PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tutorials for Basic and Advanced HPTuners Now Available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tutorials for Basic and Advanced HPTuners Now Available!!!

Hey guys. With all the toil I've gone through using HPT on my Camaro, I have finally compiled all the lessons learned and created 4 videos to explain the most important elements of tuning in a step-wise and hopefully intuitive way. Should be applicable to the rest of the LS family as well.

The first video goes over changing important tuning parameters and basic map optimization that will net most stock cars a few extra HP right off the bat.

The second mini-series is a 3-part video going into great depth regarding advanced open loop VE tuning for the ultimate in control over your car, whether it's for maximizing power on an N/A tune or picking up the techniques you'll need to add power mods.

Check it out and let me know what you think:

Intro to Tuning:

Advanced Tuning:

Old 10-01-2019, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Is this different than what @ChopperDoc has created?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...eo-guides.html
Old 10-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Teching In

I was unaware of this thread and these videos. Since I haven't watched them I can't say how much overlap there is but I'm sure there will be new information in my vids just because we didn't share notes. I will watch his vids now that you've piqued my curiosity but I think the advanced mini-series I made probably touches on a technique that few people use.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rrrocketman
I was unaware of this thread and these videos. Since I haven't watched them I can't say how much overlap there is but I'm sure there will be new information in my vids just because we didn't share notes. I will watch his vids now that you've piqued my curiosity but I think the advanced mini-series I made probably touches on a technique that few people use.
Your tutorials are needed for the gen 4 guys. Chopper's tutorials are geared at the gen 3 guys.great work.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

can you make one for the holley that is just someone opening the box and ACTUALLY READING THE INSTRUCTIONS ?
The following users liked this post:
TSAEB (10-15-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ddnspider
After briefly examining this, yes, I'm quite sure my videos cover new material. Of course we're both discussing similar topics but going about it in different ways and mine is more focused on open loop VE tuning, which does not require the use of fuel trims.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rrrocketman
After briefly examining this, yes, I'm quite sure my videos cover new material. Of course we're both discussing similar topics but going about it in different ways and mine is more focused on open loop VE tuning, which does not require the use of fuel trims.
Then you didn't watch the videos at all. The VE tuning specifically says to shut off fuel trims and log the histogram with a wideband O2 input.

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2019, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 904 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdoug
can you make one for the holley that is just someone opening the box and ACTUALLY READING THE INSTRUCTIONS ?

MMMAAAAANNNNNN this is so true. I can't not count the number of people that CAN NOT follow Holley's instructions.

Their instructions are some of the best out there.

It's like people order the **** online and somehow magically appear on their car working perfectly.

Read the ******* instructions people.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Teching In

@ddnspider That's fine, I just took a glance. I'm sure there's plenty of overlap but I'm sure there's just as much one could learn by watching both videos. Tuners usually have some nuance to their methodologies so it's good to see multiple perspectives and choose whichever you're more comfortable with. Use what works, discard the rest, so to speak.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

Who's this Chopper guy? He sounds like a lot of fun at parties.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
He's a blast until he yells that he's going streaking through the Quad.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ddnspider
He's a blast until he yells that he's going streaking through the Quad.
I can neither confirm nor deny this, due to the lapse of cognitive reasoning given the circumstances. The video posted in question also does not prove it was me, because I have no tattoos in that location, totally promise. You said your were coming anyway. You didn't go so you don't know what happened.

Stop looking at me like that.

Don't judge me!!!
Old 10-04-2019, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdoug
I am dyslexic so normally, my stuff starts out running good, and by the time I am done reading the instructions, it wont start. LOL
The following users liked this post:
truckdoug (10-07-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

I can neither confirm nor deny this, due to the lapse of cognitive reasoning given the circumstances. The video posted in question also does not prove it was me, because I have no tattoos in that location, totally promise. You said your were coming anyway. You didn't go so you don't know what happened.

Don't judge me!!!
Old 10-05-2019, 07:18 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

He knows stuff about the aerodynamicals too
Old 10-05-2019, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
He knows stuff about the aerodynamicals too

You must of read that post from a few weeks back lol. Never did hear from the guy, perhaps my answer was good enough for him. I would hope most people could put 2 + 2 together when it comes to physical properties of airflow, and how it relates to aeronautics. Seems like people forget or think physics stop working on cars the same way they apply to aircraft. Reality is physics don't change and never do.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 502 Likes on 352 Posts

You must of read that post from a few weeks back lol. Never did hear from the guy, perhaps my answer was good enough for him. I would hope most people could put 2 + 2 together when it comes to physical properties of airflow, and how it relates to aeronautics. Seems like people forget or think physics stop working on cars the same way they apply to aircraft. Reality is physics don't change and never do.
Words from a guy who has obviously never done lsd, lol.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:13 AM
Teching In

Hakuna Matatta !
Old 10-07-2019, 08:03 AM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

It was a great post. And you are right. That damned math works every time
Old 10-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Launching!

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't judge me!!!
Cold out, huh?
Seems like people forget or think physics stop working on cars the same way they apply to aircraft. Reality is physics don't change and never do.
Truth! Or over time...

Quick Reply: Tutorials for Basic and Advanced HPTuners Now Available!!!