Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners - Video Guides

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
You may need to play with your O2 Proportional, Integral, and delay... I talk in depth on it at about the 20 minute mark on my Scaling video, part 2 of 3. You can definitely get the erratic stuff tuned down, but as for actual delay, GM doesn’t have a table for this with respect to sensor location like Ford does. Check out those tables though, it may answer your question.
Awesome thank you, I didn’t even think to look at the scaling videos
Old 06-26-2021, 10:24 PM

Default thank you here are those files

here is the current tune as of now and a recent scan
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
122.hpt (229.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: hpl
jj.hpl (206.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-26-2021, 10:29 PM

Default my tunes

hey bud here are my current tune and last scan
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
122.hpt (229.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: hpl
jj.hpl (206.4 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-26-2021, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,111 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by kennycrawford
Why did you post twice?
Old 06-27-2021, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

I’ll take a look tomorrow. I took the kids to the fair today and then got to drinking with my wife. I rarely see them during the week, so I hope you understand.

On weekdays I get up at 0350 to be out of the house by 0445, and I get back at about 2030-2100. So I have like zero family time. Not an excuse I suppose, as I said I would do it. I still will, but it will be a tomorrow problem for me. You wouldn’t want my advice right now anyway. I’m about 2 3/4 sheets to the wind after all that vodka lol.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,111 Likes on 2,426 Posts

The guy never posted before. Then he double posts. He contacted you personally?
Old 06-27-2021, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by G Atsma
The guy never posted before. Then he double posts. He contacted you personally?
I told him to. It’s from YouTube. Needed a place to post his files so I can have a look. Makes sense here since that’s what this thread is all about. Helping folks learn to tune.
The following 2 users liked this post by ChopperDoc:
G Atsma (06-27-2021), JimMueller (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are a lot of required parameters you are not logging in your scan.

Add the following (at a minimum) to your future logs -

Your fueling correction channel (Wideband typically, OR STFT's if you don't have a WB)
Cylinder Airmass
TPS (not accel pedal position)
Dynamic Airflow
Injector Pulse Width
Injector flow rate
MAF Frequency (I know it's failed, but this is useful later when turning it back on) - that is if it's still plugged in and you are going to tune it later.
O2 Sensor Voltage

Those channels are a bare minimum to log. Without a fueling correction from WB or STFT (closed loop NarrowBand O2 sensors), it's impossible to map out the airflow models, whichever one you are trying to use (MAF or VE). We really need to see the error in the fueling because that tells us what the engine thinks the air is, and gives us a correction. Keep in mind, NB O2's (Stock O2 sensors) are disabled in PE mode, so in order to do wide open throttle (WOT) you WILL need a WideBand.

In your log it is showing LTFT's are still enabled. In the tune file the drop down still has them enabled. Your P101 DTC is also set to "no error reported"... Set it to MIL on First Error because this is how it "fails" the MAF. You want it to test and fail immediately, not report "no problems here boss, ignore me completely" lol.

I can say your airmass is probably a bit on the lean side going off of what your LTFT's are doing, just a guess. Also, when you start a log, remember to use the special controls and reset the LTFT's.

Log those channels and make those changes in the tune as required. If you are using STFT's to tune, you will have to reenable Closed Loop, just set it back to stock. Then follow the video, of course in this case you will be plotting the error using STFT's and not WB. I'm pretty sure I show how to do that in my MAF tuning video.

That's all I can say for now. Not much else I can tell you with so little to look at in the scanner.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:35 PM

I'm new here and in tuning .. but i see your video alot of times and i get point .. but i want know

if i change factory injector to 36lb\h Acedelco company what u put flow rate if i dont have data for it and use IFR system with 58 psi

and cam with overlap -1 and LY6 piston and some other part like 102mm TB

from where should i start in stock file .. from IAC or VE table video ??!

Gen 3 .. 6.0 engine

Last edited by JackK; 04-28-2022 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JackK
I'm new here and in tuning .. but i see your video alot of times and i get point .. but i want know

if i change factory injector to 36lb\h Acedelco company what u put flow rate if i dont have data for it and use IFR system with 58 psi

and cam with overlap -1 and LY6 piston and some other part like 102mm TB

from where should i start in stock file .. from IAC or VE table video ??!

Gen 3 .. 6.0 engine
Always use injectors and good data provided with. Never use Injectors without data.
If you 36lbs are from a GM Car, you could find a stock tune from the car who use it.

But I guess the 36lbs you have is the GTP one, so there's no really good data on it, only the data provided from someone who heard of someone else (and it's not the good way to start).
Old 04-29-2022, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Guillaume Malaquin
Always use injectors and good data provided with. Never use Injectors without data.
If you 36lbs are from a GM Car, you could find a stock tune from the car who use it.

But I guess the 36lbs you have is the GTP one, so there's no really good data on it, only the data provided from someone who heard of someone else (and it's not the good way to start).
i think this injector was from gen 4 i think Avalanche .. i found one post in summit racing

in new injector i only change flow rate or i should change offset and adder or keep it like factory ??

Last edited by JackK; 04-29-2022 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2022, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

For the life of me I can't wrap my head around the IAC tuning part.
Why don't you log the correction % per actual IAC position in the tune?

I'm sure I'm not fully comprehending the whole process/theory is why I'm having a hard time with it.

Last edited by LilJayV10; 06-12-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
For the life of me I can't wrap my head around the IAC tuning part.
Why don't you log the correction % per actual IAC position in the tune?

I'm sure I'm not fully comprehending the whole process/theory is why I'm having a hard time with it.

Basically because it’s in millimeters. It’s an odd animal to tune, but I’m not sure percent would work there. The point of using dynamic is to get some real airflow numbers in there and try to match it to a particular reference, aka the 120 “positions.” Using the formula gives you a number to plug into the positions.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

The formula is actually doing what you are asking. It is making the correction percent based, and by multiplying by the IAC position, it gives us the correction location, or where “x” number should go.

Dynamic is actual airflow, desired is what it thinks it needs, based on the Base Running Airflow table. If you used dynamic numbers to plug into your BRAF table, then you’ll also notice desired doesn’t match actual dynamic most of the time. That’s because it’s going through the IAC table. So if I say “x” value at 200* is 15 g/s, the idle calcs are going to use that to move the IAC motor to what it thinks that is on the table, which is why we need the formula to see where that correction applies and what it is.

Last edited by ChopperDoc; 06-13-2022 at 04:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (06-13-2022)
Old 06-13-2022, 01:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

It's starting to make more sense. I'm not 100% but better than I was.

I watched the video again and one of the problems I was having was when you said ignore the top row on the IAC table in the tune. However my brain interrupted that, I also ignored the top row in the histogram. Again it was me, not you, and honestly you could have not explained it any better.

I appreciate the video and your patience.

Quick Reply: HP Tuners - Video Guides