get home and give you exact steps if you haven’t figured it out yet.
I'll check that out, thanks.

HPtuners has actually been responsive. Sent a picture over but it didn't go through, so just sent it again.

How are the credits stored?
Old 08-02-2018, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I'll check that out, thanks.

HPtuners has actually been responsive. Sent a picture over but it didn't go through, so just sent it again.

How are the credits stored?
On the box but in the new version they are stored on the hp cloud server
Old 08-02-2018, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Credits are stored on the unit itself
Old 08-02-2018, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Awesome, hopefully the seller was legit with the credits. Find out later today or tomorrow. Support got back to me and gave me my app key, impressed with how quickly they responded.

Should I be asking them for a user log on as well? does it matter? What would I do with it?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

You use your log in info to order credits, download tunes, download the newest software, get your application key instantly etc. When i bought mine from a member here he included the email and login password attached to the unit. I went in and changed the email and password in the settings and have never had an issue.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

Yeah you just register an account at HPTuners website. Logging Into your account you can add your device serial number and app key.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

How do I see how many credits I have?

I clicked on the License button, but I'm not seeing anything about credits. I see three license slots that dont appear to be associated with a vehicle, are these credits?

Sorry for being such a noob. Guess I'm gonna have to start watching some tutorials.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners Application Key - Am I Screwed??