Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Tuner Shop In The Country?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Tuner Shop In The Country?

I'm going to be blunt and straight forward and hopefully someone can help! I am willing to trailer my car within the lower 48 to the best LS1 tuner in the country, to tune my car. I've spent a boat load of money building a LS1 solid roller nitrous motor with the best parts available. I don't want an average or beginner tuner "trying" to tune the car and end up with an average tune and a slow car which had major issues. Been there, done that and that's not for me!

If you know of a shop or a person I can contract, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are that serious, I'd get a real EFI system and call Don Bailey, Steve Petty, or Job Spetter. All three have a good history of tuning fast cars.

If you are that serious too, you can't tune it and never touch it again. That is what makes a great tuner. Knowing how to read a track and apply the power.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I believe we also have one of the best tuners. We tune 700rwhp cars on a daily basis and have tuned many 900+ cars. Right now as we speak Jim is tuning a direct port vette. If you have any questions email Larry@speedinc.com or jim@speedinc.com
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

lots of good tuners on this site, most of them just "lurk" here and there. i would personally recommend Ed Wright in Tulsa, OK. www.fastchip.com is his site. he only tunes GM's and has seen/done it all. i know of a car from northern MO he tuned, a solid roller 346 NA made way over 500rwhp, can't remember exact numbers....he tuned my car, and will be doing it again in a couple months
Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

The question I have for you is what computer you're using. If it's a stand alone (FAST XFI, BIGSTUFF3, etc.) or a stock computer. Depending on that, you're going to have a few options.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get a standalone and get a hold of Bob Kurgan or Don Bailey.

If anyone recommends a tuner named Corey Simpson to you, slap them for me.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don Bailey's name came up twice. Who is he and what shop does he work for? If I need to I will purchase Bigstuff 3. Right now I have a stock pcm.
I've had 2 Ed Wright tunes. His dyno tunes was good and I was please with it, several years ago. The second one was a mail order tune and the car never ran right. Nothing personal against him as he knows his stuff but I would prefer someone who will tune with nitrous.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don Bailey tune some of the fastest turbo and nitrous cars in the country, he is a privater. He does not work for any shop. He is also very busy, you might try turboforums.com. He gets on there sometimes.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob at www.exoticperformanceplus.com is good also. And he actually answers his phone and replies to email. Go figure.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Bob at www.exoticperformanceplus.com is good also. And he actually answers his phone and replies to email. Go figure.
I viewed there site for LS1 cars and it looks like they tune for everything but nitrous if I'm reading there site correctly.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:56 PM

I would recommend Brian Wall From wallsrodcustom He is the guy you would want for tuning your nitous or turbo combo! Mike Wood from NX express personally hauled his car to there dyno facility to have them tune and set up his direct port ls7. I currently have my Twin Turbo Saturn Sky there for the whole build and tune. we just made 960 to the wheels with my street tune and the drivability is excellent! Just take a look at the pics section on this shop and i think you will find that these guys know what there doing. They have 5 ls7 corvettes at there shop over the last 3 days that i have stopped in, 2 of them are heavy spray!

Last edited by horist; 07-09-2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: non sponsor url
Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, thanks for the information. I looked them up and there in Canada, so that is out of the question.

Last edited by Cliff; 07-09-2008 at 10:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Tuner Shop In The Country?