Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011 | 03:35 PM

Default Headers

What are the best headers to put on my 5.7 V8 Ls1 firebird 2000?.. That will increase my hp
Old 04-07-2011 | 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Best - ARH, Kook, Stainless Works

Cheaper, but still good - Pacesetter
Old 04-08-2011 | 03:42 PM
'Bird Director

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

Please utilize the search feature of this site. You will find the answer to your question.
Old 04-08-2011 | 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BBK nice quality, easy fitment. Plus it comes with its own ORY pipe.
Old 04-08-2011 | 05:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Please utilize the search feature of this site. You will find the answer to your question.
its always amazing the people who just cant help.. That would be you turd
Old 04-08-2011 | 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by indyboom
I think it's much more amazing how lazy some people are, and expect everything to be handed to them. There is a thread sticky for exhaust that talks about headers, plus a TON of threads that talk about them.
Old 04-10-2011 | 07:14 AM
'Bird Director

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

Originally Posted by indyboom
Turd huh? As a moderator it's my duty to make sure that the same topic isn't regurgitated over and over with new threads. We don't need each forum filling up with threads discussing topics that have already been discussed numerous times. In regards to this particular thread, the information would be better sought in the Gen III External Engine thread.

Originally Posted by gocartone
I think it's much more amazing how lazy some people are, and expect everything to be handed to them. There is a thread sticky for exhaust that talks about headers, plus a TON of threads that talk about them.
Thank you! Someone who gets it!
Old 04-10-2011 | 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Turd huh? As a moderator it's my duty to make sure that the same topic isn't regurgitated over and over with new threads. We don't need each forum filling up with threads discussing topics that have already been discussed numerous times. In regards to this particular thread, the information would be better sought in the Gen III External Engine thread.

Thank you! Someone who gets it!
Try TACT mr important moderator. No one but you and your mod gang care about the importance of your "never ending dutys". Ten point to the moon for you
Old 04-10-2011 | 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Back on topic: OP, pretty much any Long Tube 1 3/4" header and Y-pipe will help your car out. While you're at it, remove the EGR and AIR systems and sell the Cats. A tune will really help when you put the headers on so have the EGR, AIR and rear O2s deleted at the same time. While you're doing exhaust work, swap the muffler out because any aftermarket one will flow better than stock. Everyone has their own opinions on brand names, so search around on here and see what everyone says about fitment and leaks etc.
Old 04-10-2011 | 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Back on topic: OP, pretty much any Long Tube 1 3/4" header and Y-pipe will help your car out. While you're at it, remove the EGR and AIR systems and sell the Cats. A tune will really help when you put the headers on so have the EGR, AIR and rear O2s deleted at the same time. While you're doing exhaust work, swap the muffler out because any aftermarket one will flow better than stock. Everyone has their own opinions on brand names, so search around on here and see what everyone says about fitment and leaks etc.
great point!! Def worth the effort after its said and done
Old 04-11-2011 | 12:17 AM

Thanxs guys I appreciate all tha help. I don't really kno how to work this web site that's why I asked.
Old 04-11-2011 | 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For exhaust sounds go to ls1sounds.com
Old 04-12-2011 | 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

can I just ask a follow up question toy ou guys out there... I want to put in a nice exhaust system too headers/pipes/muffler, but im afraid it wont pass smog in a couple years.. Im new to the F-Body scene. What would u guys suggest for a build that is nice sounding and will pass smog. Im only asking this because when i went to SLP's website they had disclaimers about having illegal exhaust.. And since im in California, we know how crazy this state is on emissions standards
Old 04-12-2011 | 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98TransAmAngryBird
can I just ask a follow up question toy ou guys out there... I want to put in a nice exhaust system too headers/pipes/muffler, but im afraid it wont pass smog in a couple years.. Im new to the F-Body scene. What would u guys suggest for a build that is nice sounding and will pass smog. Im only asking this because when i went to SLP's website they had disclaimers about having illegal exhaust.. And since im in California, we know how crazy this state is on emissions standards
i was in the same boat as you.. i got some hooker LT's and True duals.. Make sure when you buy headers, they come with the EGR & A.I.R fittings and use them, Alot of headers do anyways (Pacesetter,Hooker,BBK).. Also regardless if you use a Ypipe or Duals, get cats aswell.. Get some high flow cats so you dont defeat the purpose of getting LTs and an exhaust system.
Old 04-12-2011 | 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

^ That's basically it. Extending the rear O2s will likely be needed for LT headers if the company doesn't send plug-n-play extensions.
Old 04-13-2011 | 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys.... awesome
Old 04-13-2011 | 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

I don't think you are going to pass in CA with long tubes and high flow cats, you will have to find out from someone in the state though.
Old 04-13-2011 | 05:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

All depends on your budget and the legal limitations in your area, Im running 1 3/4 ARH LT's, love em but they cost me an arm and a leg, you get what you pay for though I guess

Quick Reply: Headers