Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO or CTS (V) ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
You're an idiot. The GTO is a coupe base off the monaro platform but was that platform used in any other kind of GM USA release? NO. The gto was its own platform while the CTS-V was based off the CTS usa vehicle. The GTO was planned as a 3 year limited release vehicle until the next RWD pontiac came out, people don't seem to understand that. The CTS-V SHOULD be the fastest sedan in the GM lineup, thats what they were going for and it is the most upscale performance car GM has with four doors.

The argument is whether or not the buyer should get a GTO or a CTS-V and I simply stated if you wanted two doors buy the GTO if you needed four for some reason get the V. ZR1 CTS-V? No....the LSA motor in the new V is not exactly the same as the motor in the ZR1 vette.

Also you specifically said, the cts and cts-v are the same car but at different trim levels, yes...I said that a long time ago. You just affirmed every single thing I said.
Um dude... YOU NEED TO READ THE FACTS BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH!
If your gonna spit out crap about a car then make sure you know who builds it smart guy!!! And another thing... The 2009 CTS-V is the detuned new ZR1 engine which is the LS9...

Revival
Fourth generation
Also called Holden Monaro
Production 2004-2006
Assembly Elizabeth, South Australia, Australia
Body style(s) 2-door coupe
Platform V-body
Engine(s) 5.7L 350 hp (260 kW) V8
6.0L 400 hp (300 kW) V8
Transmission(s) 4-speed automatic
6-speed manual
Wheelbase 109.8 in (2789 mm)
Length 189.8 in (4821 mm)
Width 72.5 in (1842 mm)
Height 54.9 in (1394 mm)
Related Holden Commodore

[edit] 2004
The Pontiac GTO was relaunched in the United States in 2004, based on the Holden Monaro's V platform. The Monaro is a 2 door coupe variant of the Australian developed VT/VX Holden Commodore. The Commodore was in turn developed by enlarging the European designed 1994 Opel Omega B, which was marketed in its original form in the U.S. from 1997 to 2001 as the Cadillac Catera. The revival was prompted by former GM chairman Bob Lutz,[1] who drove a Holden Monaro while on a business trip in Australia.

The GTO was produced by GM's Holden subsidiary in the suburb of Elizabeth, South Australia. It was equipped with the Corvette's LS1 ('04) and LS2 ('05-'06) V8 engine with a choice of a 6-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed automatic. The same model was sold in the United Kingdom as the Vauxhall Monaro and in the Middle East as a Chevrolet Lumina SS. GM North America made a deal with Holden to produce a maximum of 18,000 vehicles per year starting in late 2003 and going through to the end of the 2006 model year. The 18,000 units was the production limit for the model at the Australian assembly plant.

GM had high expectations to sell 18,000 units, but the Monaro-based GTO received a lukewarm reception in the U.S. In a perplexing contrast to its more modern, sportier design, the styling was frequently derided by critics as being too "conservative" and "anonymous" to befit either the GTO heritage or the current car's performance. In addition, the GTO faithful felt further insulted by GM's failure to present a U.S.-built car that incorporated any design lineage from the muscular icons of the 1960s and 1970s. Given the newly revived muscle car climate, it was also overshadowed by the Chrysler 300, the Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum and the new Ford Mustang, which all featured more traditional "muscle" aesthetics. Sales were also limited because of dealer tactics, such as initially charging large markups and denying requests for test drives of the vehicle. By the end of the year, the 2004 vehicles were selling with significant discounts. Sales were 13,569 of 15,728 cars for 2004.

To help squelch comments about the car's appearance, the hood scoops that originally were slated for production in 2004, were pushed into production as part of an over-the-counter Sport Appearance Package. The 2004 Sport Appearance Package also included a taller and more angular rear spoiler as well as deeper inset grilles. This model is the rarest year of the three year modern GTO production; as such, is the most revered.

Closing out the 2004 model year was the W40 package. Rumored to be a stillborn 40th anniversary package, it gave the buyer an exclusive paint color called Pulse Red, red GTO embroidery on the seats, and a grey colored gauge cluster. The last 800 2004 GTOs were built with the W40 package.

