TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

does this help you?
http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssem...ing=head+lamps

Old 02-17-2015, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 165 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bleepster
That is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you!!
Old 02-17-2015, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

No problem
Old 02-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Seems like we may have the same issue with wiring on T/A

I also have a L/H, R/H, headache. My headlamps and horn don't work after cleaning my engine. Had to wire a temp horn to my fuse box for inspection, but this makes me crazy knowing that all 3 work when hooked directly to battery.

I did have light connector problems, but replaced the ones that were melted Made sure all splices were secure. Let's just say, after many headaches, and elimination, I'm at a loss of power at fuse box as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have a fix for this issue just yet. My lovely car seems to find other ways to keep me busy. Never to long on just one problem, when you can have endless supply of new headaches.

After all my reading I was just excited to have someone with my problem. Now, I'm only hoping that you may get some answers and fix the problem,and of course repost the solution. Hopefully before I set mine on fire. lol

Best of luck!!!! Fox
Old 02-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found my problem with it. You see with the 1988 wiring, the headlight doors and horn are on a hot at all times feed. With 1998 wiring (I believe) it is only key on feed. So essentially I got power to everything as soon as I turned the key on.--- I was being stupid. I think with your issue it could be a fusible link. Or you had a loose wire and when you were washing the car perhaps you jostled something
Old 02-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Default Darn the Luck!

What's a fuseable link?

And by the way, my car is a 2000 Pontiac T/A.

In my fuse box under my hood, Left head lamp door, right head lamp door, horn, and my starter are the only ones that won't light up when checked. But, obviously my starter does.
Glad you worked out your problems.

Fox
Old 02-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Thanks. I'm thinking you may be right about that fusible link.

I have had to wire and rewire things cause I couldn't find new, or maybe afford the ridiculous prices people want for used parts. Some in worse shape than mine were.

Any ways, I really appreciate you replying.

The sad thing is, I think I may have done away with this link in my wiring not knowing the importance. Of course I don't have a clue which or where that took place. Been dealing with this for over a year now.

Thanks Again!!!
Fox
Old 03-05-2015, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I recently replaced a headlight motor on the passenger side, and now one light flips up and the other flips down, i checked the arm and it's installed correctly, when i turn the **** on the new motor clockwise it goes down, count-clockwise it goes up same my other T/A but when flipping the light switch, it goes the opposite direction of my other motor.

Ive tried pulling the fuse and making the other come up then putting it back in, unplugged the harness on the new one and tried to make them sync that way, also tried rolling the new motor up with the **** while the other is up. every time it goes the opposite direction of the other side.

could i have a bad headlight motor?
Old 03-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by mike171562
could i have a bad headlight motor?
No. If you are sure that the arm is on correctly, your motor could be wired backwards. That's an easy fix. Just use a paper clip to dislodge the red and black motor wires from the connector and reverse them. You should be able to compare the connectors on both sides of the car. The red and black wires should be in the same positions since the part number is identical for either side.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wssix99
No. If you are sure that the arm is on correctly, your motor could be wired backwards. That's an easy fix. Just use a paper clip to dislodge the red and black motor wires from the connector and reverse them. You should be able to compare the connectors on both sides of the car. The red and black wires should be in the same positions since the part number is identical for either side.

thanks for the advice, i switched the pins on the harness and voila!

now my other T/A has a bad headlight control module, its located next to the fuse box. anybody have one of these for sale?
Old 03-18-2015, 04:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mike171562
thanks for the advice, i switched the pins on the harness and voila!

now my other T/A has a bad headlight control module, its located next to the fuse box. anybody have one of these for sale?
Don't know if u posted the yr of your T\A, but mine is a 2000 T\A and I am also in need of H\L control module.
You wouldn't by chance know what all this module control's would you?
Anybody? Else?....
If you find somewhere or someone that has th ESE modules for sale, please repost cuz I'm definitely in need. I haven't gotten that for yet. Hoping you get lucky and then our post would be that awesome find for sum very frustrated T\A owner. Lol
Seriously though if you or anybody else could maybe school me on what all this Lil jewel we're after controls, would be super. Not only do my headlamps not work, but my horn, and I think maybe the starter have no fire.
I'm just wanting to be done with this project cuz god knows I've got plenty more.
Waiting patiently. Not!

