PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is LS1 edit still the best for tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is LS1 edit still the best for tuning?

Is there something better now compared to LS1 edit. How is Cal Map (I think that is what it is..don't know spelling of it though). A local reputable shop uses this....I think it is made/done by Superchips?

For nitrous...what should I do to tune and monitor things on a H/C car with a wet shot?
Old 01-07-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS1 Edit still exists but there are much better solutions out there now

I've been using HP Tuners for almost a year now (switched from LS1 Edit) ... it's really good software... comes w/a very comprehensive scanner tool, and is only locked to your make/year (you get to choose 2 makes/years when purchasing) so the only licensing fees are if you want to purchase another make/year

HPT is releasing 1.6 soon and 2.0 is almost in beta so they're progressing quickly, lisening to their customers and adding in features that customers are requesting.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am using LS1 Edit right now, but will be switching to HPtuners soon. I would imagine this will be the answer that most people will give you - HPtuners.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

that other program you speak of is only as good as the definition program they have to work with, that name is not quite correct, but i know what your talking about.

There are other software packages out now, but the software is only as good as the tuner tuning it. None of the software companies have any base performance tunes to start from, and each have their advantages, and disadvantages.

Ryan
Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Well im going a diffrent route Im going with efilive flashscan it looks pretty nice.Ls1 edit is just to dam slow and ive had it for about 3 years now.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by tuff
Well im going a diffrent route Im going with efilive flashscan it looks pretty nice.Ls1 edit is just to dam slow and ive had it for about 3 years now.
I have been using LS1Edit for over a year but will be going to EFILive FlashScan in a few weeks. Already ordered. Flashscan can log without having a notebook in the car. I really like that idea.

Bill
Old 01-09-2005, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

HP Tuners looks nice, but still using LS1Edit here and happy.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

HPtuners is the best thing going IMO.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

efilive software is ahead of the game right now, the layout and all that is quite nice.. just not alot of people have looked at it yet.. its available to look at on there site, you can download a trial version of it and its scanner..
Right now its probably what Hptuners will be when it hits 2.0 version. "cant wait "

so its really up to personal preference on the individual on what they pick..
ls1edit if you have lots of free time and dont mind a half hour from start to finish reading, edit, writing for the first time
efi live with fancy overdone graphics and an awsome can do anything "including see codes and erase codes from different moduals in the car" and set up your own pids.
or hptuners, v6 support, nice hystogram scanner with easy layout of the current stuff you would have to change, 2 and 3 bar support when released, and easy changes to a program with a log file that shows problems.

the last two show big promise to the editing scene and im glad we now have better tools out there that really make a difference
Old 01-09-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

I too am going with EFILive Flashscan. This is my first tuning software purchase and I went this route because of their introductory upgrade offer.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Launching!

I'm about to die here waiting for the new EFILive software.

People seem very happy with HPT, and I would have bought it in a second if not for the fact that I've had such good experiences with EFILive in the past. I believe HPT is great software, based on the number of people who seem to be happy with theirs.

Tunercat is another option. I tried to keep up with their progress about a year ago, and gave up on them because they would always say "coming soon". To be fair, I have talked with people who were happy with their software tuner for other vehicles. I wouldn't buy this package because it doesn't have a scanner/logger, which is just as important as a tuner.

LS1Edit is, in my opinion, not worth the time (that's putting it nicely). Nothing about this package impressed me, and I mean absolutely nothing. Sorry Carputing.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

The LS1edit VIN lock is one of the main reasons I didn't purchase it, plus it's really lagging in features yet has the same price area as the others.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:14 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Drake
I'm about to die here waiting for the new EFILive software.
From what i read on the efi live site they are shipping now but if you waited to order you may have a wait before getting you're hands on it.

I would have to agree with wait4me and his comments on efi live and HPT , i have hpt and have had a look at Flashscan and like what i see and was able to open the bin files for my car which was interesting (using the demo version).

If Flashscan had been around six months ago when i bought HPT i would have had a tough time choosing between the two but HPT was the only real choice at the time and am more than happy with it.

From what i can see with the software that is being made and the competition to build a better product the customer is going to be the winner .
Wonder if Carputing will try to get back in the game ??
Old 01-10-2005, 04:43 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

They need to , if they plan on staying in business.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

carp... who??
Old 01-11-2005, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

I am in the market for tuning software. I am starting from zero, having never bought or used any of the options. I have a laptop and wideband ready to tune!

It seems the HPTuners product gets some great reviews and it is appealing that there are many users out there who can share tuning "files". I imagine HPTuners and EFILive guys can't trade back and forth?
Old 01-12-2005, 04:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V8er
I am in the market for tuning software. I am starting from zero, having never bought or used any of the options. I have a laptop and wideband ready to tune!

It seems the HPTuners product gets some great reviews and it is appealing that there are many users out there who can share tuning "files". I imagine HPTuners and EFILive guys can't trade back and forth?
I was able to open a bin file with the demo version of Flashscan that was download from my car with HPT
Old 01-12-2005, 04:17 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

V8er, go check out the HPT website and you can even go on their forums. A member on here named Magnus would be someone good to talk to.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:41 AM
TECH Addict

I vote for HPtuners.