Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning with Snap On MT2500 aka "The Brick"

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning with Snap On MT2500 aka "The Brick"

I just bought a new GTO that I want to do some tuning on. I have a Snap On MT2500 (The Brick) but I don't have a module that covers the GTO.

Does anyone know what kind of tuning that I can do with this? I'd like to know before I pick up a new module for the GTO. I've only used it up to this point for scanning, resetting, clearing codes, etc. I was curious how it compared to some of the software tuners out there???? I'm not even sure if it will allow me to edit any parameters at all. I've tried to email Snap On but no reply. BTW, this is one of the older model units with just the basic screen.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Last edited by dragula07; 12-01-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The commercial level scanners, such as Snap-on, OTC, Vetronix, give more information then the consumer level because they usually show more information parameters. However, the scanner software supplied by the custom tuning companies usually give much more information then even the commercial level scanners. Obviously the more information you can monitor the better and more quick tuner you could be. The commercial and consumer scanners offer very little to no ability to change anything for tuning purposes.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Efilive Tuning software is a very good choice for you if you are wanting to tune your vehicle. You can call us if you would like and we can walk you thru some options.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dynocar
The commercial and consumer scanners offer very little to no ability to change anything for tuning purposes.
That's kind of what I figured but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Looks like this will go on ebay and I can use some of the money for some tuning software.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Wait4me - Sending PM soon.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Give wait4me a call. He'll get you set up with everything you need
Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragula07
I just bought a new GTO that I want to do some tuning on. I have a Snap On MT2500 (The Brick) but I don't have a module that covers the GTO.

Does anyone know what kind of tuning that I can do with this? I'd like to know before I pick up a new module for the GTO. I've only used it up to this point for scanning, resetting, clearing codes, etc. I was curious how it compared to some of the software tuners out there???? I'm not even sure if it will allow me to edit any parameters at all. I've tried to email Snap On but no reply. BTW, this is one of the older model units with just the basic screen.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!
I have the Modis and didnt know the "Brick" or the Modis could tune. As far as I knew they couldnt tune at all only diagnose,log,and test.

My HP Tuners came in yesterday lol.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
I have the Modis and didnt know the "Brick" or the Modis could tune. As far as I knew they couldnt tune at all only diagnose,log,and test.
That's what I'm beginning to find out. I bought this used from a friend a while back and I've only used it a couple of times for diagnostics only so I wasn't sure what else it was capable of......which is apparently not much.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragula07
That's what I'm beginning to find out. I bought this used from a friend a while back and I've only used it a couple of times for diagnostics only so I wasn't sure what else it was capable of......which is apparently not much.
They're great for mechanic's, shouldnt have any trouble selling it.

Quick Reply: Tuning with Snap On MT2500 aka "The Brick"