PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goat Rope Garage Tuning Channel

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 06:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Goat Rope Garage Tuning Channel

I am new to the forum, although I've been lurking for years. I hope this doesn't violate any forum rules, I wanted to share a great tuning resource for those that haven't heard about it.

The Goat Rope Garage channel on YouTube has tons of videos covering tuning our vehicles. The guy that runs the channel has over 15 years experience tuning and shares all of his knowledge for free. And he covers just about everything.

If you would like to learn to tune, make sure you check out Goat Rope Garage on YouTube. I am not associated with the channel in any way, I just wanted to help out other enthusiasts that would like to learn to tune.

Justin
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

Yeah Kyle is a great resource for tuning, helped me a lot when I first started.
He has some pretty cool builds going on right now too.
G Atsma (02-16-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 07:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

I came across his channel not too long ago. I watch new videos when he puts them out. I've played with tuning for a little while now and he loses me quite a bit. I think it'd be better if he shows where when he sometimes says as you can see here we are getting XXX. ChopperDoc's video's are much easier to understand and follow. Now if we can only get him to do some gen 4 tuning videos.
68Formula (03-03-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

I tried a couple of times to watch his stuff. He lost me for good when he "trashed" the engine in the superrado or whatever he calls it, when he tuned it wrong, and then acted like it wasn't a big deal. It's alright for it not to be a big deal, but when you putting info out "teaching" people to tune, and then doing stuff wrong......well, you lose me there.
G Atsma (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I felt that this video was very informative and easy to follow from HP Tuners/Pietz:

Old 03-02-2021, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 177 Likes on 107 Posts

I just tuned a 2010 SS Camaro last week, have all the logs and such and got it running pretty much like stock even with a Stage IV TSP cam in it.

I've had a hard time finding time lately to do videos, but maybe I'll go ahead and do some for the Gen IV's. They are very similar to Gen III's in all honesty, except actually easier in a lot of places in the tune. Like the idle airflow is like a million times easier with a Gen IV, imo.

You guys are twisting my arm pretty good though, so maybe I'll try and put something together soon.
The following 5 users liked this post by ChopperDoc:
Blac94z28 (04-30-2024), cpd004 (03-02-2021), GMTECH4 (04-02-2021), LaBLKv6Z (03-02-2021), MixedE36 (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc
I just tuned a 2010 SS Camaro last week, have all the logs and such and got it running pretty much like stock even with a Stage IV TSP cam in it.

I've had a hard time finding time lately to do videos, but maybe I'll go ahead and do some for the Gen IV's. They are very similar to Gen III's in all honesty, except actually easier in a lot of places in the tune. Like the idle airflow is like a million times easier with a Gen IV, imo.

You guys are twisting my arm pretty good though, so maybe I'll try and put something together soon.

Thank you sir!
Old 03-02-2021, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperDoc

Looking forward to it.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I've watched some of his videos on youtube. He does provide you with a lot of info. But damn does he talk too fast sometimes. Its almost like he's on coke or something. Ha ha. It makes it really hard for someone like me who's a beginner to try and keep up and learn the stuff. I think its great what he does. But boy he can get going way to damn fast sometimes. Maybe he's just trying to keep the vids as short as possible.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by 98LS1auto
I've watched some of his videos on youtube. He does provide you with a lot of info. But damn does he talk too fast sometimes. Its almost like he's on coke or something. Ha ha. It makes it really hard for someone like me who's a beginner to try and keep up and learn the stuff. I think its great what he does. But boy he can get going way to damn fast sometimes. Maybe he's just trying to keep the vids as short as possible.
Yeah Kyle is a fast talker and really smart. I think he probably assumes dummies like me can assorbe the simple things he's explaining and moves on to the next step. I download the videos and watch them on my PC so I can pause and rewind. After awhile you get this (a least for me) ahh haa moment where the pieces fall in place. I like his optimistic "you can do this" attitude, kinda guy you'd want to drink a beer with lol. I have noticed when he's working on something sometimes his hands have a shaking tremor like movement. I hope it's nothing serious that may effect him in later life when he's old like me.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 377 Likes on 275 Posts

Streetcarjoe and turbojohn are a couple of my favorites.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RedXray
Yeah Kyle is a fast talker and really smart. I think he probably assumes dummies like me can assorbe the simple things he's explaining and moves on to the next step. I download the videos and watch them on my PC so I can pause and rewind. After awhile you get this (a least for me) ahh haa moment where the pieces fall in place. I like his optimistic "you can do this" attitude, kinda guy you'd want to drink a beer with lol. I have noticed when he's working on something sometimes his hands have a shaking tremor like movement. I hope it's nothing serious that may effect him in later life when he's old like me.
Yeh I can relate man. Its not like this stuff is the easiest thing to do anyway. But I think its like you said. I can deadlift 600lbs in the gym. So when someone ask me "is this heavy", referring to some object, I always think "no" but then I have to remind myself its not heavy to "me". Its probably heavy as hell to them. You and I probably need "HP Tuners for Dummies". Like the old Windows for Dummies books. Ha ha.

I think he's just a wired up guy. I can be pretty wired myself sometimes. He's just probably hyper I think.

Quick Reply: Goat Rope Garage Tuning Channel