Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autouned VE table..still High Positive LTFTs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Autouned VE table..still High Positive LTFTs

I used the autotune with Efillive and the Lc1 to tune my VE table. When I reenable the MAF meter with the new VE table I still go lean with and the PCM adds fuel to the tune of +15 to +20 LTFTs. When the LTFTs settle at 20 or at idle as high as 25, the commanded AFR and the LC1 agree so I know the computer is right and it is lean. What the hell is causing this? When Im in SD mode the Ben efficency is right at 1.0 all over the map and the car runs great. It also runs good when the new VE table is copied and MAF reenabled but I have to wait for the FTs to correct the mixture....With the LTFTs at zero Im lean???

I even tried adding 20% to the new VE table and reflashing. Still LEAN! and the LTFTs seem to settle pretty much the same.....???
Old 04-13-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
I used the autotune with Efillive and the Lc1 to tune my VE table. When I reenable the MAF meter with the new VE table I still go lean with and the PCM adds fuel to the tune of +15 to +20 LTFTs. When the LTFTs settle at 20 or at idle as high as 25, the commanded AFR and the LC1 agree so I know the computer is right and it is lean. What the hell is causing this? When Im in SD mode the Ben efficency is right at 1.0 all over the map and the car runs great. It also runs good when the new VE table is copied and MAF reenabled but I have to wait for the FTs to correct the mixture....With the LTFTs at zero Im lean???

I even tried adding 20% to the new VE table and reflashing. Still LEAN! and the LTFTs seem to settle pretty much the same.....???

Have you recalibrated the MAF table to reflect the revised VE Table? Remember that the MAF determines the fueling when it is enabled, except under certain transient coditions below 4000 RPM. If all of the fuel trims are perfect in SD and then you reenable the MAF and it goes haywire, your MAF isn't correctly calibrated.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Question

Originally Posted by Geoff
Have you recalibrated the MAF table to reflect the revised VE Table? Remember that the MAF determines the fueling when it is enabled, except under certain transient coditions below 4000 RPM. If all of the fuel trims are perfect in SD and then you reenable the MAF and it goes haywire, your MAF isn't correctly calibrated.
Nope I havent touched the MAF it is still stock settings. Thanks for the advice! Which way should I go with the MAF? Scale it higher or lower and by how much? Also when Im in SD for tuning I havent reenabled the LTFTs....Should I? To see what happens?
Old 04-13-2006, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a vacuum leak? I had one on my fast 90 intake, & the ltft's would read 20-25 no matter what I did. Found the leak, then the LTFT's went to 10-15 now they are sitting around 0-1.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like the MAF table is off....

just take the MAF out and drive around in SD mode
Old 04-13-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
sounds like the MAF table is off....

just take the MAF out and drive around in SD mode
I would but first I have to pass inspection. Im going to scale the damn thing up 20%. That should make it run rich.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Do you have a vacuum leak? I had one on my fast 90 intake, & the ltft's would read 20-25 no matter what I did. Found the leak, then the LTFT's went to 10-15 now they are sitting around 0-1.
Hmmmm, I really dont think so I used all new o-rings on my orginal Ls6 intake but Ill check...
Old 04-13-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

recalibrate the maf then the trims should go down.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Make a map havng one column say RPM 0-8000 step 8000, set the rows to MAFFREQ 1500-12000 step 125, set the cell data to BEN.

Then while still in VE tuning mode (OLSD), log MAF, MAFFERQ, AFR, WBO AFR, BEN, DYNAIR.

On the map, apply the filter and hide cells with low count;
this map is now your multiplier correction to the MAF table.

i.e. same concept as VE table correction, but applying to MAF table instead.

DYNAIR vs MAFFREQ should be identical to your corrected MAF table.

After MAF table is dialed in, renable the MAF and log trims.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice Joe that sounds like an excellent way to get it dead nuts on. For now I just went out and scaled the Maf higher by 10% up to 10000 hz....Walla fuel trims are beautiful now Thanks guys. Im getting about -5 to 0 LTFTs now pretty much all over the Map, with just a few areas in need of minor tweaking. Did I say I love EFilive? Now i just have to get my WOT leaned out. Wouldnt that just be via the PE vs RPM modifier?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, PE vs RPM, and since your VE table is dialed in, this table will be excactly what you'll see on the wideband.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Wink

This is actually pretty easy once one starts to learn what the hell they are doing! But damn, I think Ive found another addiction! Im taking the first step now.....
Old 04-14-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

To dial in the MAF, I'd force open loop to a constant 12.8AFR for all conditions, turn off LTFT's and disable DFCO. Go log MAF Freq. (Hz), RPM, Commanded AFR and WBO2 AFR. Then you can create a percent error table (I did mine in Excel) that takes WBO2 AFR divided by commanded AFR for each MAF Frequency (ie 9.0 recorded / 10.0 commanded = 90% or a 10% decrease). This first pass through, I'd apply the full percentage correction for each MAF Freq. that logged a decent amount of counts (N>100 with steady throttle). Then, scale all of the remaining frequencies based on the surrounding percentages applied. Make sense?

You can rinse and repeat this process. Just apply 33~50% of the correction the 2nd and 3rd pass through. Once it's close like the VE table was, you're good to go.