Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disable active handleing??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default disable active handleing??

I just got my hptuners and was wondering how I disable the active handleing feature on a C5? I couldnt find anything in the help files... I'll check back in a few mins... thanks...
Old 01-12-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't believe that's controlled via the PCM .... that's most likely part of the ABS/TCS system ... which I believe is controlled via the BCM ...
Old 01-12-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

you have got to be shitting me... I just spent 500 bucks to shut off that crap....... FAAAAAAKKKK.... how do I controll the bcm?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

not sure on BCM stuff.. but I read this today.. I don't know how accurate it is however.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/260151-can-tire-pressure-sensors-edited-out-w-hp-tuners-my-c5.html
Old 01-13-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Addict

oh damn, I think that helped, thanks.. I'll let you know, now I have to wait for the code to pop up so I know for sure wich one it is... I'm also disableing the traction controll, will I have to turn off the ses light for that too?... thanks again...
Old 01-13-2005, 02:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried just pushing the enable / disable button on the middle console? Push it to change between traction control / active handling on or off, or hold it down for ~5 seconds and you get Competition mode, which takes away traction control, but keeps the active handling. Hope that helps some? :\
Old 01-13-2005, 03:52 AM
TECH Addict

crap, I didnt know about the competition mode, thanks.... when I turn it off(EVERY time I drive the car) after a while of driving it says to service the active handleing... its a brake censor that I cannot get fixed so I dont want that stupid ses light on and I dont want to have to hit the trac/handl button THEN hit the reset button on my dash, then scroll to my "inst. mpg".... every time I drive... I want to just start the car and its set just how I like... ya know what I mean?....... btw, I just turned off the cags/skip shift crap and its sooo sweeet..... also is it possible to have the trac on/off light on the guages allways stay off?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Assassin
also is it possible to have the trac on/off light on the guages allways stay off?

That's another BCM thing so I don't think so... but on the bright side... if you have it "on" on the gauge cluster long enough... it'll eventually burn out (when I pulled my ABS from my car, the TCS off light would come on... well after many months it burned out so it's not on anymore heh)
Old 01-13-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

oh man .... I guess I'll just play w/ it and try to see if its possible... I know the back side of my camaro guages you could remove the light, hope they're the same...
Old 01-13-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another problem with the AH that can occur is with the steering wheel sensor. It should read 2.5 v with the wheels straight ahead. After several different alignment settings, my sensor ended up off center. My scanner picked it up and let me recenter it and the code went away.