Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Ready to burn this car to the ground

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was going to say go for a new charger, or the 300c srt8. saw one at the auto show on the weekend. the interior in the new 300s (given its black interior and nothing else) is gorgeous.

it took years and years, but chrysler finally got a car right. the new 300 srt8 is just a ******* straight up beautiful car. faster, better looking, and better sounding than a 5th gen. not sure what the price is though. and the jeep srt8 is just the same, even a earlier model (08,09 something like that) is beautiful. Srt8s always looked good. But i cant get my ****** mind off the new one. theyre quite low from the factory too. GOD i want that car. Interior is better than any chevy on the market today... well... maybe not the vettes, i like them. lol

anyways, sucks to hear about all that. maybe a little input from the dealer side... yes, the techs can some times be extremely retarded. but there are some that actually give a ****. Im a detailer at a GM dealer (im actually at work right now lol), and the mechanic that works on all the used pieces of **** that go through the used car dept. here, makes a point to yell at the used car manager, saying "why on ******* earth do you buy these piece of **** ******* cars, sell them, and promise them to the customer the day after when you dont even know what it needs for a safety?! ****** idiot!" ive heard that many times, and yes. its true.

for the most part, its the salesmen and managers that are the scum *****. they only care about getting the money asap. When they do what i described above, that is a lot of pressure on the mechanic, because say they promised to deliver the car tomorrow, and give it to him to do a safety at 10am, then you find out theres **** fucked all over it, hell do the best he can in that time, he yells at them saying it cant be done by 5pm tonight, and doesnt wanna waste his time AFTER 5pm staying late for these stupid ****** managers and salesmen that should have just waited to deliver the car. Then the car comes to me and im in a rush to make it look perfect for the customer. And do you think either of us get a single "thanks!" from anyone? nope. me and the mechanic just bitch about it to eachother about how ****** retarded the used car dept. is here....

youre not the only one man. trust me. good luck though.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

actually.. just wanna add. I just went back to the shop and spoke to the mechanic, hes working on an escalade thats going tonight at 5pm, they gave it to him yesterday at 12pm to have it done for this mornnig at 10am. NOT KNOWING WHAT THE THING NEEDS FOR SAFETY.

so now were in that same situation. Hes rushing, im rushing, and i just explained to him breifly your situation here...

he told me that its not the mechanics fault for the most part, unless theyre retards (like some of them are). he said, for instance, this escalade, the front right shock is leaking, BUT, hes not allowed to even say anything to anyone UNLESS its broken. Because it can pass safety if its leaking, but NOT if its broken. If it was up to him hes says hed fix it all. In the end its more work for him and more money, but thats not how stealerships work. theyre all in for the cheapest way to make the most money.

the transmission cooler line is split and leaking, THAT he has to replace, because it will eventually lead to losing all the fluid and blow the tranny.

trust me, everyone hates stealerships, on both sides of the deal, except for the people that are making the money off it. Managers and salesmen i tells ya....
Old 02-22-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well ended up taking a little drive out to Stoops today, just got back home.

Talked to Kelly (service manager), we really couldn't come to an agreement yet. Last night John was told he could *possibly* switch to the blue G8 they had. Today wasn't the same case, it may no longer be an option. The General manager Jim, said he would NOT replace the exhaust, as there was nothing wrong with it.
Kelly said they have gone above and beyond to make this car right.

I still have a slight pull (and this exhauxst issue) and ended up driving the blue G8 we previously thought had been sold. It pulled MUCH harder to the right, and had a broken hazard button. However, the transmission shifted smoother than ours! The rear fenders also buldged out a little bit.

John is expecting to hear back from GM tomorrow around 11am to see what our next step will be.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tainted

Kelly said they have gone above and beyond to make this car right.
I hate it when people say stuff like that. If they went "above and beyond" then it wouldn't have issues. That statement alone signifies what they truly think of as customer service.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
I hate it when people say stuff like that. If they went "above and beyond" then it wouldn't have issues. That statement alone signifies what they truly think of as customer service.
Laugh thats a great point lol
Old 02-22-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

I would let them know that this is public too, Im local and I sure as hell know I wont be doing any business with them if they arent gonna stand behind their product.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jrob56
I would let them know that this is public too, Im local and I sure as hell know I wont be doing any business with them if they arent gonna stand behind their product.
We told aaron the service writer (who has been great), and today pointed out the thread on g8board.com to Chris (salesman, who was also a good guy).