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 12-02-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Bro!!!! if you havent desided yet on what car you want... This is a GREAT find! its the LS2 w/ 22k miles for under 25g's...

2006 CTS-V- http://autotrader.autos.msn.com/fyc/...5&rdpage=thumb
Old 12-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at V's before I bought my goat... what it all boiled down to is a simply didnt have the coin for the V, and as some have said the internet hype over the differential issues in the V spoofed me, but for good reason. My best friend has an 04 CTS-v and he has been through 4 rear ends, 2 of which were the newer "revised" 06 versions.

I have driven both and both are great cars. The CTS-V seems more agile, but thats nothing a few aftermarket parts wont fix. Also the braking on the V is incredible vs. my GTO. Like most have said 4 drs go with the V 2 doors GTO if you can have either its up in the air IMHO.

I never got to race stock for stock with my buddy since he was modded when I bought my goat, but below is a link to a "hypothetical" race that we computer generated on a treadmill in Mexico.

CTS-V's mods: Volant CAI, Kooks LT's w/ catless mids, Magnaflow Catback with X pipe, B&M SS, ect...

GTO's mods: K&N FPIK CAI (previous owner installed), and some Mufflers!

I think stock for stock it would be a drivers race... and i also think the driver makes all the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paJyVdO3oZI

Just my .02 CTS-V's guys feel free to chime in, neither car is the end all be all and both are very nice for the money. I have noticed a few more cocky V owners than GTO, but ive also ran accross a few proud GTO owners too!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Um dude... YOU NEED TO READ THE FACTS BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH!
If your gonna spit out crap about a car then make sure you know who builds it smart guy!!! And another thing... The 2009 CTS-V is the detuned new ZR1 engine which is the LS9...

Revival
Fourth generation
Also called Holden Monaro
Production 2004-2006
Assembly Elizabeth, South Australia, Australia
Body style(s) 2-door coupe
Platform V-body
Engine(s) 5.7L 350 hp (260 kW) V8
6.0L 400 hp (300 kW) V8
Transmission(s) 4-speed automatic
6-speed manual
Wheelbase 109.8 in (2789 mm)
Length 189.8 in (4821 mm)
Width 72.5 in (1842 mm)
Height 54.9 in (1394 mm)
Related Holden Commodore

[edit] 2004
The Pontiac GTO was relaunched in the United States in 2004, based on the Holden Monaro's V platform. The Monaro is a 2 door coupe variant of the Australian developed VT/VX Holden Commodore. The Commodore was in turn developed by enlarging the European designed 1994 Opel Omega B, which was marketed in its original form in the U.S. from 1997 to 2001 as the Cadillac Catera. The revival was prompted by former GM chairman Bob Lutz,[1] who drove a Holden Monaro while on a business trip in Australia.

The GTO was produced by GM's Holden subsidiary in the suburb of Elizabeth, South Australia. It was equipped with the Corvette's LS1 ('04) and LS2 ('05-'06) V8 engine with a choice of a 6-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed automatic. The same model was sold in the United Kingdom as the Vauxhall Monaro and in the Middle East as a Chevrolet Lumina SS. GM North America made a deal with Holden to produce a maximum of 18,000 vehicles per year starting in late 2003 and going through to the end of the 2006 model year. The 18,000 units was the production limit for the model at the Australian assembly plant.

GM had high expectations to sell 18,000 units, but the Monaro-based GTO received a lukewarm reception in the U.S. In a perplexing contrast to its more modern, sportier design, the styling was frequently derided by critics as being too "conservative" and "anonymous" to befit either the GTO heritage or the current car's performance. In addition, the GTO faithful felt further insulted by GM's failure to present a U.S.-built car that incorporated any design lineage from the muscular icons of the 1960s and 1970s. Given the newly revived muscle car climate, it was also overshadowed by the Chrysler 300, the Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum and the new Ford Mustang, which all featured more traditional "muscle" aesthetics. Sales were also limited because of dealer tactics, such as initially charging large markups and denying requests for test drives of the vehicle. By the end of the year, the 2004 vehicles were selling with significant discounts. Sales were 13,569 of 15,728 cars for 2004.

