Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

06 gto clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014 | 04:22 PM
Launching!

Default 06 gto clutch help

Hey guys..the clutch in my 06 gto is pretty much done for..it drives but goes hard and get to hot everytime u wanna speed shift....so im wanting a new better clutch..the most that will be done to the car is full exhaust, longtube headers, a cam and intake..prolly a fast..i dont wanna get to pricey with the clutch..it will prolly very rarely see track time, more or less street racing.. i heard good stuff about ls7 but not sure..just fill me in with recommendations guys....once again, thanks,
Old 08-04-2014 | 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTOdave
Hey guys..the clutch in my 06 gto is pretty much done for..it drives but goes hard and get to hot everytime u wanna speed shift....so im wanting a new better clutch..the most that will be done to the car is full exhaust, longtube headers, a cam and intake..prolly a fast..i dont wanna get to pricey with the clutch..it will prolly very rarely see track time, more or less street racing.. i heard good stuff about ls7 but not sure..just fill me in with recommendations guys....once again, thanks,
I have had good luck with Monster Clutches (stage 2 and Stage 3) and LS7 Clutches with the power range you will more than likely end up at.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-04-2014 | 05:01 PM
FormerVendor

Check out the stage 2 its a good fit for what you have. Give us a shout and we can get you a good deal.

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
I have had good luck with Monster Clutches (stage 2 and Stage 3) and LS7 Clutches with the power range you will more than likely end up at.
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 08-04-2014 | 09:43 PM
Launching!

Ok thanks guys...what else should i get..new master cylinder. And anything else?
Old 08-05-2014 | 09:34 AM
FormerVendor

The master should be fine. I would recommend a Remote Bleeder, New Bolts, and the Upgraded GTO Hydraulic line.

Give us a call and we can get you what you need for your setup.
Old 08-05-2014 | 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

GM Ls7 clutch is all you will need
Old 08-24-2014 | 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

I'm running a Mantic from Australia. I like them so much I'm trying to become a dealer for them.

Trending Topics

Old 08-24-2014 | 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by J-Rod_Almighty
GM Ls7 clutch is all you will need
yes. pretty much.
Old 09-07-2014 | 08:08 PM
Teching In

Ok thanks guys...what else should i get..new master cylinder. And anything else?
Check the classifieds. I have a new one for sale cheap!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...inder-kit.html

Quick Reply: 06 gto clutch help