Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Corsa Exhaust people come in......

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Corsa Exhaust people come in......

Ok so I'm looking to possibly swap over to a corsa touring exhaust on my 06 gto.......what im wondering is how loud is it??? ive been hearing all different opinions and id like to hear more......right now the car has a bassani catback on it....it sounds good but with my mods its very deep and bassy and quite loud........any videos and info would be great!! i love the way the corsa sounds but just worried about the noise level.....i daily drive the car in the good weather months......cars mildly modified.....226/234 AI custom cam, FAST 90, Stainless works 1 3/4 Headers w NO cats......

Thanks!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've honestly never heard a touring on a GTO. I've been told it's quite a bit more tame than sport.

Sports are quite audible.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me either and I have the sport.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:00 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The Sport is the only system they're still making new. They still have the Touring conversion available, which makes no sense, but I believe they discontinued the Touring kit. Call Corsa up and ask them. Either way, you should be very happy with the Corsa systems. They are 100% the quietest systems for the interior. Passengers always comment on how quiet the interior is everytime they ride with me. My GTO is setup as a track day car for road racing, yet it's about as tame and quiet inside as a Lexus, Caddy, or BMW...couldn't be happier. Roll the windows down and it can really scream. But at cruise it has a nice, tame sound.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM
9 Second Club

yea i got in touch with corsa they have a touring left but they want me to pay 1600 for it........i told them to keep it
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i highly doubt youll get many replys with people having the Corsa Touring.. that being said i do have the Corsa Sport and love it. its quite at low rpms and loud when you step on it and at high RPMs. i always get compliments on the exhaust note of my car.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
yea i got in touch with corsa they have a touring left but they want me to pay 1600 for it........i told them to keep it
Yyyyyyyyyeaaaaahhhh....I figured as much. haha It wasn't exactly a "hot seller" because of the retail price. The Sport system is expensive on its own, and the Touring using two additional mufflers - meaning even MORE welding - was much higher. So the price was pretty astronomical. I just wish they had a "Pace Car" system for the GTO like they did the C5 Vette. So good.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:36 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Yyyyyyyyyeaaaaahhhh....I figured as much. haha It wasn't exactly a "hot seller" because of the retail price. The Sport system is expensive on its own, and the Touring using two additional mufflers - meaning even MORE welding - was much higher. So the price was pretty astronomical. I just wish they had a "Pace Car" system for the GTO like they did the C5 Vette. So good.
yea i called up stainless works and they were much better about it.....hooked me up with a few GTO mufflers to swap in what i have.....should be interesting to see what it ends up like.......will be quieter none the less....................and btw you guys at BMR make kick *** products the entire suspension on my camaro is all your stuff and it hooks like a dump truck.......1.30 60's on the rear tires with a 9.5" tire...rock on!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

I will say I love the sound of my Corsa on my TA, and the Corsa I just helped a buddy install on his 05' GTO M6. But I will also say their customer service, from my experience, is beyond terrible. I will never deal with them directly again.

I bought a replacement muffler from them since my muffler's welds failed at the inlet. After a little research I found it was a common problem with their earlier systems which is what was on my car. I bought the car with the corsa already installed so I knew the warranty didn't transfer to me. Well I was billed the correct amount ($320ish shipped for a replacement muffler), but I was also billed an additional $480ish for a separate charge. ******* ridiculous a mistake like that happened. That's not the worst part. It took the better half of a week and a half to have my money refunded back into my account and that is with one or two calls to corsa every day AND filing a dispute on the charge with PNC.

In the end I have a lifetime warranty on the muffler now, but I will not deal with them directly anytime soon.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stippy17
I will say I love the sound of my Corsa on my TA, and the Corsa I just helped a buddy install on his 05' GTO M6. But I will also say their customer service, from my experience, is beyond terrible. I will never deal with them directly again.

I bought a replacement muffler from them since my muffler's welds failed at the inlet. After a little research I found it was a common problem with their earlier systems which is what was on my car. I bought the car with the corsa already installed so I knew the warranty didn't transfer to me. Well I was billed the correct amount ($320ish shipped), but I was also billed an additional $480ish for a separate charge. ******* ridiculous a mistake like that happened. That's not the worst part. It took the better half of a week and a half to have my money refunded back into my account and that is with one or two calls to corsa every day AND filing a dispute on the charge with PNC.

In the end I have a lifetime warranty on the muffler now, but I will not deal with them directly anytime soon.
yea my point exactly......why gouge like that on the price?? i love my stainless works headers the quality fit and power is awesome on this car......and they hooked me up with two three chamber stainless mufflers for $330 shipped for both.......they are a great company i had a great experience with the customer service over there......willing to help and explained it all to me......its not every day where that happens.....theres two good companies right in this thread......stainless works and BMR........ill neglect to mention the ones that suck.....lets just say the list is alot longer lol
Old 04-11-2012, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkR7Isfmrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2IA...eature=related

There is plenty more on there.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Well, do keep in mind that Corsa is the domestic ONLY company that actually goes to these lengths to produce each muffler to every vehicle: They bring a car in house and determine the frequencies the sound canceling material in the car reacts to. Then, they create a muffler and pipe diameter that will work specifically to the vehicle in question.

The mufflers use sound reflecting technology to bounce the sounds back at each other to cancel these sounds out. They leave in the frequencies that the factory sound deadening material has no trouble with while also leaving the good sounds we've come to love.

With the touring, they take it a step further and take out additional frequencies and also reduce overall decibel output while having the smallest impact on performance loss for a muffler. It's because of this effort that they can create a muffler that has no drone, it's because they've cancelled drone causing sounds out.

So I am willing to pay for it because they design every muffler to every vehicle...I think that's pretty cool. Most companies will just put a muffler in that fits, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's just why Corsa costs so much more than anyone else on the market. They put a lot of effort into creating a spectacular exhaust system. I just wish they would come up with a better clamping system because the clamps usually suck! haha
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Corsa Exhaust people come in......