FOX
Old 03-18-2015, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foxjena
Don't know if u posted the yr of your T\A, but mine is a 2000 T\A and I am also in need of H\L control module.
You wouldn't by chance know what all this module control's would you?
Anybody? Else?....
If you find somewhere or someone that has th ESE modules for sale, please repost cuz I'm definitely in need. I haven't gotten that for yet. Hoping you get lucky and then our post would be that awesome find for sum very frustrated T\A owner. Lol
Seriously though if you or anybody else could maybe school me on what all this Lil jewel we're after controls, would be super. Not only do my headlamps not work, but my horn, and I think maybe the starter have no fire.
I'm just wanting to be done with this project cuz god knows I've got plenty more.
Waiting patiently. Not!

FOX

I found mine on ebay for 20 bucks used. From what i understand, the module controls power to the lights and stops power when they hit the bump stops.
you may be able to open yours up and repair it if you see anything obvious. I believe they are the same for 98-02 firebird/TransAms

some more info here.
http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/elect...odule-fix.html

Last edited by mike171562; 03-18-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Much appreciated. I was kinda hoping you was going to tell me of a parts store that miraculously had a huge supply of T/A parts on hand. Some where that I didn't have to wait.
That's not asking a lot? Huh. It's not like I'm not having to visit 2 of them today for other parts.
The reason I was asking what the module controls is cuz when I check fuses, both headlamps, horn, and starter aren't showing power. But I appreciate the reply and I may try and take it apart or either check ebay. I've got to fix my power steering first.
Thanks again!!!
Fox
Old 03-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Default passenger headlight low/high beam not working

2002 Trans AM WS6 is having problem. My driver side headlight low/high beam works. Fog light works. Fog lights turns off when it goes into high beam on switch. I replaced both high/low beam bulb at passenger side with no luck. Daylight running on both high beam and low beam on both side with no problem. Passenger motor has no sound and it flips up and down with no problem.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by mousetom78
2002 Trans AM WS6 is having problem. My driver side headlight low/high beam works. Fog light works. Fog lights turns off when it goes into high beam on switch. I replaced both high/low beam bulb at passenger side with no luck. Daylight running on both high beam and low beam on both side with no problem. Passenger motor has no sound and it flips up and down with no problem.
I'd first check for corrosion in the motor connector. (The bulb wires go through the same connector.)
Old 03-26-2015, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Default New headlight motors and they still pop-up

I know there is a sticky but i cant find a solution. I got brand new headlight motors with brand new gears and they still occasionally pop up after locking, un locking and fog lights. Pissing me off. Please help
Old 03-26-2015, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

inside the motor there is a piece of plastic for the gear, I replaced the plastic gear with a brass one (back in 2000) and haven't had a issue since
Old 04-12-2015, 02:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wssix99

How do you know its on correctly or in the correct start position? I installed a new motor on drivers side, no issue. Installed 3 (Oreilly's Refurbished) on passenger side. One was bad and two worked up/down fine just opposite or out of sync. When I installed the last two, I put the arm on straight and the end was tight against the bottom stop (Basically straight out , same as driver side) I don't know if I'm doing it or the refurbished motors are wired backwards. Decided to just buy a new one and want to make sure I don't strip the new gear by missing arm placement.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:19 AM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTZ
How do you know its on correctly or in the correct start position? I installed a new motor on drivers side, no issue. Installed 3 (Oreilly's Refurbished) on passenger side. One was bad and two worked up/down fine just opposite or out of sync. When I installed the last two, I put the arm on straight and the end was tight against the bottom stop (Basically straight out , same as driver side) I don't know if I'm doing it or the refurbished motors are wired backwards. Decided to just buy a new one and want to make sure I don't strip the new gear by missing arm placement.
You check the other (good) side of the car. If the arms rotate through the same range of motion and start and stop at the same place on the stops, then you could have the backwards wiring. (It seems to be a common thing.)
Old 04-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Was unhappy with my stock 97 TA headlights as most of you. Went to cheap pseudo projector headlights with H4 bulbs. From there I went to use HID bulbs which brightened things up but the beams went all over.

After a lot of research on projector sizes and not willing to pay the prices for some of the upgrades out there, I ended up buying 2 Morimoto Matchbox projectors. I felt they would fit into an existing Ebay headlight as space is very tight when the lights flip down.

Got another set of Ebay cheapos headlights.

Tried to heat the lights with a heating gun which did not work and as the glass lens was too bridle. While trying to separate them pieces of glass would chip off. Read that soaking them in gasoline would soften the sealant. After a week submersed did the trick. May take less than that. It also made the chrome coating easier to remove.

Closed the 4 small holes with JB weld and the bigger one with a rubber grommet and painted the inside high temp flat black.

Quick Reply: Firebird Headlights--ALL COMMENTS/QUESTIONS REGARDING HEADLIGHTS GO IN HERE