Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Everyone seems to hate us.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Exactly YOUR...YOUR little car hang out....your world dude, your dreams...I know what Im talking about and YOU do too. You REALLY need to get your head out dude, not me. Sorry no looks...none. Accept it and enjoy your car.

Yeah people say this.."is that the new GTO?? Looked like a Gran Prix! Yeah man great engine and interiors...its cool but LOOKS kind of generic....hey but its great man....!"
Of course they look, because its performance CONTRADICTS its looks, thats why. Is it bad? Of course not! What is really stupid is saying how it turns heads, causes freeway accidents (i love that one!).

Almost causing accidents..?? Come on!...LOL!!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perdieu
I agree wiht you 100% we take our GTO to several car show's and park right next to a built 93 Mustang Coupe and a FEW built clean F-bodies.. we all just sit back and laugh at all the attention the GTO gets for being stock..
I agree. The last car show I went to the fbodies got no love. The Vettes and GTOs got all the attention.

There is no reason to be bashing each other. We need to save our bashing for the imports and Mustangs.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chaman
Of course they look, because its performance CONTRADICTS its looks, thats why. Is it bad? Of course not! What is really stupid is saying how it turns heads, causes freeway accidents (i love that one!).

So what is it, GTOs do get the looks or they don't? Sounds like you are the one doing the contradicting.

I have gotten ALL KINDS of looks and people coming up to me in my 04 GTO. Just one story of the many like it that comes to mine is the one time when I spent 20 minutes showing the car off to a guy and his kid that wanted to check it out at Home Depot one time.

They had me opening the hood, showing interior checking it all out and then two other groups of families came over to check it out as well. They had me revving it and all that and said they wqere impressed with the car.

It got to the point where it almost became disruptive to getting **** done because of all the people coming over all the time to check out the car and asking questions. But I guess you'll assume I'm lieing or soemthing becuase my experiences don't back up your narrow opinion of whats what.

A lot of that has died down now that the car has been out for a while now though and they are a little more common.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Smart ***, they get SOME looks (less than TA and WS6) because of the reasons above. Not contradicting..... Glad of your awesome experiences. I bet they make great stories when going camping and gathering around a nice bonfire......

Bland looks...ALL magazines (good and bad have said this). People look huh? why it DOES NOT SELL?? I wonder.....
Old 01-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Launching!

Poor Chaman. I don't need to lie to someone like you. I've owned F-Bodys for almost twenty years now. I , and every other GTO owner lives in the real world. Sorry that you seem to think yours is the real world.

Obviously not. Yes I have had carloads of guys swerve across three lanes of rush hour traffic to scream questions about the Goat at 70 mph. Yes I have had people with cameras follow me at the Ocean City muscle car cruise yelling questions to me. Yes I have had people admire the engine of a new C6 at F-Body gatherings only to line up to sit in the GTO. Yes, I have had people on third story windows yell Oh **** That's a GTO! as I cruised by. Yes I have Schoolbuses of kids give me the thumbs up yelling "Go GTOOOO!!" as I pass by.

I think it's hilarous that you always try to run back to the "Why doesn't it sell?" argument. It's the standard line you use when you've had your *** handed to you on this board, so this is all I have to say about that.

It's obvious that you...well, no I'm done with this thread. Same old argument hashed out over 27 pages. Chaman, you obviously seem think that anything not an F-body is a personal insult...to bad, You're missing out on some pretty great cars, and not just the GTO.

The best compliment I ever got for the Trans Am was a couple of kids who siad "hey, it's the Bat Mobile.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FRMRGM
i dont know why people have such a hard time w/ GM rebadging the Monaro a GTO, just like they rebadged a LeMans a GTO in the 60s. Everything GM sells is rebadged as something else, Camaro/Firebird, Silverado/Sierra, Equinox/Torrent, Colorado/Canyon, Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade, Trailblazer/Envoy, HHR/PT Cruiser (woops, hehe)... I think you get the point.

Also, I dont know how to break this to some of you, but alot of people don't like the retro looks. The Mustang is selling well, but thats mainly due to its v6 base models and 16 year old chicks. Yep, that Thunderbird really sold well .

All Im saying is that people need to realize that everybody has their own opinion on things, and no matter how much you think yours is right, the next guy thinks his is too, so dont state your opinion as if its been handed down from God, because, you know, its not... This is the same reason I cant understand why people have to bash what others like for no reason, especially when the cars are of the same company.

trailblazer, Envoy, Bravada, Ascender
Old 01-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly YOUR...YOUR little car hang out....your world dude, your dreams...I know what Im talking about and YOU do too. You REALLY need to get your head out dude, not me. Sorry no looks...none. Accept it and enjoy your car.

Yeah people say this.."is that the new GTO?? Looked like a Gran Prix! Yeah man great engine and interiors...its cool but LOOKS kind of generic....hey but its great man....!"

MY little hangout actually has well over 100 cars showing up. All kinds, 50's on up. Mainly muscle cars. The GTO holds its own.