Havent let them know of all the threads, but that may be something we have to spill the beans on soon. Ive got over 6,000 hits between my 2 threads here and the one at g8board. May have to put it on a few others too.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

We told aaron the service writer (who has been great), and today pointed out the thread on g8board.com to Chris (salesman, who was also a good guy).

Havent let them know of all the threads, but that may be something we have to spill the beans on soon. Ive got over 6,000 hits between my 2 threads here and the one at g8board. May have to put it on a few others too.
Good, thats a lot of negative PR I wouldnt want as a manager.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 PM
9 Second Club

Well, at the risk of some disagreeing with me.... I'm actually surprised at how much support you've gotten in this thread on a performance oriented board like this.

Yea, negative publicity is always bad but some may see your complaints as leaning towards whining, maybe even a bit of buyer's remorse (which usually occurs when one reevaluates one's monthly payment..

Seems to me, and I might be a tad prejudiced since I do work at a dealer and own a modified G8, that they really have bent over backwards. It would cost them a bunch to replace the exhaust system which is really only mildly modified, to basically no purpose other than to get you to go away. It would seem that all your real complaints have been pretty much taken care of. If it pulls a bit but is aligned to specs, should they buy you new tires too? You are aware that roads are slanted rather than flat, yes?

As far as getting something more actually done, the guy you need to talk to is the used car manager. If the service manager does anything, that's who will be paying the bill so that's who is saying yay or nay to your requests, not the service manager.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wreckwriter
Yea, negative publicity is always bad but some may see your complaints as leaning towards whining, maybe even a bit of buyer's remorse (which usually occurs when one reevaluates one's monthly payment..

Seems to me, and I might be a tad prejudiced since I do work at a dealer and own a modified G8, that they really have bent over backwards. It would cost them a bunch to replace the exhaust system which is really only mildly modified, to basically no purpose other than to get you to go away. It would seem that all your real complaints have been pretty much taken care of. If it pulls a bit but is aligned to specs, should they buy you new tires too? You are aware that roads are slanted rather than flat, yes?

As far as getting something more actually done, the guy you need to talk to is the used car manager. If the service manager does anything, that's who will be paying the bill so that's who is saying yay or nay to your requests, not the service manager.
I dont think its "whining" by any means. This car was bought as a CPO and has had NOTHING but problems since the night we brought it home. And for almost $26,000 we deserve a better car than what we bought.

I dont think they have bent over backwards to do much of anything. There are TSB's for the control arms and the such, and that all would be replaced regardless. All the things they have fixed they HAD to fix.

As for the tires and pulling, we will go buy a nice set of tires for the car ourselves as tires arent covered under warranty (obviously).

The paper work we have on this car speaks for itself, they didnt check anything out on this car.

The exhaust is kinda annoying, the drone from it going in and out of dod mode makes that terrible "grrrnt" sound and since it was never even disclosed that the exhaust had been modified, I feel they should have to replace it.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I should also add again, that after driving the other G8, our transmission shifts much harder/snappier than what the other one did. I'm not sure if these is now a new thing we should watch or not, but it wasnt a noticeable difference in the driving for sure.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:39 PM
9 Second Club

<shrug> Obviously you see it differently. Perhaps you're right and I'm wrong. Its a forum, we toss out opinions, that's the nature of the beast.

Did you not drive and/or inspect the car before you bought it? I wouldn't expect you to have crawled under it, at least not very far, but the 'drone' might have been noticeable. As far as TSBs, just because a TSB exists doesn't mean its always done, or free. Its not the same as a recall.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seems to me, and I might be a tad prejudiced since I do work at a dealer and own a modified G8, that they really have bent over backwards.
As someone who worked in fixed operations for Chevrolet and Saturn, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

It would cost them a bunch to replace the exhaust system which is really only mildly modified
There are laws regarding the sale of vehicles that have had federally mandated emissions equipment removed. While I am not an attorney, these regulations exist, and I can guarantee dealerships are held to much higher responsibility than someone like you or I who sells such a vehicle. Furthermore, I have the utmost confidence that the GM CPO inspection approval requires that all original emission equipment must be in working order for the certification.

What if Tainted had a job relocation to California? There's no way he'd be able to pass inspection to register his car...

If it pulls a bit but is aligned to specs... You are aware that roads are slanted rather than flat, yes?
Using your rationale, all vehicles should pull either left or right, correct? This is not the case, however.