To help squelch comments about the car's appearance, the hood scoops that originally were slated for production in 2004, were pushed into production as part of an over-the-counter Sport Appearance Package. The 2004 Sport Appearance Package also included a taller and more angular rear spoiler as well as deeper inset grilles. This model is the rarest year of the three year modern GTO production; as such, is the most revered.

Closing out the 2004 model year was the W40 package. Rumored to be a stillborn 40th anniversary package, it gave the buyer an exclusive paint color called Pulse Red, red GTO embroidery on the seats, and a grey colored gauge cluster. The last 800 2004 GTOs were built with the W40 package.
YOU NEED TO READ MY POSTINGS. The CTS-V engine is called the LSA which is not exactly the same as the new ZR-1 motor but have many similiarities just like I said. Including a similiar blower actually.

The ZR1 has forged pistons which can handle the extra power. The V pistons are not forged and therefore if you add too much hp the engine might not be able to handle it and can result in damage to the engine. Thats one of the reasons why the ZR1 has a different supercharger that prdocues more power. OR FOR A MORE DETAILED EXPLANATION READ THIS:

We've now had a couple of weeks to digest the new 620+hp LS9 V8 in the Corvette ZR1, it's time to see what else the GM Powertrain team has up its sleeves. The other half of the GM power duo to be displayed at the 2008 North American International Auto Show is the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. The CTS-V is propelled by an engine closely related to the LS9 and carrying the designation LSA.

Like the LS9, the LSA is an aluminum block 6.2L V-8 with an Eaton 6th generation two-rotor supercharger. The basic configuration matches the LS9 with the blower sitting in the valley of the block. An air to liquid intercooler sits on top of the supercharger. Differences between the two engines are primarily intended to give the Cadillac an extra air of refinement compared to the sports car and result in the LSA "only" producing 550 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque. Read on after the jump to learn about the differences between the LS9 and LSA

The single biggest difference leading to lower output for the Cadillac is the supercharger displacement. While the LS9 has a 2.3L blower, the unit in the CTS-V only displaces 1.9L. Aside from the size, the blower is based on the same four lobe rotor design with 160 degrees of twist to the lobes. The design provides greater efficiency and thirty-five percent less power draw than the previous three lobe design in addition to much quieter operation. The maximum boost pressure is reduced from 10.5 psi to 9.0 psi.

Since the CTS-V had a little more vertical and longitudinal space under the hood than the Corvette, the engineers were able to use a different intercooler. The LS9 intercooler has two separate heat exchanger units that are split on either side of the supercharger outlet. The LSA has a single heat exchanger that is slightly taller but has more efficient airflow. The other packaging difference is the use of a third drive belt dedicated to the supercharger rather than the two belt system used on the ZR1 engine.

The lower pressures mean that some of the material changes that were implemented on the LS9 were not necessary on the LSA. The titanium connecting rods and intake valves are replaced by forged powdered metal and SilChromel, respectively. The exhaust valves on the LSA are not sodium filled either. The exhaust manifolds are cast iron rather than stainless steel as on the LS9 and the main bearing caps are nodular iron rather than steel.

The pistons in the LSA are hyper-eutectic cast aluminum rather than being forged. The piston skirts are polymer coated for improved scuff resistance and reduced NVH. The sumped top design of the pistons is retained, which allows for clearing the valves without machined valve pockets. The continuous surface free of edges helps to avoid hot spots that can contribute to pre-ignition.

The LSA also gets the dual pressure fuel system used in the the LS9, but the top pressure is reduced from 600kPa to 450kPa. The LSA gets the same beefed up block casting, seven-layer head gasket and 12mm head bolts as its big brother. The improved lubrication system including the squirters that spray oil on the bottom of the pistons is also retained. In total, the LSA and LS9 have about 100 new part compared to the LS7 in the current Corvette Z06. Of those, about twenty-five percent are common to both engines.