But since you think that it doesn't get attention, that's fine. I know what actually happens in the real world. Thanks for trying to set me straight...
Old 01-22-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's the problem.........GTO replaced the beloved Firebird as Pontiacs RWD muscle car.......and people don't like it. **** Bulls fans booed Pete Myers because he replaced Michael Jordan, that's the way it goes.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2edybrd
Poor Chaman. I don't need to lie to someone like you. I've owned F-Bodys for almost twenty years now. I , and every other GTO owner lives in the real world. Sorry that you seem to think yours is the real world.

Obviously not. Yes I have had carloads of guys swerve across three lanes of rush hour traffic to scream questions about the Goat at 70 mph. Yes I have had people with cameras follow me at the Ocean City muscle car cruise yelling questions to me. Yes I have had people admire the engine of a new C6 at F-Body gatherings only to line up to sit in the GTO. Yes, I have had people on third story windows yell Oh **** That's a GTO! as I cruised by. Yes I have Schoolbuses of kids give me the thumbs up yelling "Go GTOOOO!!" as I pass by.

I think it's hilarous that you always try to run back to the "Why doesn't it sell?" argument. It's the standard line you use when you've had your *** handed to you on this board, so this is all I have to say about that.

It's obvious that you...well, no I'm done with this thread. Same old argument hashed out over 27 pages. Chaman, you obviously seem think that anything not an F-body is a personal insult...to bad, You're missing out on some pretty great cars, and not just the GTO.

The best compliment I ever got for the Trans Am was a couple of kids who siad "hey, it's the Bat Mobile.

Not flaming, haven't read all 27 pages here so I don't know your views so I am asking now...Are you implying that the GTO gets more stares then a WS6? Because I don't believe that to be true. I am not saying GTOs don't get their fair share of compliments, but I can tell you this as a fact, everyday that I take my Ram Air TA out of the garage it becomes an instant attraction wherever I go. People at stop lights in other cars staring, leaning out to read the badges and look the car over. People in POS wannabe sports cars(Miatas, Celicas, Mustangs) staring over in discontent because of what they are driving. **** I've chased down people who were racing each other on the BLVD and by the time I join the chase they get so freaked out that they stop racing each other and I don't get to have any fun with them!! GTO is what it is, GM wanted a nice, conservative car with a great powerplant to compete with lower end BMW and Mercedes models, that's the customer they were looking to steal back. Guys in their late 20's, and 30's who were switching over to other companies because of the complaints stated here about the Firebird/camaro....cheap plastic build, too many rattles etc. etc. GTO is a solid, well built car, but IMO dealers screwed this thing up from the start with markups that hurt initial sales which would have made this car sell stronger. Local dealer stil has 2 '05s on the lot....Asking price? $359xx, WTF?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2edybrd

Poor me?? LOL! Listen (well, read) You have had f-bodies for years? hurray!! I have own and driven lots of other cars but I don't need to be bragging about those here, its not the point. I have driven 3 GTO's, one a 04 and two 05....I know your car and what is capable of doing, it just look generic and unsubstantial. Its an insult trying to push down to our throats those BS stories of thousands of people running behind you to see your car...all BS and you know it.

Go GTO!!?? hahahaha....you have made my day..HAHA!! If the best compliment you had driving a TA was "is that a batmobile..." there is something wrong, terribly wrong either with your face or the condition the TA was in....or you live in Saudi Arabia...I don't know or don't care.

Lets park your GTO SIDE BY SIDE with my TA at a mall and lets count the people that come to take a look....you will loose, I bet my house you will loose.

Bringing the FACT that have not sell well makes you laugh....why? second thoughts? Is all you say about it because there is nothing more to say. Go look at the car sales, the reviews....etc. Rest my case.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by hurley711
Not flaming, haven't read all 27 pages here so I don't know your views so I am asking now...Are you implying that the GTO gets more stares then a WS6? Because I don't believe that to be true. I am not saying GTOs don't get their fair share of compliments, but I can tell you this as a fact, everyday that I take my Ram Air TA out of the garage it becomes an instant attraction wherever I go. People at stop lights in other cars staring, leaning out to read the badges and look the car over. People in POS wannabe sports cars(Miatas, Celicas, Mustangs) staring over in discontent because of what they are driving. **** I've chased down people who were racing each other on the BLVD and by the time I join the chase they get so freaked out that they stop racing each other and I don't get to have any fun with them!! GTO is what it is, GM wanted a nice, conservative car with a great powerplant to compete with lower end BMW and Mercedes models, that's the customer they were looking to steal back. Guys in their late 20's, and 30's who were switching over to other companies because of the complaints stated here about the Firebird/camaro....cheap plastic build, too many rattles etc. etc. GTO is a solid, well built car, but IMO dealers screwed this thing up from the start with markups that hurt initial sales which would have made this car sell stronger. Local dealer stil has 2 '05s on the lot....Asking price? $359xx, WTF?
Yes hurley711. He claims that the GTO gets so many looks that little kids scream, "GO GTOOO!!!" (LOL!!) and almost causes accidents in the freeway!! Hell, even old ladies offer him oral pleasures for a ride in it...hahahha!!

Even my wife started laughing at the "go GTOOO!!!" thing...classic...
Old 01-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Launching!