Tainted points out the facts rather than the excuses. The TSB's exist for a reason. This is not bending over backwards -- it's doing their job. With such logic, this dealership (and presumably the one you work for, wreckwriter) believes that doing one's job is actually going above and beyond. That's a scary thought -- and exactly why people have such trepidation when it comes to having their vehicles serviced.

At the end of the day, Tainted purchased a vehicle that was certified to be in as good or better condition than it was when it was first put into service. This is not the case. Everything else is besides the point. The car is not as promised when following the proper protocol. Period.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 PM
9 Second Club

I should also add again, that after driving the other G8, our transmission shifts much harder/snappier than what the other one did. I'm not sure if these is now a new thing we should watch or not, but it wasnt a noticeable difference in the driving for sure.
You could ask them to make sure the TCM calibration is stock. If not, they will probably be willing, if not eager, to provide you with a calibration (the stock one) that shifts very softly and slowly. Check some of the older threads on G8bored and see what most people's biggest complaint was on their new G8s.

Honestly, I hope you end up happy, either with the G8 or with something else. I expect, at this point, it'll be something else.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, at the risk of some disagreeing with me.... I'm actually surprised at how much support you've gotten in this thread on a performance oriented board like this.

Originally Posted by demonspeed
As someone who worked in fixed operations for Chevrolet and Saturn, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

There are laws regarding the sale of vehicles that have had federally mandated emissions equipment removed. While I am not an attorney, these regulations exist, and I can guarantee dealerships are held to much higher responsibility than someone like you or I who sells such a vehicle. Furthermore, I have the utmost confidence that the GM CPO inspection approval requires that all original emission equipment must be in working order for the certification.

What if Tainted had a job relocation to California? There's no way he'd be able to pass inspection to register his car...

Using your rationale, all vehicles should pull either left or right, correct? This is not the case, however.

Tainted points out the facts rather than the excuses. The TSB's exist for a reason. This is not bending over backwards -- it's doing their job. With such logic, this dealership (and presumably the one you work for, wreckwriter) believes that doing one's job is actually going above and beyond. That's a scary thought -- and exactly why people have such trepidation when it comes to having their vehicles serviced.

At the end of the day, Tainted purchased a vehicle that was certified to be in as good or better condition than it was when it was first put into service. This is not the case. Everything else is besides the point. The car is not as promised when following the proper protocol. Period.
thank you!!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:03 PM
9 Second Club

Is the exhaust now illegal, even in California? On what basis? Are the cats gone? Are the mufflers gone? Don't think so unless I missed something.

Again, its a forum, your opinion is worth exactly what mine is. Period.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the exhaust now illegal, even in California? On what basis? Are the cats gone? Are the mufflers gone? Don't think so unless I missed something.
I was under the impression that two converters were removed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Again, its a forum, your opinion is worth exactly what mine is. Period.
I'm thinking (and speaking... er... typing?) objectively. One is capable of that on the Internet
Old 02-22-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they didn't want to support the vehicle they should of sold it "AS IS" instead of CPO. It is that easy. The dealership didn't look into the vehicle when it was under their possession and honestly their laziness and negligence is their problem. They should stand by the vehicle and fix anything operationally/legally wrong with it. Minor stuff excluded of course.

I hate businesses like this. I hate it when you pay for an oil change and they jack up the price because they "performed a xxx point inspection" and you know deep inside they didn't look at your car for a second. Really they give less than two *****.

So many times I've brought my G8 into the dealer and they told me to buzz off or didn't look into the issue much but kept my car for hours and hours while I waited. So many times stuff like paying for 4 wheel alignment and they only give you two wheel. Glad there are people like Tainted that care enough to make their ordeals public so we know which guys to avoid.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dealer checked the PCM before and said it was stock. If there are any local G8 folks, would anyone be willing to meet us to compare shifting and maybe back it up with a short recorded video of the shift smoothness between the cars?

Also, we really dont *want* another car. We bought a G8 because we liked it. I just hate we got a shitty one. In reality, we are probably going to keep the car because regardless we have a 100k warranty on the powertrain so we are covered. But we will see how things continue to play out, and what breanna with GM has to say.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
9 Second Club

I was under the impression that two converters were removed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm thinking (and speaking... er... typing?) objectively. One is capable of that on the Internet
I THINK you are wrong about the cats; one of us is

Hell yea, it's the Net, we're all capable of most anything

Quick Reply: Ready to burn this car to the ground