Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

where to buy (certain) exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy (certain) exhaust tips

right now i have the oval power effects exhaust tips on my t/a, they have a 4-bolt flange on them and that how they are hooked up, i am looking for some exhaust tips that really stand out and are louder a bit, i want the stock looking tips with 2 pipes on each side, but bigger than stock, would also know if there are any sold with the 4-bolt flange or would i need ot cut it off my exhaust to hook up the tips?

i could use some websites since i have no idea where to look, the cheaper and good quality ones are always preferred lol but any would do that fit my criteria will do
Old 07-11-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corsa Clone tips from 6LE

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=112

Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

You didn't mention the year of your 'bird, but '98-'02 fourth-gen birds didn't come from the factory with the "dual splitter" exhaust tips. They had really boring-looking single semi-oval shaped tips.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

and those oval tips look horrible...like they have AIDS or something. I have a spare set of SLP dual/dual tips in great shape if thats what you are looking for.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

its a 94, ya right now i have the oval power effects tips, and dont like how they look, i like those corsa clones though, really fills out the space
Old 07-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

oh and the website for the clones doesnt quite say, but is the price for 1 or both? im thinking just for 1 but want to make sure

btw, in the 3rd picture down with the red t/a, what is that called thats on the rear bumper that looks like it hooks up to the bottom of it?

Last edited by boostedskyline; 07-12-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by boostedskyline
oh and the website for the clones doesnt quite say, but is the price for 1 or both? im thinking just for 1 but want to make sure

btw, in the 3rd picture down with the red t/a, what is that called thats on the rear bumper that looks like it hooks up to the bottom of it?
The price is for a pair. If you are referring to the 2 tone color of the T/A bumper, that is just what is commonly called the CETA mod. There are many members who paint the lower half of the bumper satin black to mimic the CETA T/A. I personally think it looks good and plan to eventually do it as well.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

alright cool, looks like ill be ordering that, and i was planning on painting it either with spray paint or plasti-dip, but if i could find a cheap diffuser or whatever it is i'd go that route
Old 07-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

ok im ordering the pair today, IT IS $135 FOR A PAIR? just making sure, im ordering now since i literally just got in from doing the CETA mod, letting paint dry a bit

and how flexible is the metal? im planning on getting it 3" inlet to slip over the pipes which look like 2.5/2.75" and want to know how easily it will "clamp" around the exhaust pipe
Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

ok im ordering the pair today, IT IS $135 FOR A PAIR? just making sure, im ordering now since i literally just got in from doing the CETA mod, letting paint dry a bit
The base price is $135. If you want the 4" OD like the ones on my car in the pic above with the 3" ID, that will add $30 to the price. There is also the $20 shipping charge so the grand total would come to be $185 out the door.

and how flexible is the metal? im planning on getting it 3" inlet to slip over the pipes which look like 2.5/2.75" and want to know how easily it will "clamp" around the exhaust pipe
They are made out of 304 Stainless Steel so they will be fairly rigid. I would suggest having them welded. Would hate to be booking down the highway and have one fly off.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

ok, im going to need to add some more length since it wouldnt be long enough, how did u adjust it on there and get it looking right before getting it welded? how did u keep it in place without moving the tip around? dont want it to come out looking shitty
Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 AM
TECH Resident

ok, im going to need to add some more length since it wouldnt be long enough, how did u adjust it on there and get it looking right before getting it welded? how did u keep it in place without moving the tip around? dont want it to come out looking shitty
I took it to Midas and had them do the welding. They put it on the lift and a guy had me stand behind the car while he adjusted it until I told him it was where I wanted it then he tacked it in place so it would stay put for the full bead to be put in afterward.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

and would midas have extra stainless steel exhaust piping laying around since i would need it to be longer, i was thinking to cut the current tip off, place the piping and tip on and mark it with a marker where exactly i want it at (angle and whatnot) and then take it off the muffler and take it to get welded, that sound good?
Old 07-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

sorry for all the questions, i like to have everything planned out before buying anything
Old 07-14-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

and would midas have extra stainless steel exhaust piping laying around since i would need it to be longer, i was thinking to cut the current tip off, place the piping and tip on and mark it with a marker where exactly i want it at (angle and whatnot) and then take it off the muffler and take it to get welded, that sound good?
I don't know if they would have stainless laying around or not, I would call a local exhaust shop to ask. You could try taking it off to have it welded but you run the risk of things not lining up once you go to put everything back together. Personally I would have the tips positioned while the exhaust is on the car, less chance of them ending up at an odd angle. But that is completely up to you.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

ya i was planning on fixing it up with the exhaust on the car then taking it off to go get welded, well alright thanks, i'll get things figured out lol
Old 07-14-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

ya i was planning on fixing it up with the exhaust on the car then taking it off to go get welded, well alright thanks, i'll get things figured out lol
Good luck with getting it all together!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

need to find some good tips also that arent insane on the price tag
Old 07-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

im going with the corsa clones, they by far look the best, really fills out the space, unless u like oval tips
Old 07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I love my ssclones tips. 3.5" outlet and the 3" inlet fit my tialpipes perfectly.

Quick Reply: where to buy (certain) exhaust tips