Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

G8 GT mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G8 GT mods?

so what all is available so far such as simple bolt on's?
who are the "go to" vendors?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Roto-Fab has a really nice intake out and Magnaflow should be releasing their catback very soon. Intake, catback, and tune should get you around 50rwhp or so on these cars
Old 05-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Stolen Fox is making some good stuff from what I can tell, as well. Magnaflow's G8 catback may be out already...I thought I remembered someone saying they had it (or they could have just welded up mufflers).
Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
Roto-Fab has a really nice intake out and Magnaflow should be releasing their catback very soon. Intake, catback, and tune should get you around 50rwhp or so on these cars
WOW! are they seriously detuned from that factory?

-Chris
Old 05-08-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trukk
WOW! are they seriously detuned from that factory?

-Chris
Yes
Old 05-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Part of the problem is the dual 2.25" exhaust w/ no X-over (H or X). I imagine a full 2.5" exhaust w/ a crossover would REALLY wake up the L76.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gspfunk
Part of the problem is the dual 2.25" exhaust w/ no X-over (H or X). I imagine a full 2.5" exhaust w/ a crossover would REALLY wake up the L76.
Actually, the resonators get as small as 2" in diameter at one point.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:45 AM
Teching In

I think it's safe to say that once we see the development catching up for these cars, they'll be beasts.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:07 AM

Installed the S.F. axlebacks (magnaflow mufflers) last week. Great sound, not at all loud! Think main reason for the quiet restrictive exhaust is to eliminate the "WIERD" sound when the DOD kicks in. Sounds like it's gargling while being strangled! H-pipe should take care of most of this and will be installed Tues. Have Vector ECM as well as keeping stock ECM. Really liven ups performance and helps mileage to boot. Had bulletins done to stock ECM and TCM (08150). Originally didn't think it made a difference, but after driving the car several times, feel the tranny is smoother and less iffy in non-sport mode.
But...maybe I'm just dreamin. I originally purchased a New Era CAI, but after receiving it, was concerned that there is no forward mounting hardware to keep MAS and K & N Filter from bouncing back and forth, up and down etc. It was supposed to just rest on a foam pad. We do long trips and I didn't want any possibility of the thing accidentally pulling apart 50 mi. from nowhere! Also didn't want to "jerry rig" my own solid mounting system and screw it up worse.....They willingly accepted my return, less restocking fees, and I now have a Roto Fab CAI on the way. GREAT car as-is from factory.. Drives and rides with the best. Doesn't blow around in severe crosswinds! Fantastic car with a few tweaks!!!!

RRM
Old 05-10-2008, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

These things really like a duel 3" exhaust, the guys here in oz have seen very big gains from headers and twin 3" pipes.

The centre muffler has a crossover point inside it and it's very hard to get a system that won't drone on these. This has been a big problem with systems for them in Australia and as all yours are autos it's going to be worse.

Check out the aussie forums www.ls1.com.au for info on these cars as we have had em now for 18 months and starting to sort out some of the issues with em ..... and they have some.

cheers

Quick Reply: G8 GT mods?