Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPS Idle Voltage Fluctuates?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TPS Idle Voltage Fluctuates?

Is this normal? My idle voltage jumps from around .55-.57 volts. Wot goes from 4.65-4.68. Wot reads 100% at all times, but my idle can jump from 0-1% back to 0% and so forth. I know the TB blade is NOT moving, ie throttle cable too tight, ect... I Have a 224/224 cam and headers. Can I conclude my TP Sensor is shot, or does the computer understand these variations?
Paul
Old 03-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

This is your TPS sensor. I don't think ~1% fluctuations are going to be a big deal. As you stated it's not like you are going in and out of WOT because of it.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

But if it's not at 0% will the car use the normal idle tables? I'm trying to track down some idle issues. If I start off in first gear to get moving, then let off the clutch quickly, the idle will shoot down under the commanded idle rpm, almost die, then back up, overshoot and so forth. I've adjusted my timing corrections to be more aggressive and my iac is in line. I have a sintered iron ram clutch so I really can't slip my clutch, it's either off or on. I think that has something to do with it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Throttle follower is what you are describing. Is the TPS moving beyond .51%? If so, then you can account for it in the table by just adjusting the second cell (0, .51, 1.02...etc) What software are you using?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

I'm using HP Tuner v2.1. I haven't messed with the throttle follower tables. Are you referring to Throttle Follower Airflow vs TPS, or the decay/delay rates? I'm really not sure how these tables effect my problem so I don't know what looks right. I dont know how to paste the table so I loaded it as an attatchment if you want to take a look. BTW the tps is responding correctly in relation to pedal pressure in volts and % of open. Thanks.Paul
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Throttle follow airflow vs TPS.txt (190 Bytes, 103 views)

Last edited by AllThrottle4U; 03-11-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Exactly. The txt file you posted told me you have no difference in the first few cells so I really don't think that is the problem. This kind of surging you are describing would make me revisit your VE table in SD. Turn off all the bad actors and get that VE table as best you can along with spark via the bidrectional control. What WBO2 are you using?
Old 03-12-2007, 12:15 AM
12 Second Club

My VE was done by narrow band o2's around a year ago. I got frustrated and gave up before getting it perfect. I bought the lc-1, but haven't installed it yet. I don't have the upgraded mpvi pro cable yet. I really wanted to wait for the black box logging before going back to HP Tuners with more money. My Laptop's on it's way out. I'll order a cable or try hooking it up through the egr input. You seem extremely knowledgeable with tuning. Have you looked under
Airflow-->dynamic air--> You'll see (dynamic airflow)which has quite a few paramaters for idle, Zones 1,2 .... ----(steady state)which seems to have more on idle vs map, tcs, vss delta's, ect... Would it be worth messing with that stuff so theres not such narrow ranges for things to (KICK) in. Just my 2 cents. Paul
Old 03-12-2007, 04:28 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Don't take this the wrong way Paul but, trying to do your VE table with NBO2's is like hearding cats. The EGR hookup w/ the LC-1 is definitely the way to go. The support airflow, spark, and other tables are nice but there is no subsitute for a spot on VE table. Mind the most important part of VE tuning is ensuring you are in Open Loop Speed Density by forcing a MAF failure, raising the Closed Loop temp enable, and disabling PE (set to 1). At that point all of your commanded fueling will come off of your Commanded fueling when in open loop table which will need to be reset accordingly. Understanding how the WB sensor works is key to proper installation and operation. Go check out www.wbo2.com, search or for lsu4.

Quick Reply: TPS Idle Voltage Fluctuates?