PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st day of HP tuner Use. Already lost.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st day of HP tuner Use. Already lost.

I realize it's only the first day and I have so much to learn. I'm already so overwhelmed though. I'm not sure what to do with what.

I managed to make my bin file and such so I brought up editor and under the engine diagnostics I have 3 available buttons / errors I guess I have to fix.

The first one is
Maximum Delta Air Flow - P0101 Error
2nd one is a Calculater Airflow vs. % TPS vs. RPM - P1514 Error
and the 3rd is a firing order
I took a screen shot of all 3 up at once but it was like 200k so it wouldn't post. So I cut up the 3 shots. If you want the full desktop screenshot let me know. LOL I'm so lost Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails 1st day of HP tuner Use. Already lost.-1.jpg   1st day of HP tuner Use. Already lost.-3.jpg   1st day of HP tuner Use. Already lost.-2.jpg  
Old 01-21-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what exactly is it you're looking for help doing? Are you getting a P0101 and P1514 SES light? if you're not why do you want to modify those tables?

Unless you're doing something really radical should never been a reason to change the cylinder order ...

edit: reread your post... those aren't errors... they're to be used IF you are getting those errors... if you scan the car and are getting an SES light for those errors then you can make changes to those tables...

Make sure you've gone through the help file that's included w/the software... it explains alot of this in great detail
Old 01-21-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exclamation

Originally Posted by horist
what exactly is it you're looking for help doing? Are you getting a P0101 and P1514 SES light? if you're not why do you want to modify those tables?

Unless you're doing something really radical should never been a reason to change the cylinder order ...

edit: reread your post... those aren't errors... they're to be used IF you are getting those errors... if you scan the car and are getting an SES light for those errors then you can make changes to those tables...

Make sure you've gone through the help file that's included w/the software... it explains alot of this in great detail
I assumed that they were all errors because I get the P0101 error quite often.

I actually ordered a stock replacemenet maf from LS1 speed. Because the MAF I have occasionally throws that code. I thought it was a low voltage code though,

The whole reason I bought HP tuners software is because I'm going to have to learn to tune my car for multiple reasons.

I have Stainless Steel Headers on the way. They'll be here this week.
couple months ago I upgraded my fuel system. "Racetronix Fuel System"

My car is running excessively rich. When I punch the gas You can just see the huge cloud of GAS at WOT.

I'm reading a lot of the help file but a lot of it I don't understand. Also under fuel system it says coming soon.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

well to start... you need to get as much log time as you can to see what the motor's doing... and how the PCM is reacting ... the default scan items are fine for this
Old 01-21-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

well to start... you need to get as much log time as you can to see what the motor's doing... and how the PCM is reacting ... the default scan items are fine for this
So how do I go about doin this. From now on while I'm driving. Just hit that red circle? Record button or what ever? This Laptop's main responsibility is for tuning this car. So Just start running a Huge log file I guess?

I'm so new at all this.. Thanks again
Old 01-21-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

yup, hook it up, hit the red circle (record), when you're done stop the record, go to scan -> save data as, and give it a name

Then when you're not driving you can look at the histograms and charts and see if you notice trends, or if you're running rich/lean at certin areas, etc...
Old 01-21-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

yup, hook it up, hit the red circle (record), when you're done stop the record, go to scan -> save data as, and give it a name

Then when you're not driving you can look at the histograms and charts and see if you notice trends, or if you're running rich/lean at certin areas, etc...
So how long shoud I log before I start worrying about fixing these error codes.
I bought a stock replacement AC Delco MAF. Should I just throw it on. Reset my ECU by pulling the jumper under the hood.

Or is there a way in HP Tuners to tell the computer to reset since I'll be throwing on a new MAF? I'll need to remake my bin after putting the new MAF on to right?
What are the proper steps to doing this?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

What are all your mods? If you're getting P0101 then i'm guessing the LTRIMs are really high...

You can go ahead and put it on, you can clear the codes via HP Tuners Scanner, you can reset your LTRIMs via the scanner

No need to remake your bin because the MAF doesn't have any programming effect on the PCM... the bin you already read is the same one that will be in your PCM for infinity if you never write to it...
Old 01-21-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

What are all your mods? If you're getting P0101 then i'm guessing the LTRIMs are really high...

You can go ahead and put it on, you can clear the codes via HP Tuners Scanner, you can reset your LTRIMs via the scanner

No need to remake your bin because the MAF doesn't have any programming effect on the PCM... the bin you already read is the same one that will be in your PCM for infinity if you never write to it...
How do I reset it via the scanner?

Direct Flo Lid, Fernco 3x3 Hose, Descreened MAF
Ported and Knife Edged Throttle Body
LS6 Valvetrain,Titanium Retainers, Chromeoly Pushrods
LS6 GENIII Hotcam
!EGR Tube from the intake Manifold
TB Bypass
Gutted and DeBaffled my RamAir Hood
Exhaust-True Dual 3" Xpipe with welded Random Tech 3" cats & Dynomouth Bullet Mufflers
Fuel:Racetronix Fuel Pump
Car has been originally tuned with LS1 Edit
Old 01-21-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

in the help file, using VCM Flash it's under the Tools section
Old 01-21-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

in the help file, using VCM Flash it's under the Tools section
Thanks dude. You've been great. Do you use this Software for both your cars?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by D3IMOS
Thanks dude. You've been great. Do you use this Software for both your cars?

yup... the GTP only gets minor tweeks since it's a daily driver.. and the 4T65E Transaxles suck *** ... but I have a custom tune in both cars w/HPT software ....

I'm still learning the V6 stuff though ...
Old 01-22-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

yup... the GTP only gets minor tweeks since it's a daily driver.. and the 4T65E Transaxles suck *** ... but I have a custom tune in both cars w/HPT software ....

I'm still learning the V6 stuff though ...
How did you learn this stuff? Been workin with it long? Do you understand the tables?
Like do you know what it meant that the p10101 error kept comin back? and do you think it's gonna go away with the new maf?