I also said the GTO was based off the holden monaro, it is, was and always will be. What part of that did you just prove me wrong on? I know my car was on a boat coming to this shore. I have always known it was based off an australian car, built there etc...hell half the parts I've gotten from the dealer are stamped MADE IN AUSTRALIA.

You're a rookie. I'm right, you're wrong.

Last edited by Summerwolf; 12-05-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

YOU NEED TO READ MY POSTINGS. The CTS-V engine is called the LSA which is not exactly the same as the new ZR-1 motor but have many similiarities just like I said. Including a similiar blower actually.

The ZR1 has forged pistons which can handle the extra power. The V pistons are not forged and therefore if you add too much hp the engine might not be able to handle it and can result in damage to the engine. Thats one of the reasons why the ZR1 has a different supercharger that prdocues more power. OR FOR A MORE DETAILED EXPLANATION READ THIS:

We've now had a couple of weeks to digest the new 620+hp LS9 V8 in the Corvette ZR1, it's time to see what else the GM Powertrain team has up its sleeves. The other half of the GM power duo to be displayed at the 2008 North American International Auto Show is the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. The CTS-V is propelled by an engine closely related to the LS9 and carrying the designation LSA.

Like the LS9, the LSA is an aluminum block 6.2L V-8 with an Eaton 6th generation two-rotor supercharger. The basic configuration matches the LS9 with the blower sitting in the valley of the block. An air to liquid intercooler sits on top of the supercharger. Differences between the two engines are primarily intended to give the Cadillac an extra air of refinement compared to the sports car and result in the LSA "only" producing 550 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque. Read on after the jump to learn about the differences between the LS9 and LSA

The single biggest difference leading to lower output for the Cadillac is the supercharger displacement. While the LS9 has a 2.3L blower, the unit in the CTS-V only displaces 1.9L. Aside from the size, the blower is based on the same four lobe rotor design with 160 degrees of twist to the lobes. The design provides greater efficiency and thirty-five percent less power draw than the previous three lobe design in addition to much quieter operation. The maximum boost pressure is reduced from 10.5 psi to 9.0 psi.

Since the CTS-V had a little more vertical and longitudinal space under the hood than the Corvette, the engineers were able to use a different intercooler. The LS9 intercooler has two separate heat exchanger units that are split on either side of the supercharger outlet. The LSA has a single heat exchanger that is slightly taller but has more efficient airflow. The other packaging difference is the use of a third drive belt dedicated to the supercharger rather than the two belt system used on the ZR1 engine.

The lower pressures mean that some of the material changes that were implemented on the LS9 were not necessary on the LSA. The titanium connecting rods and intake valves are replaced by forged powdered metal and SilChromel, respectively. The exhaust valves on the LSA are not sodium filled either. The exhaust manifolds are cast iron rather than stainless steel as on the LS9 and the main bearing caps are nodular iron rather than steel.

The pistons in the LSA are hyper-eutectic cast aluminum rather than being forged. The piston skirts are polymer coated for improved scuff resistance and reduced NVH. The sumped top design of the pistons is retained, which allows for clearing the valves without machined valve pockets. The continuous surface free of edges helps to avoid hot spots that can contribute to pre-ignition.

The LSA also gets the dual pressure fuel system used in the the LS9, but the top pressure is reduced from 600kPa to 450kPa. The LSA gets the same beefed up block casting, seven-layer head gasket and 12mm head bolts as its big brother. The improved lubrication system including the squirters that spray oil on the bottom of the pistons is also retained. In total, the LSA and LS9 have about 100 new part compared to the LS7 in the current Corvette Z06. Of those, about twenty-five percent are common to both engines.

I also said the GTO was based off the holden monaro, it is, was and always will be. What part of that did you just prove me wrong on? I know my car was on a boat coming to this shore. I have always known it was based off an australian car, built there etc...hell half the parts I've gotten from the dealer are stamped MADE IN AUSTRALIA.

