Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Everyone seems to hate us.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Cabra
The heart (LS1/2) is all american, baby!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and btw, all f-bods are CANADIAN, bitches!
...with the same american "heart".....nice choice of words, see ya!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster
in my new 05 GT mustang i get thumbs up, i have kids poking their heads out the window staring...i have people come up and ask me about my car in parking lots...total strangers. and not car guys. just normal people that the car really captures their eye and imagination.

Funny...I get that same action with MY GTO all the time
Old 01-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster
in my new 05 GT mustang i get thumbs up, i have kids poking their heads out the window staring...i have people come up and ask me about my car in parking lots...total strangers. and not car guys. just normal people that the car really captures their eye and imagination. thats the kind of response the GTO SHOULD illicit, but doesnt. and thats really sad, because i know its a great car, its just missing that ONE thing.
This reminds me of a funny story.

Me and the wife were just coming back from a "slow racing day" at ETown (yeah sure) in the GTO. Anyway we stop at a Ford dealer who is selling Roush and Saleen 05's. It's saturday and no where to park so we rumble around for a few minutes until we find a spot (right by the front door). As we are getting out of the car - the wife tells me that everyone on the lot is watching us (must have been GP lovers I guess). Anyway we go in and look at the Saleens - nice car - way over priced. While we were in there quite a few people came over to look at the car - I don't think the dealer liked it.

Moral of the story is that don't kid yourself the GTO does get looks.

By the way - I like most of the new muscle cars - but I love my GTO

Last edited by rushhour; 01-20-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Launching!

But you guys can't be right about the GTO getting looks and almost causing accidents on the highway (Yes that happened to me) but that can't be right, because it's somebodies opinion that this does not happen. I mean it's been written on the internet, so the opinion must be gospel, right?

Sorry KFH, your opinion that no one looks at the GTO doesn't make all the people who freak out over the GTO just sitting there go away.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2edybrd
But you guys can't be right about the GTO getting looks and almost causing accidents on the highway (Yes that happened to me) but that can't be right, because it's somebodies opinion that this does not happen. I mean it's been written on the internet, so the opinion must be gospel, right?

Sorry KFH, your opinion that no one looks at the GTO doesn't make all the people who freak out over the GTO just sitting there go away.
I don't think the GTO is a head turner. Not compared to the F-Body. I've seen the difference in attention I got in the Firehawk vs. the GTO. The Hawk definately turned more heads.

Still the GTO isn't a bad looking car. I personally like the sleeper effect it has.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my friend has one and i'll never forget what someone once asked..."hey man what year cavalier is that."
Old 01-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220
I don't think the GTO is a head turner. Not compared to the F-Body. I've seen the difference in attention I got in the Firehawk vs. the GTO. The Hawk definately turned more heads.

Still the GTO isn't a bad looking car. I personally like the sleeper effect it has.
You should see what happens at the track and car get togethers around here then. My bland GTO gets more attention and questions asked than the Camaro or Firebird its parked next too. Happens all the time. And nothing but positive comments to boot!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chaman
...with the same american "heart".....nice choice of words, see ya!
My point exactly!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Went out to eat with the family (wife in the front and two young boys in the back) last night. Waiting in the left turn lane at a light, a dude in a nice-looking Ford truck in the far right lane rolled down his window and waved his arms to get our attention and to give us a thumbs-up in approval of our GTO.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Don't worry GTO guys...I'm an Fbod fanatic and I'll give you the truth..I'm pissed that you got a nice interior and the powertrain we wanted. DAMN YOU! BUT, there is still hope in our future. 2009 baby
Old 01-21-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rob
You should see what happens at the track and car get togethers around here then. My bland GTO gets more attention and questions asked than the Camaro or Firebird its parked next too. Happens all the time. And nothing but positive comments to boot!
At the track, I can see it. The track will have car enthusiasts all over the place, plus the GTO's are quick enough to get noticed.

