Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!

Ok, so I dont really post here much, but I like to visit and check out the threads. But I really need yall's help, especially the ones that are pro's with the electrical system. So i know its a long read but please do! By the way it is an 06 GTO.

Today is the third time this has happen to me since I bought my car last year in december. The very first time I went to get into my car, like normal, I tried starting it up but nothing. When I try to crank it up it says "Fuel Gauge Error" then it says "Service Required Contact Dealer". I am clueless to why it is doing this. When I opened my hood, i could hear the fan 2 relay fuse buzzing really loud and my fan trying to turn. My doors do not lock or unluck, my radio cuts off, my windows do not roll down and my trunk does not open. My keyless remote doesn't work either when this happens. So the dealership the first time told me it was a bad ground that is connected to the BCM (Brain Computer Module) So they re-grouded it and everything was fine. Few months later, it happens again. I take it to another dealer close by and they told me all the grounds were good, that the grounds or wires was not the issue, but it was doing the exact same thing. Same message and sounds from the exact same fuse. So they replace a blue fuse number 15 (which i show at the pictures below) and give me an extra one. They said the electrical guy needed more time to figure out exactly what was causing this. But at the time I didn't have the money to pay for all that, really expensive. So I get my car back a few days later, and they give me an extra fuse incase it happened again. Well today on the way home from work, it did And again, it was doing the EXACT same thing. Luckily I had the fuse in the car that the dealer gave me. So I replace it and everything starts up fine. The dealer said it was not the fuse, but something that makes the fuse go bad.

This is really giving me a lot of trouble and sucks when it happens If yall could please please please! help me out I would really appreciate it.

The first picture below it is number 15 the second one from the bottom. The second picture is where i took it out to show which one it is. And the third picture is the white relay fuse that keeps on buzzing really loud. Again, windows won't roll down, car wont lock or unlock, keyless remote doesnt work, and my trunk wont open. Thank yall again and I really hope yall can help me out! And sorry for the long post!
Attached Thumbnails Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!-imag0299.jpg   Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!-imag0300.jpg   Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!-imag0301.jpg  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Mine did that and it was a short to the computer. As for the relay just replace it sounds bad to me if it is buzzing.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The relay is buzzing because of the short. Fix the BCM wires behind the glove box
Old 08-06-2011, 07:39 AM
12 Second Club

you might want to link him to the thread about the wires being cut behind the glove box.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377773

looks like this may have been caused in converting a right hand drive car to left hand drive .
Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Defenitly the wire harness behind the glovebox rubbing.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Teching In

leave the car on and find the bcm move the connection and see what happens if it cuts on and off its the bcm. take the bcm and see if where you connections aren't dirty.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rmedelez
leave the car on and find the bcm move the connection and see what happens if it cuts on and off its the bcm. take the bcm and see if where you connections aren't dirty.
It'd not a connection. The BCM issue is where the wire bundle passes by a sharp brace and cuts though shorting random wires out to ground. Everyone with a GTO should check theirs and put a slit piece of hose over the wire bundle there to protect it.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svede1212
It'd not a connection. The BCM issue is where the wire bundle passes by a sharp brace and cuts though shorting random wires out to ground. Everyone with a GTO should check theirs and put a slit piece of hose over the wire bundle there to protect it.
This.
If you have any of the BCM related issues, you know it. But even if you don't now, do what Svede said to prevent it from happening in the future.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by svede1212
it'd not a connection. The bcm issue is where the wire bundle passes by a sharp brace and cuts though shorting random wires out to ground. Everyone with a gto should check theirs and put a slit piece of hose over the wire bundle there to protect it.
this is truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quick Reply: Need help asap!!! car really acting up!!!!