Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Junked 2002 SLP Firehawk. What parts are popular to sell?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junked 2002 SLP Firehawk. What parts are popular to sell?

I'm selling the SLP Firehawk OE hood latch, intake/exhaust "nostril" grills, and metal nose emblem next week. I'm looking to find what other items off these specific cars are desired. The hood is cracked and missing a chunk from the front and not sale-able nor mailable. The SLP labels on the drivers side door is faded and there is no label on the passenger side as I've read is supposed to be. The engine and transmission are gone. So are the honeycomb tailights and tires/wheels. No 1LE suspension, no upgraded brakes. I know if I had the VIN I could check all of the options, but I don't. The label that's typically found under the console lid isn't there. Any other parts that are popular?

Also, it has the leather power drivers seat with the lumbar adjustments for the driver and passenger. Both seats are trashed, if I remove the drivers seat track and lumbar bladders for dvr & pass and lumbar pump motor, can these be exchanged into regular style of Firebird seats?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the trunk hatch/spoiler is kinda desirable. the T/A had a high rise compared to the formula and firebird
Old 03-17-2014, 12:09 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-FBody
the trunk hatch/spoiler is kinda desirable. the T/A had a high rise compared to the formula and firebird
Most Firehawks had the stock spoiler... the special Firehawk spoiler was, for the most part, optional and didn't get put on many of the cars. I don't think many people even saw one in the wild until the 10th Anniversary Firehawks hit the streets. That's the first one I ever saw.

Other than the hood and the wheels, the rest of the car is pretty much stock F-Body, so the same parts you'd sell off a regular car would be the good sellers here.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 03-17-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Most Firehawks had the stock spoiler... the special Firehawk spoiler was, for the most part, optional and didn't get put on many of the cars. I don't think many people even saw one in the wild until the 10th Anniversary Firehawks hit the streets. That's the first one I ever saw.
Well if you are referring to the IROC spoiler, that would because it first arrived on the 10th's. After that it was optional on the 02's.

99's and 00's were offered with the OL' Lumpy spoiler, but that was completely different.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The airbox, front sway bar, and exhaust (assuming SLP dual/dual) would both be desirable parts as well. If the car came with bilstein shocks or SLP floor mats they would also be desirable.

Last edited by MasterTomos; 03-18-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Post it up the the parts section and see what people want.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by z-camaro
Well if you are referring to the IROC spoiler, that would because it first arrived on the 10th's. After that it was optional on the 02's.

99's and 00's were offered with the OL' Lumpy spoiler, but that was completely different.
Yeah, the lumpy one is the one I'm talking about. I don't think there are many cars out there with that spoiler.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:28 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
The airbox
A Firehawk airbox is the same as a standard Trans Am.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
A Firehawk airbox is the same as a standard Trans Am.
Unless it has the SLP/Donaldson Blackwing Airlid.
And the OP is new here, with no posts. So posting a thread in the For Sale section isn't going to happen any day soon, ...

Wheels &, ..., shet, sounds like everything else is already trashed, ...
Check the passenger side door for the SLP tag & see if you can read the 2nd sticker options.

Do you know what the car number was?
Can you PM the VIN to me so we can record it as totaled in the registry?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:48 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

If this is an attempt to bypass the new member rule of 50 worthwhile posts and/or 6 months membership before posting items for sale, then I will be forced to close this thread. You can discuss the parts in here, but please no sales.

Quick Reply: Junked 2002 SLP Firehawk. What parts are popular to sell?