Outside of car enthusiast circles, I would bet people see them, and don't even notice it. They think it's just another Pontiac.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
two completely different cars so the owners are gonna be very different..
GTO is an understated refined australian grand tourer and the Camarobirds are old school,scooped,spoilered,creaking,long beaked ,etc.
If the GTO had extra scoops,vents,bulging hoods with a big screaming chicken decal on it Im sure they would love the GTO.
Let them enjoy their bs stories and out of production cars.
PS: In case you cant tell ,. I dont like the look of camarobirds ..
The GTO's are going out of production after 06!
Gona buy a GTO blue on blue w/ the optional 18 wheels, they onlt made 41 of them. I love both f bodies and GTO, hate Camaro's!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01WS6vert
Gona buy a GTO blue on blue w/ the optional 18 wheels, they onlt made 41 of them. I love both f bodies and GTO, hate Camaro's!
You'll love the Goat. I got mine about a month and one week ago. I was a long time F-Body driver/owner. I have to say I like the GTO much more.

I am not big on the Camaro either. But I don't hate them. Some of the cleaner looking ones are nice. I just wouldn't buy one.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob

You are so full of **** with that comment and ALL of you know it. I know the GTO has a better quality and an increase level of refinement far superior to any f-body. But seriously these bullshit stories of GTO,s causing accidents in the freeway and even attracting more people than any f-body is totally in your dreams buddy. They are just plain ridiculous, please defend your rides for what they really are....don't think you are fooling anyone. Funny where frustration can sometime take some of you

Wait I will join you..."my TA as so much better quality than any GTO....hell, more than any BMW! I can believe some of you say that...you must be blind!"....or plain dumb...

Park your GTO side by side with my TA or any WS6 and I bet you more looks at those than your GTO... WE got the looks, we turn way MORE heads..live with it and enjoy your FAR better ride than ours (it really is) but looks....please
Old 01-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01WS6vert
That's an old and outdated story, the GTO will be built on the new revived Zeta platform and may be available as early as Jan - March, '07. This is the same platform that will spawn the Camaro and Impala and possibly the Grand Prix, which will basically be a 4 door GTO body with both V6 and V8 versions.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Camaro yes,GTO no.It dosent sell now and they sure the hell don't need several V-8 RWD coupes.Goodnight GTO.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:18 PM
8 Second Club

I disagree the more the better. If anything less V-8 FWD
Old 01-21-2006, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

damn I thought the Mustang bashing F-body was bad.. Looks like I still get to bash dumb *** F-body owners ...
Old 01-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman

You are so full of **** with that comment and ALL of you know it. I know the GTO has a better quality and an increase level of refinement far superior to any f-body. But seriously these bullshit stories of GTO,s causing accidents in the freeway and even attracting more people than any f-body is totally in your dreams buddy. They are just plain ridiculous, please defend your rides for what they really are....don't think you are fooling anyone. Funny where frustration can sometime take some of you

Wait I will join you..."my TA as so much better quality than any GTO....hell, more than any BMW! I can believe some of you say that...you must be blind!"....or plain dumb...

Park your GTO side by side with my TA or any WS6 and I bet you more looks at those than your GTO... WE got the looks, we turn way MORE heads..live with it and enjoy your FAR better ride than ours (it really is) but looks....please
Really, get your head out of your....well, you know. If you would know what you are talking about, I'd actually might listen to you. But keeping thinking it. I know what happens at our little car hang out. Happens all the time.

All you have to do is step back and watch people and you'd see what happens.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rob
Really, get your head out of your....well, you know. If you would know what you are talking about, I'd actually might listen to you. But keeping thinking it. I know what happens at our little car hang out. Happens all the time.

All you have to do is step back and watch people and you'd see what happens.

I agree wiht you 100% we take our GTO to several car show's and park right next to a built 93 Mustang Coupe and a FEW built clean F-bodies.. we all just sit back and laugh at all the attention the GTO gets for being stock..

Quick Reply: Everyone seems to hate us.