PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daily driver w/ 100 wet kit not used much. street tune or n2o tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default daily driver w/ 100 wet kit not used much. street tune or n2o tune?

i got my wet kit hooked up but i drive my car alot and only use the kit to play around. should i spend extra money to have it tuned for the nitrous or just to a regular tune and make sure the a/f is ok so i don't mess it up with the nitrous?

im pretty sure that with a nitrous tune, they would do a/f and timing on the nitrous and if it was adjusted to the nitrous, wouldn't i lose the NA power a little bit? am i just over thinking here?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Regular

they wil pull timing for the nos tun. the efilive has a custom os that will allow you to have both a na tune and nos tune. when you arm nos it switchs over to the nos and when you switch it off it goes back to na tune.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Launching!

ok that clears up 100% of my questions thanks.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

For sure, why settle for driving around on the motor with reduced timing? Or run the risk of running too much timing on the juice?

Custom OS #5 is the way to go baby!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dogger
they wil pull timing for the nos tun. the efilive has a custom os that will allow you to have both a na tune and nos tune. when you arm nos it switchs over to the nos and when you switch it off it goes back to na tune.
Dang i learn somethig new everyday. Can you only do this with efi live?? The guys around here just run on nitrous tunes. If they dont have any juice the're pretty much screwed.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Launching!

just to show how different setups work...efilive here as well...took a while to get the tune on spray to get close to motor timing,but in the end it was worth the effort...

i run a 100 shot wet kit on the same timing(24 degrees)motor or spray no tune switching...i have too since the custom o.s.#5 is not a 1mb file yet for the 2004 gto...

Last edited by brokenfly; 02-02-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Launching!

so if i get it tuned, i should probably just take the timing as close to motor tune as possible with it still being reasonable for n2o?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Launching!

keep in mind what works for me might be total disaster for you so tread careful in the world of unknown tunes...(which is why i got my own PLX wideband and software;Efilive)...

for me it worked out over a period of 25+ motor and n2o passes and a lot of logging with efilive before i got my n2o timing as close as possible to my NA timing...
i started out at less than motor timing(16-18) and worked my way up to where it is now never getting over 26 degrees at any time)...i just wanted a 100-150 shot tune that worked good enough for both NA and n2o so i wouldn't have to switch back and forth all the time...

if you are getting it dyno tuned,then do it all there and get it right before you leave...