I never said the TA doesn't get stares or comments. I'm just reacting to people saying the GTO does not because it's boring looking. Really I jumped in this thread because I felt like debating the blanket statements from people that the GTO is boring and slow.

That's just silly. And the extent to which these guys are going to insist that people who have owned both the GTO and F-Bodys, or GTO's and M3's Or GTO's and Corvette's are completely delusional about the reactions that the Goat receives is just silly. So I throw it right back at them to prove a point...I don't cruise with you. I don't know what reactions you get when you're in your TA. I know the reactions I get in the TA and in the GTO.

Hell I had a girl cruising the strip tell me she would give me a BJ for a ride in my '86 IROC back when they were new. If someone then came and said I was wrong about that because his experiences with IROC's were of the Itali-Mullet variety I would laugh at him.

Kind of like I'm doing now.

The only time I can remember getting the bland comment was from a guy in a Cobra at a car meet, and he was just kidding around, ' cause he was checking out the GTO as much as the others.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

GTO is a GREAT car, never said the contrary. Lacks in the looks department but thats not like a sin or anything. No harm done or intended. I was seriously considering one but now I will wait a bit to see where the Camaro will end up. If thing s get to slow or I smell BS from GM maybe I will go Vette instead...still dont know!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

I'm a Hardcore F-body guy. I own a '98 T/A. I also like the GTO quite a bit. I would suggest you don't worry about what others think and enjoy your car.

If you want people to show more respect for your GTO than I suggest you make yours really quick/fast and show people what can be done.

How many people respected trucks before Parish? or Turbo F-bodies before Harlan?

good luck.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

I never was a big Pontiac guy to fancy for my taste....I do like the GTO's comfortable interior and lots of room in the trunk for a nitrous bottle(s), but other than that........
Old 01-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
I'm a Hardcore F-body guy. I own a '98 T/A. I also like the GTO quite a bit. I would suggest you don't worry about what others think and enjoy your car.

If you want people to show more respect for your GTO than I suggest you make yours really quick/fast and show people what can be done.

How many people respected trucks before Parish? or Turbo F-bodies before Harlan?

good luck.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new 05 GTO. Gonna still have my WS-6 vert, it only has 9k miles on it. I can't possibly tell you how many comments I get about my WS-6 vert. When I stop people talk to me about it. when I'm driving down the road I see people stare and people point. Been that way since I bought it in '00.
It'll be intersting to see if the GTO gets that kind of attention. I have test drove the GTO on more than one occasion and hardly noticed if at all anyone even looking my way!! Maybe thats a good thing as far as johhny law is concerned. Just my 2 cents worth. Love my bird very much. This is about the 5 th one I've owned since 95. The WS-6 vert is a keeper.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it ironic that someone that hates GTO's trolls the GTO section.

GTO's are great cars, and like it or not it's time to move on, the F-body has been dead for 4 years now
Old 01-22-2006, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Lets park your GTO SIDE BY SIDE with my TA at a mall and lets count the people that come to take a look....you will loose, I bet my house you will loose.
Where are you from - I'd like to take you up on that.

Or if you want, we have a twice a month car show here in MD. Why don't you bring it over and we'll see for real what happens. Compare the comments or looks you get from your car vs our GTO's. What do you have to lose? Your house? C'mon put your house where your mouth is (or fingers).

My guess is that you talk big on the internet and make a stupid bet that you will not follow through with. Go big man on the Internet. Or you will say something like, "get real there's no way that a GTO will get more compliments than a ws-6, you must be dreaming of you think a gto will get more looks than my ws-6, or my wife says its better os it must be true", "its not worth it, I donlt want to embarrass you", etc.

Here's your chance big Internet guy prove us wrong - that's what you aspire to do right?

So c'mon then let's do it, you talk so big that you'll bet your house, well here's your chance to prove it.

Your TA is SOOO AWESOME!! Yay for you. It must make you feel real good to talk down to other car owners and talk about how great yours is. The way you talk, everyone in the world must share your opinion. If car magazines say it, and see it on the Internet, it must be true.

WS-6's (or should I say fake WS-6s) are right up there with Ferrari's, Lambo's, Bentleys, right? Throw on some cheapy $150 rims and you got license to talk down about any car out there.

Who the hell are you to tell someone else what someone did or didn't say to them about their car or what the experiences have been with thier own car?

Oh wait - you were just kidding, right?

Your **** is probably slow too.

Last edited by NVigR8; 01-22-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

that would be a gamble man....last year i used to go to this one particular car show all the time....many times i'd park next to a row of C5-C6 vettes or some nice f-bodies. (all the ford guys kinda stayed together, likewise with GM)

I can't tell you how many people walked past the other cars to ask me about my car purely because it's a unique vehicle. You hardly ever see them and they have a repuation (to everyone except those who actively hate them for no reason) for being genuinely NICE cars...

The Trans Am is a gorgeous car, but honestly, it's kind of old news. that doesn't make it any less attractive than a GTO, it just means your average cruise-night spectator has probably seen 1000 T/As....you usually don't see more than one or two GTOs at a cruise-in and even if you do, they peak a lot of people's interest because they're relatively scarce and unknown.

Quick Reply: Everyone seems to hate us.