You're a rookie. I'm right, you're wrong.
HAHAHA--- I quit reading what you had to say after the second line! You proved your self a dipshit and need to read your own post... I am not gonna spend the next 20 minutes looking at some **** that I already said followed by some stupid **** that your trying to pawn off as yours! And by the way DUMBSHIT!!! WHY DID YOU TELL ME I WAS WRONG WHEN I SAID THAT

"Originally Posted by Summerwolf "
You're an idiot. The GTO is a coupe base off the monaro platform "

which would have ment friend that YOU did'nt even know that it was a (HOLDEN) MONARO" yet you call me the idoit!!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

settle down guys, I dont think the OP wanted this type of bickering in his thread...

different strokes for different folks I say...

I will have to say after spending a week on the Cadillacforums when I was looking at them... that forum is boring as hell, while ls2gto on the other hand
Old 12-05-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wetVdreams
settle down guys, I dont think the OP wanted this type of bickering in his thread...

different strokes for different folks I say...

I will have to say after spending a week on the Cadillacforums when I was looking at them... that forum is boring as hell, while ls2gto on the other hand

Lol, word! Thats because I desided to come over and play for a lil bit, But I think ima go back home now...
Old 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

GTO over the V. Everyone know about the V rear issues, but you can break the GTO rear if you try so not much of a difference there. I have a GTO and like the V since it is not an old man car anymore, its fun to drive. I do not think you will find as many aftermarket parts for the V as you will for the GTO (bumper to bumper, drivetrain, exhaust, brakes, wheels, etc.), but since the GTO is from Australia and was canceled it will get harder to get replacement parts or even take longer to get them or both. Good luck with your choice.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
HAHAHA--- I quit reading what you had to say after the second line! You proved your self a dipshit and need to read your own post... I am not gonna spend the next 20 minutes looking at some **** that I already said followed by some stupid **** that your trying to pawn off as yours! And by the way DUMBSHIT!!! WHY DID YOU TELL ME I WAS WRONG WHEN I SAID THAT

"Originally Posted by Summerwolf "
You're an idiot. The GTO is a coupe base off the monaro platform "

which would have ment friend that YOU did'nt even know that it was a (HOLDEN) MONARO" yet you call me the idoit!!
You better read what I posted about the LSA and its differences over the new ZR-1 motor. If I didn't know the GTO was based off the Holden monaro how did I even know what a monaro was.....Not trying to pawn any info off as mine, I got that off cadillacforums.net where it linked me to an article by GM

And WTF does everyone think the GTO was "cancelled" it was brought here as a 3 year run ONLY to bridge the gap between the Trans Am's demise and the G8's upcoming release. The monaro was slated to end the VY generation and start the new VZ series (the G8). It was just a convenient car at the time to bring over to do what they intended it to do. Provide GM with some sort of actual performance car besides the corvette in 2004-2006.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

You better read what I posted about the LSA and its differences over the new ZR-1 motor. If I didn't know the GTO was based off the Holden monaro how did I even know what a monaro was.....Not trying to pawn any info off as mine, I got that off cadillacforums.net where it linked me to an article by GM

And WTF does everyone think the GTO was "cancelled" it was brought here as a 3 year run ONLY to bridge the gap between the Trans Am's demise and the G8's upcoming release. The monaro was slated to end the VY generation and start the new VZ series (the G8). It was just a convenient car at the time to bring over to do what they intended it to do. Provide GM with some sort of actual performance car besides the corvette in 2004-2006.
Actually it was originally meant to go longer, but the sales weren't there. They planned on using the Australia Holden plant to start the GTO, and then transfer manufacturing to the states when the new platform started. Since sales were not there, I blame that on the lack of marketing, they decided it was not in the best interest to start manufacturing a car that did not sell.

Hurry OP get yourself a car so all this madness can end!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

No. The VY platform the GTO was based on was slated to end. They would not continue that model when the VZ was released. The VZ being the G8.

It was meant to be a 3 yr model and that was all. Yeah they marketed it horribly, but who gives a **** anymore. I don't even think the OP is alive anymore, lol.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, too bad you don't know whats done to my goat, I'd glady race a remote mount turbo'd CTS-V.

Thats a tasty looking V though.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Dude! shut up already!!! I thought I made it clear earlier that I could give a rats *** what you have to say! I your eyes the world is wrong! regardless of what proof we bring to the table.... and what I BETTER do is slap your daddy for havin a lil "think he nows-it-all" punk! p.s. thank your girl for me chump!

