Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Great looking 4th gen LT1 Formulas or V6 Firebirds?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great looking 4th gen LT1 Formulas or V6 Firebirds?

Hi,

What are you favorite great looking 4th gen LT1 Formulas and Firebirds? Specially something not stock. I don't mean some funky body kit. But maybe some interesting paint job or wrap, interesting color combo or even livery. If the body kit is tasteful or only subdued ground effects, it's fine too. But something special, outside of just the stock look.

I'm looking for inspiration. So if you know of a great looking one, please post a picture. But only 1993-1997 and only Fomulas or Firebirds. No Trans Ams please. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2017, 02:42 AM
Teching In

For example, IMO one of the best looking Firebirds is the Hurst Lingenfelter.

That is IMO not only the best looking Firebird but the best looking 4th gen F-body.

Has anybody topped it? It doesn't need to be an official car. It can also be an one of or individual custom.
Attached Thumbnails Great looking 4th gen LT1 Formulas or V6 Firebirds?-hurst_lingenfelter_trans_am_4.jpg  
Old 05-07-2017, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Name:  496200326_pdXub-L.jpg
Views: 5457
Size:  123.8 KB
Old 05-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Thanks for posting the pictures. Yes the Firehawk is up there with the best looking Firebirds. Although I still prefer the Hurst.

The red one I also already knew. It has that body kit, which the name of the vendor I can't remember right now. But it was a pretty common body kit back in the day. I just don't think it is as slick and classy as the W68 used in the Hurst. But it is still a good looking bird.

Like I said I think it will be hard to beat the Hurst. I googled for hours and couldn't find anything that looked better. But it's hard to find random pictures. So maybe somebody will show up with something.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Not much love around here for the streamlined birds I see.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't think there are many LT1 Formulas and most people that drive V6 birds are not into performance or mods. They just drive their V6 cars, note I did not say all.

I can appreciate what you are doing and wish you luck with your ride! ;-)
Old 05-09-2017, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

well, I'll chime in. this is my ride. yeah - its a V6 but the wife n I love it, and it makes us happy. Had a custom bird put on the hood. has won us some awards at local car shows.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firefour
The red one I also already knew. It has that body kit, which the name of the vendor I can't remember right now. But it was a pretty common body kit back in the day. I just don't think it is as slick and classy as the W68 used in the Hurst. But it is still a good looking bird.:
If I remember correctly it's got the trans am rear bumper, side skirts, and a wings west front spoiler.
always liked the look. I prefer the formula bumper.

here's my formula
crappy pic in the parking lot at work.
lol

Quick Reply: Great looking 4th gen LT1 Formulas or V6 Firebirds?