Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to EFILive and need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to EFILive and need help

I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find hardly any infomation on tuning with EFILive. I see tons of helpful stickies for the HPTuner people here but I havn't found anything helpful to me yet. All the HPTuner files here talk about tables and things to change that I can't even find yet in the EFILive Tuner.

Do any stickies or anything good to read to learn the basics exsist for EFILive?
Old 07-07-2006, 07:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all of the stickies at the top pertain to both...if there are parameters efilive does not have you could probably request them.

Last edited by foff667; 07-07-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

your basic tables are under ENGINE CALIBRATION, then FUEL then MIXTURE
the table b3618 PE modifier based on RPM is what your fuel is controlled by, AFR that is commanded at WOT (if your MAF is dialed in correctly it will be dead on this number)

then your next table is INJECTOR FLOW RATE, which is under : ENGINE CALIBRATION - FUEL - INJECTORS and it is b4001. if you install aftermarket injectors bigger than the ones you are probably currently running you can download an excel file that will approximate what the injector flow rate is

then you have SPARK
under : ENGINE CALIBRATION - SPARK - GENERAL then you have Spark High Octane table and spark low octane table

your high octane table will be used normally and if you repeatedly get knock retard your car will go more towards the low octane table.

normally on your car for *typical peak power output you will be running between 24-28 degrees of timing depending on several other things

if you want you can shoot me some Private messages and I can help you get started with the basic stuff....and i mean basic. as I have had the software for a year and I have just skimmed the surface and I'm learning new things everyday.....getting ready to install 60# injectors which are being a pain...but i have a LOT of help from guys up here...thanks yall. and a turbo install (STS rearmount)
Old 07-08-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Tuning concepts are the same wether you use EFILive or brand xyz. As far as getting you going, from EFILive includes several tutorials located in the scan or tune tool help menus. Be sure to check out the efilive forum for additional help.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

the tutorials are nice!!!! under help then tutorials
Old 07-08-2006, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Thanks ZL1Killa, just your 2nd post help explain most of what I was looking for. I'm just trying to get an order to how I want to tune my car. So what do you do first?

Idle tuning would be first by just lookin at IAC and changing your blade to bring those inline.
Tune the Knock down to 0 by using the spark tables.
Then change your VE tables to when your fuel trims are at basically 0.
Then change your AFR values for WOT to get about 13.1 or so to 1.
I still run a MAF, so would I just save that to last and use one of the nifty excel files to get that closer to exact.

I don't know if that is the correct order so please say something to correct me. But after all that tuning is said and done, where does the power increases come from? Just changing the AFR leaner or lower spark advanced?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idle
VE
Spark
Idle
VE
Spark

All with the MAF disabled and in open loop
Then reenable the MAF and calibrate it.

Cliff Notes style.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ashes
Thanks ZL1Killa, just your 2nd post help explain most of what I was looking for. I'm just trying to get an order to how I want to tune my car. So what do you do first?

Idle tuning would be first by just lookin at IAC and changing your blade to bring those inline.
Tune the Knock down to 0 by using the spark tables.
Then change your VE tables to when your fuel trims are at basically 0.
Then change your AFR values for WOT to get about 13.1 or so to 1.
I still run a MAF, so would I just save that to last and use one of the nifty excel files to get that closer to exact.

I don't know if that is the correct order so please say something to correct me. But after all that tuning is said and done, where does the power increases come from? Just changing the AFR leaner or lower spark advanced?
shoot me some PM's if you want. depending on how many mods you have you may just want to increase the VE table by 5-10% or so and leave it alone and not worry about OL.
stay with the MAF, i would and I am.
watch your fuel trims and play with your MAF numbers
if you want to buy a Wideband get it through Dynotunenitrous up here, his website is www.dynotunenitrous.com or get it thru chad...BLACK02ss
both will get you a deal
I would recommend the LC-1 with gauge, that way its always in your car and you don't have to worry about anything.

once you get the wideband you could dial in your VE table and your MAF numbers after that.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Ok, using the order of idle, VE, spark. Idle would mean to get the IAC counts right by moving the blade. Ve would mean to change VE based on the LTFT. Then spark tuning would be raising the advance but lowering it when it knocks?
Old 07-08-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Idle
VE
Spark
Idle
VE
Spark

All with the MAF disabled and in open loop
Then reenable the MAF and calibrate it.

Cliff Notes style.

hey, should we make state charts for people to follow? the details are well described (not that anyone searches before asking anyway :/ ) but they dont know where to start, what's next, etc... you've done nice graphics work on the backgrounds, could you whip out something visually pleaseing enough so people can follow it easily?
Old 07-08-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldn't have a problem with that, but would they use it? How many write ups are done and (no pertaining to you Ashes) they still don't use them. Just hit me a PM with what you have in mind Marcin and we can work something out.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

I know, I just have found any good step by step things for EFILive. Plenty of HPTuner ones but none for EFILive that specify which tables and data you want to mess with.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ashes
I know, I just have found any good step by step things for EFILive. Plenty of HPTuner ones but none for EFILive that specify which tables and data you want to mess with.
Most of the time you won't find a "step by step" procedure on all the tables to change. Lot of them are done by learning the program and seeing what the car wants. The tables are going to basically be the same, but with slightly different names. The main thing is you are going to really need a wideband. After that, a lot of it will make more sense.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Here is a list of a few tables that I normally use. Maybe these will help you.

B0101 - MAIN VE TABLE
B3618 - PE MODE BASED ON RPM
B3605 - COMMANDED FUEL WHEN IN OPEN LOOP
B4001 - INJECTOR FLOW RATE (ONLY WHEN THE INJECTORS HAVE BEEN CHANGED)
B4205 - CLOSED LOOP TEMP ENABLE
B3801 - LONG TRIM FUEL TRIM CORRECTION
B0203 - AIR PUMP COOLANT TEMP DIASBLE
B0701 - CATALYTIC CONVERTER PROTECTION ENABLE
B3303 - FUEL CUT-OFF LIMITERS IN GEAR
B4603 - DESIRED IDLE SPEEDS
B4307 - DESIRED AIRFLOW (SOMETIMES CALLED RUNING AIRFLOW)
B5001 - MAF SENSOR CALIBRATION
B5913 - SPARK HIGH-OCTANE TABLE
B5914 - SPARK LOW-OCATANE TABLE
B5932 - BASE SPARK IN GEAR
B5933 - BASE SPARK IN PARK/NEUTRAL

That should be a good start. That doesn't have any fan's, spedo, tranny stuff. Nor does it have any of the startup tables that are available, it is just a "general" list to help get you started.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

yep... and obviously if you read up here about closed loop and open loop you will understand all of that and what it does.

spark---- who needs spark? lol. big deal table, creates power!!!
PE modified based on RPM... fuel
just read around now that you got those basic tables and you will discover a lot

but in order to tune the VE table and the MAF you WILL NEED A WIDEBAND
Old 07-08-2006, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Ok, I think I understand the spark and knock part now. Does VE tuning come before or after you get your spark set right?

And also, when I get around to tuning my car this weekend. I will try and write up a good how-to for those of us using EFILive.

Quick Reply: New to EFILive and need help