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 12-08-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

LOL, too bad you don't know whats done to my goat, I'd glady race a remote mount turbo'd CTS-V.

Thats a tasty looking V though.

i/e tune, you'll get mid 12's pretty easily on most tracks. My 04 ran a 13.2 @ 109 with a CAI tune headers and catback with an awesome 2.31 60 ft, lol.
not with this list of stuff!!!! what else you got???
Old 12-09-2008, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

A lot more since then since that was my times in summer of last year. My car ran a 13.6 @ 104 with a 2.2 60 ft when it was stock.

It doesn't matter. The new CTS-V has an LSA and I knew my car was australian based. I don't claim to know it all, I never have. Just more than you.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

A lot more since then since that was my times in summer of last year. My car ran a 13.6 @ 104 with a 2.2 60 ft when it was stock. since then I sold it and decided to buy a pink 1957 Renault Dauphine so I can rep my on the bumper!

It doesn't matter if Im . The new CTS-V has an ZR1 and I did'nt know my car was australian based. I don't know it all, I NEVER have and NEVER will.
Did you forget to slap your daddy?? Its cool! I got it

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 12-09-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

A lot more since then since that was my times in summer of last year. My car ran a 13.6 @ 104 with a 2.2 60 ft when it was stock. since then I sold it and decided to buy a pink 1957 Renault Dauphine so I can rep my on the bumper!

It doesn't matter if Im . The new CTS-V has an ZR1 and I did'nt know my car was australian based. I don't know it all, I NEVER have and NEVER will.

WOW!!! You said all buddy
Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

To the OP, if you are seriously considering a 4dr I would take a hard look at the G8 GT. I did not look at a GTO since I wanted a 4dr but I did take a good look at a '05 CTS-V. It was a very tough choice between that and a new G8. I went with the G8 and have been very happy with the purchase. Even though the G8 GT might be considered the slowest (stock) in a straight line these cars seem to even out after simple bolt-on mods. Mine has run a 12.59 @110(good air but strong head wind) with just ARH LTs, CAI, and a tune on stock 19" tires and stock converter. This would put me ahead of any bolt-on CTS-V (that I know of) and in the mix with some of the better times for GTOs with similar mods. The handleing of the G8 is great and I will say most likely better than the GTO and may be on par with the CTS-V. The V may have a little more ultimate grip but the G8 has better balance. Go drive them all and see which you like better.

Last edited by racerns; 12-09-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by racerns
To the OP, if you are seriously considering a 4dr I would take a hard look at the G8 GT. I did not look at a GTO since I wanted a 4dr but I did take a good look at a '05 CTS-V. It was a very tough choice between that and a new G8. I went with the G8 and have been very happy with the purchase. Even though the G8 GT might be considered the slowest (stock) in a straight line these cars seem to even out after simple bolt-on mods. Mine has run a 12.59 @110(good air but strong head wind) with just ARH LTs, CAI, and a tune on stock 19" tires and stock converter. This would put me ahead of any bolt-on CTS-V (that I know of) and in the mix with some of the better times for GTOs with similar mods. The handleing of the G8 is great and I will say most likely better than the GTO and may be on par with the CTS-V. The V may have a little more ultimate grip but the G8 has better balance. Go drive them all and see which you like better.
Those are some good numbers for the G8! I also looked into the G8 but Ultimately the idea got vetoed by my wife... She seems to think that pontiacs are cheaply made and dont hold together well... Since the G8 is so new and I am a smart man I desided to pick my battles and let this one go... I can't wait to see the G8 with about 4 years under its belt...

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 12-09-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

Both are great cars. The CTS-V being more of a luxury type.

I can say I've owned both. The CTS-V stops better, handles better, and IS quicker stock for stock. Period.

Summerwolf, how fast is your car? I'll race you if you want, and we can post it on here.

My mods are..

Catback
tune
k&n replacement filter
aluminum flywheel on stock clutch

I'll be at firebird this friday.

Quick Reply: GTO or CTS (V) ???