Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

efi live not matching logworks afr

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default efi live not matching logworks afr

hi, i am having a problem getting a reading from my lc1. i am using efi live v1 and my external analog volts is .1 at idle. when i rev the car up i only get a small increase in voltage. I switched over to log works and it says i am ideling around 14. range and is responding well. i have the lm programmer set up for .883 at 10afr and 4.216 at 20. where should i start to look for the problem.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Dynojet Fan

ill take a look and post back here later
Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 526 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyblue
hi, i am having a problem getting a reading from my lc1. i am using efi live v1 and my external analog volts is .1 at idle. when i rev the car up i only get a small increase in voltage. I switched over to log works and it says i am ideling around 14. range and is responding well. i have the lm programmer set up for .883 at 10afr and 4.216 at 20. where should i start to look for the problem.
I have never had any luck getting an LC1 to output analog voltage while connected to Logworks. I'm not even sure if you are supposed to be able to do both at once, although I have read of people doing just that.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

it doesnt ouput voltage after i disconnect logworks also
Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 AM
FormerVendor

You have to calibrate the input of your EFI Live unit to the output of the LC-1 for your vehicles ground offset. There is a procedure and software installed in the EFI Live program for doing this.

When you are looking at the analog data in EFI Live compared to the logworks (digital output of the LC-1) and there is a split becouse you did not calibrate it, then the error is on the analog side, and logworks is showing the correct AFR
Old 05-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

thanks, does anybody have a link or can describe how to recalibrate for ground offsets. would ground offsets make that big of a difference, .1 volts at idle is around a 7.6 afr and logworks is showing around 14 afr. that would be around 2.5 volts
Old 05-02-2008, 06:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by speedyblue
thanks, does anybody have a link or can describe how to recalibrate for ground offsets. would ground offsets make that big of a difference, .1 volts at idle is around a 7.6 afr and logworks is showing around 14 afr. that would be around 2.5 volts
If i understand correctly, you are showing 14 afr on logworks, but EFI Live is displaying 7.6?

If that is the case chances are it is not a ground offset problem, probably something in the wiring on that analog channel
Old 05-02-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
You have to calibrate the input of your EFI Live unit to the output of the LC-1 for your vehicles ground offset. There is a procedure and software installed in the EFI Live program for doing this.
Where in EFILive is this procedure? I see the LC-1 tutorial but nothing on the ground offset.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 05-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

ok ,i emailed felipe from innovate and he told me to check the lc1 by setting anolog outs to 2 volts. i did as he descibed and the scanner showed 2 volts so he says the lc1 is good. so then i went back and programmed the anolog outs back to the .883 at 10 and 4.216 at 20. started the engine and analog volts went to 2.3 and dropped to 2.0 and froze at that voltage. it would not change from that voltage. anybody had any similar problems. i seen i some other post about noise from the ignition sytem interfering with the signal. if i cant figure this thing out i might have to go to a different brand wideband because i am ready to start tuning this car.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Which LC-1 do you have? 7 wire or, 6? Power and ground are extremely important when trying to employ a third party data logger such as EFI Live. Unfortuneatly, Innovate does not get into specifics on using their products with other manufacturer's equipment in their official documentation.

The important fact of the matter is this...The serial information delivered directly by the sensor it'self is presented to you, the would be go fast, get hot chicks LSX owner, in the LC-1's own software known as LogWorks. If you see a descrepancy btw LogWorks and your datalogger, the datalogger is displaying the error in the form of a voltage offset.

Simply put, the LC-1 is a precision power supply and EFI Live is a precision voltmeter.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

i have the 6 wire version.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

its working now, i dont know exactly where the problem was, but i used a different 12volt source and switched to the brown analog 2 output. then i went through back through the first time use instructions for collecting calibration info and it is showing correct analog voltage. yeeeeehaaaaaaaw thanks for the help

Quick Reply: efi live not matching logworks afr