PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Predator reads a P0135 heater circuit....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005 | 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Predator reads a P0135 heater circuit....

P0135 HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 Malfunction

What do I do for this, what is causing it? I couldn't find any information looking it up at the different sites. What would this do to my car, and is it o2 sensor related only where I could use my leftover rear o2 I'm not using?

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2005 | 12:55 PM
Launching!

I had the same problem after my LT install...

According to your signature, you have LT's as well. Your O2 sensor isn't heating up fast enough, because the sensor is moved farther away from the engine due to the sensors re-location towards then end of the collector. That is why it's throwing that code.

I'm willing to bet after a while Bank 2, Sensor 1 will do the same thing or throw a similiar code.

It's nothing a good tune can't handle... in which case the tuner could delete the codes. I don't think it's anything to panic over.

Mine seemed to clear up on it's own, with just immature DTC codes coming up every now and then, but not enough to trip the SES light.

Hope that helps...

and BTW, if you do a search on the DTC code, alot of info will pop up on here. Trust me...
Old 09-08-2005 | 03:25 PM

The way I make out that code, it's saying that even
with the heater running full time you still don't get
decent switching on the O2 sensor. That could be
dead meat or just low heat (from the headers).

If it's a heat problem then swapping a similar O2
will not be anything more than a short-lived fix,
and die the same way. Hotter O2s or improving the
heat retention of the headers is what's needed.
Old 09-08-2005 | 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its one of those odd things. It will pop up one month, I'd clear it, and then it will show up maybe a couple months later. So if its insequential, and it does not affect the true o2 reading, then no worries?

Live in NJ, so it would need to pass emissions testing and the OBDII scanning.
Old 09-09-2005 | 11:44 AM
Teching In

H02S is a heated oxygen sensor. The code you are throwing has nothing to do with the actual temp of the O2S. These types of oxygen sensors have heaters in them to warm them up faster to go into closed loop quiker for emission purposes. The code is for the heater circuit on the O2S. There is a problem with the wiring going to it or the heater in the O2S is bad.
Old 09-09-2005 | 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

which side is this code for, the drivers side o2?
Old 09-09-2005 | 12:30 PM
Teching In

Bank 1 = driver side
Sensor 1 = pre cat
Old 09-15-2005 | 05:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atmus
H02S is a heated oxygen sensor. The code you are throwing has nothing to do with the actual temp of the O2S. These types of oxygen sensors have heaters in them to warm them up faster to go into closed loop quiker for emission purposes. The code is for the heater circuit on the O2S. There is a problem with the wiring going to it or the heater in the O2S is bad.
Not necessarily so.

He has headers.... chances are it's just because his O2 sensor is moved further away from the engine, and the O2 sensor isn't heating up fast enough, so the PCM throws that code.

It's nothing to fret over.

It *could* be the wiring, but I doubt it. You could always double check your wiring, just to cover all bases... but I'd put my $$$ on the sensor not heating up fast enough.