PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

454 LSX, LS7 heads and Kenne Bell SC and PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 454 LSX, LS7 heads and Kenne Bell SC and PCM?

I am patiently waiting for the release of the LSX block and my plans are to make a 454 cu.in. from it. What PCM should I use and will the GM PCM's be the most reliable and give me the best of both worlds in terms of power output and driveability?
I am aware of FAST and Bigstuff 3 systems, but I'd rather re-program the GM pcm since it's alot cheaper and then use editiing softare to adjust tables. On that note, is there editing software available for the LS2 and LS7 pcm's yet? I am assuming LS1 edit will not work for the LS2 and LS7.

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
7 Second Club

BS3 for the win... if you're gonna spend that much on a setup dont slack for the tunning software... i'd atleast have a roadrunner and EFI live or BS3.... ls1edit=more hours of tunning
Old 02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For sure!

I just built one with 10ish lbs of boost and it went perfect with efi and the roadrunner.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wait4me
For sure!

I just built one with 10ish lbs of boost and it went perfect with efi and the roadrunner.
What PCM did you use?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

1meg Roadrunner.
The program i started with was the stock one from my CTSV then just added in a custom Operating system number 3 from EFIlive, and then set up the boost and 2bar tables and it was done.

You are gunna love those big cubes. Im amazed at how smooth it is all the way thru the power band. Ill be changing to a bigger cam in the spring after i dyno it again with the 10lbs.

As far as drivability goes, You cant do better than a stock type pcm. So many more tables to modify and the computer is smarter and has the ability to correct itself in more areas that an aftermarket pcm.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wait4me
1meg Roadrunner.
The program i started with was the stock one from my CTSV then just added in a custom Operating system number 3 from EFIlive, and then set up the boost and 2bar tables and it was done.

You are gunna love those big cubes. Im amazed at how smooth it is all the way thru the power band. Ill be changing to a bigger cam in the spring after i dyno it again with the 10lbs.

As far as drivability goes, You cant do better than a stock type pcm. So many more tables to modify and the computer is smarter and has the ability to correct itself in more areas that an aftermarket pcm.
Thanks for the info.! I am new to the LS arena, but I used to program my own proms with the 165 MAF ecm in my old setup. So, now I am trying to achieve the same abilities with new technology and I want to make sure I get the right pcm for my combo. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the 1 meg Roadrunner? Who makes it? Is it based from GM LS2, LS7 pcm's

Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

The roadrunner basically is a Full on the fly emulation pcm for ls1 vehicles. With it and efilive you can change ANY perameter in the pcm without shutting down the engine or setting up anything special. So it just makes it into a superior aftermarket pcm.

We have a few of them in stock. for more information you can go to WWW.Moates.net and look at what it is exactly. Also, the software for EFILive can be downloaded so you can look at it also at www.efilive.com

We have both in stock and it partnered with a wideband is perfect for any combo.
It will also do auto tuning with wideband feedback.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Ahh, thank you very much! I remember Craig Moates from the 3rd gen tech boards. I sent him an e-mail asking when and if he will have a programmable pcm available for LS2/LS7's (58x reluctor wheel). Thanks for your help!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah he is a Very Nice Guy.

I too wish there was an option for the road runner on the ls7 but i dont think it would be possible. Not enough room in the computer for the roadrunner device. But you just never know.